Could the addons be better explained

could they be clearer then

  • Slightly
  • moderately
  • tremendously

This mean different things to different killers and survivors.


I think it could be a little more clear on what they do.

Comments

  • Slightly = Small amount

    Moderately = Modest amount

    Tremendously = Large amount

    Hope this helps. 🤗

  • @NemesisOnNemesis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2216108#Comment_2216108

    it doesn't.

    Some addons are just one of their kind.

    Some addons on one killer give 1% increase by "slightly", others give 4,5 (9% previously) by "slightly'

    Not even talking about 'moderately' or tremendously, these are so vague that it's pointless.

    this right here. I would just like to what the add on actually does. not just an idea

  • @Ryan489x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2216115#Comment_2216115

    this right here. I would just like to what the add on actually does. not just an idea

    Too hard to just copy-paste the numbers for clarity. You'd need to buy at least 40 cosmetics to get that privilege.

  • While I agree this would be better, You can currently look this up on the wiki.

  • Yeah this always has been misleading, would be about time after 5 years that they speak in numbers instead of in riddles.

  • @Samtar said:

    While I agree this would be better, You can currently look this up on the wiki.

    I shouldn't have to do that when most of the other things work in percentages just not addons

  • I also wish there were a glossary in the game that told you what the status effects are. Especially when you're new, reading that your add-on makes people mangled is just ???.

  • Nemesis T-Type or "The Nemesis" is one of 24Killers currently featured inDead by Daylight . He will be introduced as the Killer of CHAPTER XX: Resident Evil, a Chapter DLC to be released on 15 June 2021. 1 Overview 2 Lore 3 The Nemesis' Perks 4 Load-out 4.1 Weapon: Raw Fists 4.2 Power: T-Virus 4.2.1 Power Trivia 4.3 Add-ons for T-Virus 5 Achievements 6 Customisation 6.1 Default 6.2 Prestige 6.3 Special 6.4 In-Game Store 6.4.1 Outfits 6.4.2 Heads 6.4.3 Body 6.4.4 Weapons 7 DLC 8 Trivia The Nemesi

    Here you go, it's precisely explained in the addon section of DBD wiki.

  • @NemesisOnNemesis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2216108#Comment_2216108

    it doesn't.

    Some addons are just one of their kind.

    Some addons on one killer give 1% increase by "slightly", others give 4,5 (9% previously) by "slightly'

    Not even talking about 'moderately' or tremendously, these are so vague that it's pointless.

    You haven't understood that percentages are relative. 5% when it comes to speed is not much, but the same 5%, when applied to probability, make a big difference.

  • @Samtar said:

    While I agree this would be better, You can currently look this up on the wiki.

    Which wiki? Because the wiki I use (https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/) only tells you the in-game text of the add-ons and not what "slightly": et-all actually means. Like, how much movement speed do I get from using Tacky Earrings? What do I move at while stalking with them on? Without them? The wiki doesn't tell me the numbers, just what I've already been told in game. And what I've been told in game isn't as helpful as it should be.

  • I kinda want them to just explain changes with numbers more but its not a massive deal so i dont think it will change.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I kinda want them to just explain changes with numbers more but its not a massive deal so i dont think it will change.

    you're right it's not that big a deal. more of a quality of life thing. not top priority and I get that.

  • @NemesisOnNemesis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2216108#Comment_2216108

    it doesn't.

    Some addons are just one of their kind.

    Some addons on one killer give 1% increase by "slightly", others give 4,5 (9% previously) by "slightly'

    Not even talking about 'moderately' or tremendously, these are so vague that it's pointless.

    Just adding on (hah), "slightly" on one of Pig's add-ons is 50%, meanwhile one of Legion's "tremendously" is 15%.

    Yup, the words are pretty much meaningless.

  • @vladspellbinder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218798#Comment_2218798

    Which wiki? Because the wiki I use (https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/) only tells you the in-game text of the add-ons and not what "slightly": et-all actually means. Like, how much movement speed do I get from using Tacky Earrings? What do I move at while stalking with them on? Without them? The wiki doesn't tell me the numbers, just what I've already been told in game. And what I've been told in game isn't as helpful as it should be.

    uh no, the wiki tells you numbers. hover over the "slightly increases" part. it tells you 10%.

    the wiki has literally every number in the game for everything. it even has an entire movement speeds page where you're given every possible movement speed in the game, like when x killer is charging x power, canceling it, survivors under x effect while walking/running/crouching, Michael while stalking and passively stalking, etc.

    don't be so confident with your answers at first. start asking questions before that.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Slightly = Small amount

    Moderately = Modest amount

    Tremendously = Large amount

    Hope this helps. 🤗

    Except that's not always the case:

    Demos' Black heart add-on gives a flat 20% cool-down reduction on successful shreds which is .6 seconds and is only a slightly.

    Meanwhile legion's cold dirt is also a .6 second decrease on their self stun FF cool-down but is labeled as a considerably.

    Its not consistent at all.

  • @vladspellbinder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218798#Comment_2218798

    Which wiki? Because the wiki I use (https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/) only tells you the in-game text of the add-ons and not what "slightly": et-all actually means. Like, how much movement speed do I get from using Tacky Earrings? What do I move at while stalking with them on? Without them? The wiki doesn't tell me the numbers, just what I've already been told in game. And what I've been told in game isn't as helpful as it should be.

    The wiki tells you on literally every add-on's page that you have to hover your mouse to reveal the values. What more do you need? Flashing arrows pointing you to that information text?

  • @NemesisOnNemesis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2220495#Comment_2220495

    you miss the point that all these words become meaningless when you have to guess what they mean.

    They don't even give a GENERAL idea of how big their effect is. All you know is that they enhance X aspect of the power and the gradation of the effect in case such addons aren't singular (so you know that slightly addon does less than moderately addon). But nothing more and that is ridiculous

    As people keep repeatedly showing when faced with the numbers: they don't understand them any better than the modifier words.

    For those, the general idea is better than the raw values.

  • @Haddix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2220633#Comment_2220633

    uh no, the wiki tells you numbers. hover over the "slightly increases" part. it tells you 10%.

    the wiki has literally every number in the game for everything. it even has an entire movement speeds page where you're given every possible movement speed in the game, like when x killer is charging x power, canceling it, survivors under x effect while walking/running/crouching, Michael while stalking and passively stalking, etc.

    don't be so confident with your answers at first. start asking questions before that.

    @Alionis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2220633#Comment_2220633

    The wiki tells you on literally every add-on's page that you have to hover your mouse to reveal the values. What more do you need? Flashing arrows pointing you to that information text?

    They could make it a bit more clear this is a thing the site uses, as I had no idea it was a thing. The words being bolded don't immediately tell me it's a scroll over link, I normally expect that to be an underline, as underline tends to mean "this is a link". Normally a hyperlink to another page yes but a scroll over pop-up link is not unexpected when you can't "click" the underlined part.

  • @vladspellbinder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221072#Comment_2221072

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221390#Comment_2221390

    They could make it a bit more clear this is a thing the site uses, as I had no idea it was a thing. The words being bolded don't immediately tell me it's a scroll over link, I normally expect that to be an underline, as underline tends to mean "this is a link". Normally a hyperlink to another page yes but a scroll over pop-up link is not unexpected when you can't "click" the underlined part.

    Listen, the wiki tells you to hover over the modifier words (slightly, etc.). There's not much else that could be understood here. Also, the modifier words that support mouse-over are underlined in addition to being bold.