Something I realized about the RE chapter speculation

It's definitely a fact a lot of us are excited for it, it is fun speculating who the killer(s) and survivor(s) might be, overall it brings us together as a community. However there is something I hate to say and that is people care so much about the characters that they go to absurd, odd, and sometimes aggressive lengths to ensure that the characters they want are coming into this chapter. It gotten to a point where I've realized some people were sorted as Old fans, and New fans, it felt like two sides. Some people wanted the newer stuff while fans of the old games came to disagree, and you could reverse this statement it still has the same result.

As for ensuring the characters they want to come in, this is what I mean, and I'm not naming. I recently saw a post on another social media site stating Lady D shouldn't be the killer because she was new, and was sexist or something along those line. Which is funny because we got Freddy and we don't talk about his issues, and well, you get the idea. Or another saying they didn't want Nemesis because well hes too over the top and too powerful biologically, etc. Now aggressive well this is gonna be my experience.

So if you don't know already I really want Jack Baker, and he's not a bad choice. But from what I've received over the course of the wait for the livestream, was what was once civil discussions to backlash saying hes not 'iconic', to a lot of other different things. It was mostly on my other social media, and I was harassed over the fact I wanted the old man that personally scared me a lot more than the other villains of RE. SO the point of this is that the RE chapter speculation not only single handedly brought a lot of us together in excitement, but also in a way divided us. I'm not sure if I'm the only one who feels this way but I just had to say it

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @MintberryCrunch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2211246#Comment_2211246

    PR = public relations.

    As in the press release could just be using words to hype up the announcement, not necessarily thinking "well if we say iconic, then it has to be someone from the old games"

    Don't get me wrong, I'd rather they are from older ones as I don't have RE Village but I think the focus on the word "iconic" isn't a completely solid argument.

    its common in advertisements to do that, to bring in new people to play the game by using big titles and ensuring it will sell

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2210136#Comment_2210136

    I agree for the most part saying either NEmesis or Mr.X should be the killer because their iconic is so no-brainer it literally takes next to no thought process at all. If you are just using the fact they are iconic as your best defense that's really terrible. Look at the licensed killers from before, and lets try to give them the reason why they should be in DBd without saying the word Iconic.

    Michael Myers: He is the literal embodiment of evil, and one of the first-ever slashers, and brought true terror.

    Leatherface: he was the very first Slasher in existence

    Freddy Krueger: He gives people the fear of falling asleep and is stands among the other slashers

    Pig: She represents the twisted sadism that only few can endure even though shes not Jigsaw

    GF: He literally is the Deadpool of the slashers ( by Deadpool I mean he constantly pokes fun at the slasher series) all the more while still being scary about

    Demo: Its a literal ######### monster, that is from a popular Tv show, plus he's a good puppy dog

    Pyramid Head: THe literal embodiment of damnation, and punishment, how can you not add that.

    Now looking at Nemesis and Mr.X, they have next to nothing on what I just listed

    I don't get why the same argument can't be made for Demo and Nemesis.

    It's a literal 8ft tall inferno monster from the most popular video game horror franchise of all time.

    In comparison, Demogorgon and Pyramid Head have nothing on them.

    Also Leatherface was NOT the first slasher lol. Movies existed before 1974, he was just in the beginning of the popularization of the genre.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2211063#Comment_2211063

    This was literally the same thing this guy said https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cyv_9ber38

    I mean you have a good point the thing is for me with Nemesis. Its just I can't imagine him using rocket launcher as his power. I actually had an image in my head where Nemi shoots a missile at a survivor and its a direct hit, and they are put into the dying state. Just #########, I mean come on, how the ######### do you survive a DIRECT hit from god damn rocket launcher, just how. Mr.X I wouldn't mind but coming up with a power that unique and not a rehash power would be rather difficult.

    You probably haven't seen the comments in the video, have you kappa

    But for real, I agree with him in a lot of ways, but I have a few objections with his sayings.

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2211083#Comment_2211083

    You probably haven't seen the comments in the video, have you kappa

    But for real, I agree with him in a lot of ways, but I have a few objections with his sayings.

    I didn't because I'm no my school chromebook, and they block comments and such, it sucks. But what don't you agree on?

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2211322#Comment_2211322

    I didn't because I'm no my school chromebook, and they block comments and such, it sucks. But what don't you agree on?

    oh sick a fellow school chromebook user

  • Man, screw anyway who tries to put down your opinion because they don't think your hopes or guesses are "iconic" enough. While I agree we are most likely to see older, more classic characters, speculation is all about fun and people should not take it so seriously. I am personally hoping for Nemesis, but I will be pleasantly surprised if we see Jack Baker as a killer. I'm excited to see when all is revealed tomorrow!

