Self Care in Red Ranks

YOU CAN LIKE THE PERK, JUST THE USE IS MY PROBLEM.

Self Care is a selfish perk that wastes so much time. Why go with Self Care with better options. Bond is a great to get healed by teammates, or just bring a medkit. Inner Strength is efficient with your time as well. You can like the perk, but it is a massive waste of time.

I can't believe I can be doing a gen that is about to pop and the Claud runs past me and I even emote for her attention, yet she still passes me and self cares. Behind some tires.

Notes

•She was aware of me having Botany.

•You can use the perk if you want, jus don't be that stereotype person who goes in the corner. WASTING A LOT OF TIME

We did not finish that gen...We all died

Comments

  • It's not perk shaming to point out that someone is being inefficient with their time in a team based mode. Self-Care is only a net gain if you're pairing it with Botany. Otherwise it's pretty much always the worst thing you can do.

    Two people can nearly finish a gen in the time it takes one person to Self-Care. That's before we factor in Sloppy.

    Adrenaline, Pharmacy, Inner Strength, Second Wind are all better options.

    Do a gen or get healed if available. People should be taking aggro for you if they can.

    I don't think people should be inefficient because other teammates might also play poorly. That mindset is part of what makes solo queue so rough.

  • @Gnarly said:

    YOU CAN LIKE THE PERK, YET

    Self Care is a selfish perk that wastes so much time. Why go with Self Care with better options. Bond is a great to get healed by teammates, or just bring a medkit. Inner Strength is efficient with your time as well. You can like the perk, but it is a massive waste of time.

    I can't believe I can be doing a gen that is about to pop and the Claud runs past me and I even emote for her attention, yet she still passes me and self cares. Behind some tires.

    We did not finish that gen...We all died

    I think this is just a case of you worrying too much. I dont mean to sound dismissive, but people play how they want to and this post wont change their minds. People rock self care for old tome challenges, or because they are less confident survivors. Most, if not all, veteran players do not run self care. We understand that time efficiency is more important on gens (especially early on) than it is on healing. Also, allowing other players to heal you is always faster than self-care. Do not worry about it, just have fun doing your own thing. You will get better players or you can look for better players. You can dm me or post in forums and find swf players


    remember that people are very casual and can get to red ranks..... especially when ranks dont reset .... also do not look at ranks as how good a person is, as if they play a decent amount they will get to high ranks.... they are just to make you have a sense of progression, while dbd is a very casual game and outside of tournaments, not a competitive scene, so expecting a rank one to be better than a rank 10 is very likely to be the case, however all rank ones or red ranks are not equal. Someone with 3000 hours and someone with 200 hours can both be red ranks, easily. and one SHOULD have more knowledge of the game.

    Also, some people have a lot of time and dont care to min/max. They just want to play. It is very easy to not lose rank if you are semi decent at the game, so youre not really negatively impacted, other than you can laugh at someone doing silly things. The point is to have fun, not be super sweaty every second, and people enjoy the game differently. I have gotten 20-25k consistently when teammates hook dive, hide, and urban evasion in corners all game.

    It is not uncommon to see urban evasion, self care, spine chill, etc players that dont reaalllly know how to play the game or that play it with less "skill" than others.... but the game is what it is, just like diff killers have diff playstyles .... so do diff survivors.

  • I am a Claudette main and I always run selfcare but the problem with selfcare is knowing when you actually should selfcare, I use it when I should but it is the amount of people who use it wrong that gets me insulted by my own team for even running the perk. people as you know and have Probobly witnessed run into the corner with iron will and self care and just sit their for 30 seconds healing and the worst part. sometimes THEY GET DOWNED BEFORE THEY FINISHED. when using self care hiding in the corner doesn't make you have any less of a chance of getting found because the stitching sound is as loud as the whining and they can hear it from the same length and killers can see people in corners. I self care when my team is doing well or when I need to get the killer off my team but need to be healthy. so I selfcare next to where they are chasing but far enough away that he will not hear the stitching noise. running selfcare is ok but just know that being hurt ain't so bad if your hurt work on a gen if the killer is somewhere else. selfcare if being healthy might change the way an encounter with the killer goes. so in conclusion if your going to run selfcare bring botany to make it faster and plz don't just sit in a corner find a survivor if they have time it 2x as fast and heck it gives both of you more blood points. :D

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221033#Comment_2221033

    You just inspired a perk idea:

    "Cauterize"

    You take advantage of open electrical panels in dire circumstances. When repairing a generaror while injured you heal yourself 2%/4%/6% but are Exhasted for 60sec.

    Numbers can be played with here obviously, and the down side of Exhaustion could be changed. And I bet both gens being done would increase and SC use would drop.

    I love when people come up with their own perks and it's actually decent, unlike 60% of the survivor perks already in the game.

