Pride Charm!

I want to start this post by asking that people remain civil in their responses and arguments. I am stating my opinion on the matter and if you disagree, I just ask that your reply or argument doesn't include a mean joke or anything like that.

Pushing boundaries is completely necessary for change, and I think that this pride charm is a wonderful step forward for BHVR and games in general. I was watching the event and was excited to have a cute lil rainbow flag on my characters before the chat was flooded with homophobic comments and many, many people just typing the word 'cringe' over and over again and I just wanted to give my piece on it.

Pride is more than just being out and happy; It celebrates one's joy and pride in their identity and if being part of the LGBTQ+ community is a big part of your identity, celebrate yourself and others there who either feel similarly or are there to support you <3! To some people, this charm is pushing an agenda and I feel as though it is more here to show LGBTQ+ players that they are seen and celebrated, which is a wonderful thing in my opinion.

As for those who are planning on throwing matches due to players wearing the charm, I hope you understand that some people cannot help how they feel about themselves or others. Some people are able to feel love for their identity and the people they are expected to have feelings for, but not everyone falls under this category and that is perfectly fine. I want everyone to celebrate this month regardless of identity differences since love for oneself and others is a beautiful thing, and I think this charm is being blown out of proportion. If you disagree, please leave a comment below! I still think BHVR taking this big step is a great thing :)!

Comments

  • I swear people who typed cringe literally have no life

  • This is gonna be an interesting 1-2 weeks...

  • @megswifey said:

    I want to start this post by asking that people remain civil in their responses and arguments. I am stating my opinion on the matter and if you disagree, I just ask that your reply or argument doesn't include a mean joke or anything like that.

    Pushing boundaries is completely necessary for change, and I think that this pride charm is a wonderful step forward for BHVR and games in general. I was watching the event and was excited to have a cute lil rainbow flag on my characters before the chat was flooded with homophobic comments and many, many people just typing the word 'cringe' over and over again and I just wanted to give my piece on it.

    Pride is more than just being out and happy; It celebrates one's joy and pride in their identity and if being part of the LGBTQ+ community is a big part of your identity, celebrate yourself and others there who either feel similarly or are there to support you <3! To some people, this charm is pushing an agenda and I feel as though it is more here to show LGBTQ+ players that they are seen and celebrated, which is a wonderful thing in my opinion.

    As for those who are planning on throwing matches due to players wearing the charm, I hope you understand that some people cannot help how they feel about themselves or others. Some people are able to feel love for their identity and the people they are expected to have feelings for, but not everyone falls under this category and that is perfectly fine. I want everyone to celebrate this month regardless of identity differences since love for oneself and others is a beautiful thing, and I think this charm is being blown out of proportion. If you disagree, please leave a comment below! I still think BHVR taking this big step is a great thing :)!

    yeah I don't know what the whole deal is with that. (I'm referring to the chat during the livestream btw)

  • @Chunkyboi said:

    I swear people who typed cringe literally have no life

    I assume that those who typed cringe are too young to have seen the struggles that lgbt people have gone through in the past half a century. It's hard to have respect for something you have no context too in a relatable way. Just think that there are 13 year olds in the United states were born into a world where gay marriage is legal and have no idea how long and hard we fought to make that possible.

  • I don't get people, just play the funny video game and move on. Im just gonna wear it cuz, y'know its a free charm and it's rainbow, matches clown.

  • @Chunkyboi said:

    I swear people who typed cringe literally have no life

    the word cringe is super over-used these days.

  • I agree, honestly seeing people type 'cringe' about pride month made me laugh because it made no sense to me how these people were cringing at hundreds of years worth of advocacy and change with pushing for equal rights to love others. Just look at the rainbow and appreciate its beauty even if you dont fully understand it :)!

  • People are more upset over a little charm that does nothing than they are that mobile is getting yet another bloodhunt while pc/console continue to have crappy grind. 🤦‍♀️

  • @bm33 said:

    People are more upset over a little charm that does nothing than they are that mobile is getting yet another bloodhunt while pc/console continue to have crappy grind. 🤦‍♀️

    Real people take priority over bloodpoints.

