Dismemberment in DbD

Is it possible to add a scripted (not completely physical) dismemberment to the Memento Mori game? At least in the form of a paid DLC, as it is done for example in Total War, if my memory does not change.

In this case, it will happen on the client side, not the server. I.e., the one who bought the DLC will see the meat and more blood, and who did not buy-respectively, will not see it.

At the moment, we have such killers as the Oni and soon there will be Nemesis, who with incredible force strike the survivors in the head area, from which it should burst like a ripe watermelon with all the ingredients. But alas, now in the game they will only have a few drops of blood and nothing more.

And in the game there are also chainsaws. Dismemberment is usually inherent in any horror and it should be in this game.

At least in the form of a paid DLС, please.

Comments

  • Being able to use different moris would be nice. Oh and Spirit is dismembered so I don't see why survivors can't. It might be hard though, idk.

  • I support that idea.

  • @Animator said:

    Is it possible to add a scripted (not completely physical) dismemberment to the Memento Mori game? At least in the form of a paid DLC, as it is done for example in Total War, if my memory does not change.

    In this case, it will happen on the client side, not the server. I.e., the one who bought the DLC will see the meat and more blood, and who did not buy-respectively, will not see it.

    At the moment, we have such killers as the Oni and soon there will be Nemesis, who with incredible force strike the survivors in the head area, from which it should burst like a ripe watermelon with all the ingredients. But alas, now in the game they will only have a few drops of blood and nothing more.

    And in the game there are also chainsaws. Dismemberment is usually inherent in any horror and it should be in this game.

    At least in the form of a paid DLС, please.

    kinda hard to do, might get the game banned in some places, physical dismemberment is not seen the same in some places

  • This idea sounds like gold and if I were the DEVS, I'd jump at the opportunity to get more money out of people anyway that I could.

  • Here's a fun fact : Leatherface and Freddy were DLC characters in Mortal Kombat

    Who knows, maybe the devs can get a deal to get a character from the franchise and then we'll get more brutal moris from it

  • Yeah, I would like to see my Demogorgon actually bite the head off from the survivor.

  • @mynameisBlade said:

    I say it's just laziness. This idea sounds like gold and if I were the DEVS, I'd jump at the opportunity to get more money out of people anyway that I could.

    Doesn’t have anything to do with laziness. Dismemberment could get the game banned in several countries where it is now legal and the devs want to avoid that.

  • Then they should try hard to MAKE it work however they can, because what we have just isn't good enough for many fans.

  • make it base and then we're talking

  • I'd like it too, but I don't think the devs know you can censor parts of your game for certain countries. Just listen to what each country has to say about the dismemberment and only enable it for countries that allow it. The Last of Us Part II is a recent example, Naughty Dog and Sony toned down the violence and that one scene halfway through the game that nobody wants to remember for the Japanese release.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222844#Comment_2222844

    Doesn’t have anything to do with laziness. Dismemberment could get the game banned in several countries where it is now legal and the devs want to avoid that.

    Then don't release the update in those countries. Make it a free DLC that's only released in countries where dismemberment isn't banned

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/253054/dismemberment-in-dbd

    kinda hard to do, might get the game banned in some places, physical dismemberment is not seen the same in some places

    Client sided only. If you live in a country where it's not prohibited. Let us pay for the client side gore. We want bloodshed!

  • @FilthyLegionMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222553#Comment_2222553

    Client sided only. If you live in a country where it's not prohibited. Let us pay for the client side gore. We want bloodshed!

    yeah i agree but i think even if it was client side it could still be banned but who knows, would also love the option to have different moris

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2234983#Comment_2234983

    yeah i agree but i think even if it was client side it could still be banned but who knows, would also love the option to have different moris

    Even when they restrict it from the prohibited countries? That'd be petty as hell.

  • Probably more of a technical limitation than a intentional leave out that survivors bodies don't change much . Even with the very basic clown Mori, you can jankily see the survivors finger roll back into their hand to "hide" it. like it got a cut off.

  • That would be nice, especially since they aim at renewing the game and make it visually next-gen worthy.

  • @glitchboi said:

    Being able to use different moris would be nice. Oh and Spirit is dismembered so I don't see why survivors can't. It might be hard though, idk.

    The dismembered Spirit is just a transparent area of the skin, it is still a single object.

  • @fogdonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222432#Comment_2222432

    The dismembered Spirit is just a transparent area of the skin, it is still a single object.

    Nah, I meant like if Spirit is dismembered then dismemberment shouldn't be an issue in DBD.