  • @eleventbh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221663#Comment_2221663

    I love when people come up with their own perks and it's actually decent, unlike 60% of the survivor perks already in the game.

    I think part of the issue is they only see their "main" side, making their idea either too OP or impossible to balance.

  • "Bond is a great to get healed by teammates"

    See that's what you would expect, but I've had so many teammates just refuse to heal me even though I'm right next to them and they're not doing anything productive. Too many potatoes to bring a perk to rely on them healing you.


    That Claudette was just a potato, as others have said the perk itself is fine if not on the more efficient side when used correctly.

  • And what do you do if your teammates dont heal you? The region i play in thats not uncommon, since i play solo and when the killer comes he usually goes for the injured guy. Happens quite often, so how does me using bond force them to do that, can you explain?

    I mean i get it, there are lots of players that think a flashlight gives them somehow authority over my ordering me what to do, but so far they were all wrong. Maybe you have a similar misconseption.

    Also, i would like you to mathematicaly explain how much time is wasted by selfcaring. Just make a small example. (hint: you wont find one)

  • Self care itself isn’t so bad for solo queue tbh, people just use it wrong. There are plenty of situations where you have to stand around twiddling your thumbs for a few secs and self care can be used to intermittently top up your heal bar. Is that worth a perk slot? Each to his own I suppose.

    Self care + botany + desperate measures is great for solo queue though.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    "Bond is a great to get healed by teammates"

    See that's what you would expect, but I've had so many teammates just refuse to heal me even though I'm right next to them and they're not doing anything productive. Too many potatoes to bring a perk to rely on them healing you.

    That Claudette was just a potato, as others have said the perk itself is fine if not on the more efficient side when used correctly.

    I just don't know why bringing a medkit isn't more common. Like too many self cares compared to people who just bring medkits. Fine perk and anyone can use it, just soooo many better options.

  • @Gnarly said:

    YOU CAN LIKE THE PERK, JUST THE USE IS MY PROBLEM.

    Self Care is a selfish perk that wastes so much time. Why go with Self Care with better options. Bond is a great to get healed by teammates, or just bring a medkit. Inner Strength is efficient with your time as well. You can like the perk, but it is a massive waste of time.

    I can't believe I can be doing a gen that is about to pop and the Claud runs past me and I even emote for her attention, yet she still passes me and self cares. Behind some tires.

    Notes

    •She was aware of me having Botany.

    •You can use the perk if you want, jus don't be that stereotype person who goes in the corner. WASTING A LOT OF TIME

    We did not finish that gen...We all died

    This is all you see, the Claudette that's avoiding interacting with the killer all game and then when she finally does goes down in milliseconds. After she gets rescued, she runs to the farthest darkest corner of the map to self care for 5 minutes.

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    Self-Care has saved my ass so many times at Rank 1 Survivor that I cannot even count it anymore. The amount of times I go to self-care so I'm not a detriment to my team who are doing gens and I don't have to waste time trying to find a medkit is much more beneficiary as a whole. What do you do if no one has self-care, everyone is hurt and someone is being chased? Wander around the map, hoping you see a survivor to heal you and the killer doesn't spot you on the way? What about the time you take away from gens while trying to find someone?

    Everyone likes to say that self-care is selfish but it's the most efficient way to not ######### your team over and waste time. If I have to run a perk that requires me to run around to find and break a totem, run around to find a locker THEN stay in that locker for a few seconds compared to me just standing behind a wall or a pallet and just start healing myself, I'd rather just heal myself. Don't forget the other argument is medkits.

    Okay, you might get Franklin Demised on, it only has 1-4 heals depending on the quality of the medkit and add-ons AND if you don't bring one in with you, you still have to wander around injured, spend time opening a chest then heal and hope the killer doesn't find you all in that time while you COULD be just self-caring yourself to healthy. Self-Care is the most UNSELFISH healing perk in this game and the best perk to use as a team.

    @Erukani

    Didn't know that this is the "right way" to use Inner Strength. Like waiting until you are injured and then go find a totem.

    I just play normally with it, if I find totem, I cleanse it and when I get injured it's already active and tbh, there is lockers everywhere. You can literally find locker quicker than healing spot with selfcare.

    If Inner isn't active, I just keep doing objective until I find a totem. Maybe I'm using it wrong, maybe I need to wait when I get injured and then go look for totems.

  • Oh my God self care discussion in 2021?let ppl use what they want

  • @justbecause said:

    Oh my God self care discussion in 2021?let ppl use what they want

    Hey man I just don't see why use it when you can use plenty of better things for healing. You use it or something? It's fine if you do. Just It's a perk used wrong all the time.

  • @Gnarly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2278150#Comment_2278150

    Hey man I just don't see why use it when you can use plenty of better things for healing. You use it or something? It's fine if you do. Just It's a perk used wrong all the time.

    I don't use it but I also let ppl use what they feel comfortable with

  • Inner strength is better imo

1 2 ›