  • @JacksonWise said:

    Man, screw anyway who tries to put down your opinion because they don't think your hopes or guesses are "iconic" enough. While I agree we are most likely to see older, more classic characters, speculation is all about fun and people should not take it so seriously. I am personally hoping for Nemesis, but I will be pleasantly surprised if we see Jack Baker as a killer. I'm excited to see when all is revealed tomorrow!

    Sadly some people just can't get a grip, sometimes, however I am not innocent so I understand where they are coming from

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2211063#Comment_2211063

    This was literally the same thing this guy said https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cyv_9ber38

    I mean you have a good point the thing is for me with Nemesis. Its just I can't imagine him using rocket launcher as his power. I actually had an image in my head where Nemi shoots a missile at a survivor and its a direct hit, and they are put into the dying state. Just #########, I mean come on, how the ######### do you survive a DIRECT hit from god damn rocket launcher, just how. Mr.X I wouldn't mind but coming up with a power that unique and not a rehash power would be rather difficult.

    Same way you survive a chainsaw clean through your body multiple times only to be perfectly unscathed a minute later after a back rub. Damage in DBD is far from realistic, and seeing as how Nemesis's rocket launcher also just knocks people down in RE: Resistance, I can see it not feeling completely wrong as just an instadown with maybe the ability to destroy nearby breakable walls, pallets, and maybe even damage gens. Like seriously how is someone like Dwight still effortlessly hopping over windows and pallets after being demon smashed over the head, impaled on a rusty hook, and having lost massive amounts of blood. It's honestly hilarious how much people ignore how superhuman the survivors actually are, oh and don't even get me started on their nigh infinite sprinting stamina.

    I know this is unrelated to the thread, but I wanted to make a point as I've seen this brought up a lot.

  • I hate to say but the speculation divided us LOL.

  • @Itz_Stabby_Goku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2211083#Comment_2211083

    Same way you survive a chainsaw clean through your body multiple times only to be perfectly unscathed a minute later after a back rub. Damage in DBD is far from realistic, and seeing as how Nemesis's rocket launcher also just knocks people down in RE: Resistance, I can see it not feeling completely wrong as just an instadown with maybe the ability to destroy nearby breakable walls, pallets, and maybe even damage gens. Like seriously how is someone like Dwight still effortlessly hopping over windows and pallets after being demon smashed over the head, impaled on a rusty hook, and having lost massive amounts of blood. It's honestly hilarious how much people ignore how superhuman the survivors actually are, oh and don't even get me started on their nigh infinite sprinting stamina.

    I know this is unrelated to the thread, but I wanted to make a point as I've seen this brought up a lot.

    Realistically this wouldn't happen, so when the archives come out they better explain how survivors can endure that, like Stephan King has said, the less Bullshit your spewing the better

  • @Sup3rCatTree said:

    I hate to say but the speculation divided us LOL.

    It really did,

  • @sadghost said:

    At this point in development nobodys opinion is going to change anything about what the characters this chapter brings into the game. By the time they've announced anything like this they've already chosen the characters, done all the concept sketches, narrowed down the choices and locked in the final set and completed nearly all of the graphics and programming and are now just swatting bugs.

    +1. Sometimes I think people believe they can will something to happen by wanting it enough and that, if you say you don't want it, you're somehow making it less likely to happen. In reality, everyone's arguing about a decision that got made by someone else several months in the past. We're waiting to find out what that decision was, but we have no ability to affect it, no matter how air-tight our arguments are.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2211322#Comment_2211322

    I didn't because I'm no my school chromebook, and they block comments and such, it sucks. But what don't you agree on?

    First of all I press f to pay respects for you...

    Secondly, I think Mr x has more chances of being introduced than nemesis. Nemesis is only ranged whereas Mr x is close ranged, so he has a lot more chances of being introduced. The resident evil 2 remake was more popular rather than 3 if I remember correctly, so that's a +1 reason right there. And I think that they will do a 360 10000 iq play. Basically, on steam they have 3 dlcs ready, some speculate that we will get 2 licences on the price of one, one resident evil and one random. I, the big brain playah that I am, have come to the conclusion that they will either release 2 dlc cosmetic packs that will feature legendary skins so you can play as Mr x and nemesis (nemesis would be the cosmetic) and some different cosmetics for survivors (like Chris?) Or they will introduce 2 killers and 2 survivors, that's my guess

  • If it was nemesis and Jill they could put in a fun interaction where he says his voice line upon starting a chase with her. It's also likely he'd have obsession perks

1 2 ›