  • I think you misunderstood. When I say people getting upset over a charm I'm talking about those against adding lgbt+ charm to the game - they're upset about the charm being added.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222625#Comment_2222625

    I think you misunderstood. When I say people getting upset over a charm I'm talking about those against adding lgbt+ charm to the game - they're upset about the charm being added.

    ok thanks for the clarification

  • The people upset over the charm need to eat a vegetable and get a life.

  • @MongolPSR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222587#Comment_2222587

    I assume that those who typed cringe are too young to have seen the struggles that lgbt people have gone through in the past half a century. It's hard to have respect for something you have no context too in a relatable way. Just think that there are 13 year olds in the United states were born into a world where gay marriage is legal and have no idea how long and hard we fought to make that possible.

    To be fair I'm not even 20 and I've had it really lucky in comparison to some of the things other people have gone through, but it's really not hard to empathise and just remain respectful. It's not the fact they were being children, it's the fact they were being twats. Homophobic twats who don't deserve to play the game.

    I hope they find it too cringe and they leave DBD for good. Nobody wants them around.

  • genuinely cannot wait to boot up dbd and harass the Fog with the gay gay homosexual gay

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222599#Comment_2222599

    To be fair I'm not even 20 and I've had it really lucky in comparison to some of the things other people have gone through, but it's really not hard to empathise and just remain respectful. It's not the fact they were being children, it's the fact they were being twats. Homophobic twats who don't deserve to play the game.

    I hope they find it too cringe and they leave DBD for good. Nobody wants them around.

    I’ve already seen some “Time to uninstall the game” comments on Twitter. Which, if you’re so upset over a tiny cosmetic that you want to quit playing, please do. You’re probably an ######### player as it is.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    genuinely cannot wait to boot up dbd and harass the Fog with the gay gay homosexual gay

    My only complaint is that I can't assign it to multiple charm slots

  • @MongolPSR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222695#Comment_2222695

    My only complaint is that I can't assign it to multiple charm slots

    id love to do that too omg

    pride flag in one, mlm flag in another, then either the david figurine or the lunar lamp.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222708#Comment_2222708

    id love to do that too omg

    pride flag in one, mlm flag in another, then either the david figurine or the lunar lamp.

    I'd go for a bi flag, pride flag, and a blm flag

  • Did this come out already?

  • @TwitchyMike said:

    Did this come out already?

    Enter code PRIDE to get the charm

  • Oh dope I will do that didn't know! My girlfriend is Pansexual and Queer so I support this very much!

  • @TwitchyMike said:

    Oh dope I will do that didn't know! My girlfriend is Pansexual and Queer so I support this very much!

    We stan a supportive s/o.

  • Idk... I've been wearing it and I've been tunneled less AND I had a killer give me hatch. :)

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    genuinely cannot wait to boot up dbd and harass the Fog with the gay gay homosexual gay

    I can't wait for someone to make an Alex Jones joke that the new charm is "turning the freakin fog gay!"

    But anyway, I am incredibly happy that this charm is in the game myself and I am never taking it off.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    Idk... I've been wearing it and I've been tunneled less AND I had a killer give me hatch. :)

    I've seen bunch of killers say they'd let all survivors wearing this charm live.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222755#Comment_2222755

    I've seen bunch of killers say they'd let all survivors wearing this charm live.

    Honestly as they should 💅

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222755#Comment_2222755

    I've seen bunch of killers say they'd let all survivors wearing this charm live.

    Good for them. I'll be rocking the charm on my hooks but I'm not changing play. I'll give hatch if I feel it. Normal play as usual

  • I've got the charm on my hook and half the survivors I go against are wearing the charm too. Multiple games they pointed at the charm and nodded furiously at me <333333

    Very nice endgame chats too. Though that might be because I usually end up memeing in game lol

  • So happy with all these lovely responses!!! Happy early pride month from me and my wifey meg <3!!! Get those W's and stay safe during these trying times everyone :)!

