Are the devs stealth buffing perks now?

The devs aren't really the type to just quietly change the perks, which is why the majority of the perks in this game are virtually useless as the devs refuse to just buff them without sending them through the ptb process. The reason I mention this is recently I've noticed some perks just gotten buffed and never heard about it (Like mindbreaker and Trail of Torment).

So question, am I just missing these or the devs actually just buffing perks now without making a big deal out of it?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • These were buffed a bit ago and were in the patch notes :)

  • They announced those buffs and even tested them on a PTB.

    But as other have said that was a while ago and if you weren't paying attention to the news section you probably would never have noticed due to how useless they still are.

  • @Zenro said:

    These were buffed a bit ago and were in the patch notes :)

    Man, really wish they just got it together and started buffing weak perks more than once in a blue moon.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    They announced those buffs and even tested them on a PTB.

    But as other have said that was a while ago and if you weren't paying attention to the news section you probably would never have noticed due to how useless they still are.

    Eh they have uses now, Trail of Torment could be a good stealth perk and Mindbreaker now effectively counters the players that sit on gens till last second to just sprint burst away.

  • Seems they've even buffed Unnerving Presence. The killer doesn't even have to equip it for it to work.

    Nos37 playing Dead by Daylight: Special Edition. View more Xbox clips at GameClips.io


  • @LazyPayday said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2212807#Comment_2212807

    Eh they have uses now, Trail of Torment could be a good stealth perk and Mindbreaker now effectively counters the players that sit on gens till last second to just sprint burst away.

    Mindbreaker is not a good counter to sprint burst lol, mind breaker is an enhancer for sprint burst. You just enable players with sprint burst to 99 it whenever they want since they can tap a gen, 99 and go.

    It's decent against dead hard I guess though.

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2212810#Comment_2212810

    Mindbreaker is not a good counter to sprint burst lol, mind breaker is an enhancer for sprint burst. You just enable players with sprint burst to 99 it whenever they want since they can tap a gen, 99 and go.

    It's decent against dead hard I guess though.

    I think the opposite, I've gone against a survivor who was truly abusing sprint burst to never be able to be chased I had too much pressure on me while it was happening so I could never commit to the chase as they would always sprint burst away from all the gens the other survivors were doing, but come right back once I left, effectively making it impossible to get them while trying to win. The scenario they're thinking of would be very rare, as the survivor would effectively have to stare at the gen for 39 seconds before starting, or whatever they had left, either way it wouldn't be the best strat.

    On the other hand, dead hard would almost never get countered. As the survivor would have plenty of time to walk for 5 second to lose the exhaustion, either before the killer got to the gen who during chase. It'd only be countered if the survivor was working on the gen while injured.

  • The devs have a history of stealth buffing/nerfing stuff. At first it would be introduced as a bug. Then if the backlash isn't substantial they would then say it's "working as intended".

  • I swear stakeout now gains tokens while you’re on the hook. Maybe I was just tired. Can anyone else confirm?

  • ToT got changed alongside the Executioner Changes which was around last October.

    Mindbreaker got buffed at some point in the past. The only thing they didn't mention in the patch notes is that Mindbreakers 50 % requirement got removed.

  • @Nos37 said:

    Seems they've even buffed Unnerving Presence. The killer doesn't even have to equip it for it to work.

    https://gameclips.io/Nos37/53ccbde5-2e39-4295-ba1c-7f2e5015ee0a

    That's not unnerving.

  • They shadow buffed Make Your Choice recently. Now, the person rescuing screams when they’re impacted.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    They shadow buffed Make Your Choice recently. Now, the person rescuing screams when they’re impacted.

    2agVFk2[1].png

    Stealthing something implies it was done hiddenly, which we don't do - MYC was mentioned in the patch notes!

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2213820#Comment_2213820

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/D9XSTZW60606/2agvfk2-5b1-5d.png

    Stealthing something implies it was done hiddenly, which we don't do - MYC was mentioned in the patch notes!

    Ah, fair enough. I must have missed it when reading. The first time it happened to me, I was so confused about why I screamed lol