  • Nothing makes me actually cringe more than people who type "cringe" in response to other people doing something they enjoy.

  • @megswifey said:

    So happy with all these lovely responses!!! Happy early pride month from me and my wifey meg <3!!! Get those W's and stay safe during these trying times everyone :)!

    Dude I'm bleeding rainbows right now. Actually going on vacation in June to see my best friend and his husband. We're all going to pride together its going to be great.

  • @megswifey said:

    So happy with all these lovely responses!!! Happy early pride month from me and my wifey meg <3!!! Get those W's and stay safe during these trying times everyone :)!

    wow boba thats gay gay home of sexuals gay smh my head i cant believe you

    billie mobby mrown will be involved.

    (happy early pride everyone. i dont really celebrate it myself but i know it's really important to other people so make sure you stay safe and have a good time. you're all amazing apart from the people who aren't <3)

  • @MongolPSR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2223048#Comment_2223048

    Dude I'm bleeding rainbows right now. Actually going on vacation in June to see my best friend and his husband. We're all going to pride together its going to be great.

    666 posts. hm

  • @megswifey said:

    So happy with all these lovely responses!!! Happy early pride month from me and my wifey meg <3!!! Get those W's and stay safe during these trying times everyone :)!

    Ya my partner and I are excited for pride this month hopefully covid doesn't interfere.,...

  • Highly support, are a big fan of, believe you are amazing and should keep doing what you're doing, etc.

  • Not lgbti myself but will wear the charm will pride for the next 6 weeks. Hopefully BHVR introduce a well fleshed out LGBT character at some point.

    I feel sad for those people who say they will camp those displaying the Pride symbol. They think they are being edgy and infuriating people, but they just look like losers instead.

  • After reading the recent posts I was worried I'd run into some toxic people but I decided to wear my charm anyway. I had a final survivor point at my charm and nod, so I gave her hatch. I also had a killer who closed the hatch in my face after a very fun final chase and he let me go through the exit gate. Today was a good day of DbD. I'm happy.

  • @TwitchyMike said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2223048#Comment_2223048

    Ya my partner and I are excited for pride this month hopefully covid doesn't interfere.,...

    Covid is a tunneller tryhard u know

  • @Chunkyboi said:

    I swear people who typed cringe literally have no life

    Does saying it ironically count? I've done that a few times. But, I do agree with you

  • You know, I'm willing to bet that no-one really has control over who they are or who they feel for, at least not in such a grand way. I certainly never chose to be trans or bi, it's just... Me. The only choice was whether to embrace it or not.

    And I hope that people out there struggling with that choice know that it's not just us queers that will accept them. I'm willing to bet the majority of people I've seen wearing the pride charm are cis heterosexual people (unless most people I play against are LGBT+), and sometimes I wish this game had a hug emote.

    Be a bit wierd for Zarina to go up and cuddle Spirit, but hey.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    You know, I'm willing to bet that no-one really has control over who they are or who they feel for, at least not in such a grand way. I certainly never chose to be trans or bi, it's just... Me. The only choice was whether to embrace it or not.

    And I hope that people out there struggling with that choice know that it's not just us queers that will accept them. I'm willing to bet the majority of people I've seen wearing the pride charm are cis heterosexual people (unless most people I play against are LGBT+), and sometimes I wish this game had a hug emote.

    Be a bit wierd for Zarina to go up and cuddle Spirit, but hey.

    Being who you are is freeing, and to have people see it and accept it is a wonderful thing! It's lovely to have allies and I think a nice hug one or a charm of people holding hands would be great ;w;!!!!

  • @megswifey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2227369#Comment_2227369

    Being who you are is freeing, and to have people see it and accept it is a wonderful thing! It's lovely to have allies and I think a nice hug one or a charm of people holding hands would be great ;w;!!!!

    I'm gonna be honest, all I can think about right now is cuddling all the killers and they have to stand there and take it before getting a free hit.