Does Playing Bill get you Tunneled?
Going on 6 games in a row, all games I'm tunnelled. Literally didn't do anything to the killer, like looping or multiple pallet stuns, they just gun for me. I'll unhook a survivor, the killer will down them again, then just completely ignore the survivor and chase me and hook me. Then when I get unhooked, between 2 injured survivors, I'm the one that gets chased agaid. 2nd hook. I get unhooked, me and the other survivor running away. Between 3 options of survivors, all injured, the killers will relentlessly chase me down for LITERALLY A FULL MINUTE. Like I ran the whole map, this Trickster is just focusing me HARD for no reason.
Like I dont know what is going on, and Bill is my only leveled up survivor and I played him in L4D and I just like being him but if he's the punching bag mascot for this game, please let me know :( I'm only at 30 hours in this game, I've barely scratched its surface and Im only rank 17.
Most recent game is with Pyramid head and once again, Im focused and tunneled across the entire map. Like we literally had 1 AFK survivor just standing by a hook, and the killer completely ignored them and continued to run me down? Like I can't get more than 5 minutes of game play because I'm just the target of everyone's affection?
I don't know what Im putting off that screams just "PICK ME. CHOOSE ME. LOVE ME" to the killer but I wish I knew how to turn it off? Is there something in the lore that Im just missing? The only time I can get any sort of break at all is if I'm in customs, or if the other players also choose Bill. This is getting seriously discouraging is there something that I'm missing thats just making me so focused?
Comments
I've not seen any indication of Bill's being tunneled.
Unfortunately, it may simply be that you are a convenient and easy target to eliminate.
The key to discourage tunneling is to waste as much time as possible. If I can't down someone in under 20 seconds, I probably won't tunnel.
I've never played Bill, so I don't know about that. I just think tunneling has gotten way worse since the DS nerf. I've been taking more breaks.
In low ranks, yes.
Bill = Borrowed time + Unbreakable
Two of the strongest perks in the game. Getting rid of someone with Unbreakable that can completly turn the game around if you manage to down all 4, or someone who can give 12 seconds of invulnerability to someone you just hooked is extremely helpful for the killer. As an opposite everyone knows Lauries ALWAYS have DS so they are never tunneled.
Just played ANOTHER game. 4 of us survivors were all within 4 meters of eachother. 3 on a generator, 1 on a chest. GUESS WHO GOT ATTACKED? Then once I was hooked guess what the killer did? Camped :)
Once I was unhooked I ran across the entire map with my savior, healed me. Killer found us! Guess who he chased? ME.
I seriously haven't gotten more than 3 minutes of game play in over 7 matches.
Thats the thing, though, I'll literally be wasting the killers time SO MUCH. I had a trickster chasing me in the meat warehouse for literally a full minute and he was chasing me up stairs, jumping down holes, running by other survivors and just completely ignored anyone else. Like he didn't even try to swing at other survivors.
Idk if its just that though. My rank is 17, and my friends sit around 8-10, so I would think the killer would be at least somewhere in between or on their level? It's just so freaking annoying that playing this character means you have to be GOD tier to enjoy any playtime. I only carry Unbreakable because i know 100% im going to get focused, and odds are the other survivors won't come get me. Uusally when I'm hooked I dont even see their auras on generators its jsut them kinda crouching across the map? Idk all the stradegies yet but a lot of stuff just seems questionable to me, idk
Then, unfortunately, that's just the way it is at lower Ranks.
The Killers there don't know any better, they've not been taught how to play any other way.
ugh, RIP :( guess ill play killer for a bit
I am sorry that I was not able to offer you a better solution :(
Unfortunately tunneling happens a lot in all ranks. I play in red ranks and tunneling is very common in the games I play.
I've been tunneled once as Bill, but that's all. I don't play him a lot, not yet. (Doing P3 on all my characters, it takes time, and Bill's P1.)
In a dozen of matches, happened once. I think you just got unlucky. 😿
7 games in a row feels.... exorbently unlucky, and even my friends noticed that I was strictly being focused. Like they all started carrying flashlights just to stun the killer when i undoubtedly got focused, or would play as bill as well just so I stood a chance. its nice of them, but still. like 7 times seems a bit too consistent
From my own experience, I'll only tunnel if I can see that I'll be able to down them in a sub 20 second time period.
i mean that i can get, if im an easy target im an easy target, a killers job is to kill. but when i see a killer literally crossing an entire map and bypassing literal DOWNED survivors just to chase me--it makes me salty. like there was a downed dwight just LYING there, but trickster wanted to chase me through the entire meat factory instead?
Were you the last Survivors who wasn't downed?
not at all! there were 2 healthy survivors all in the area, and i literally ran by them hoping they'd use a flashlight to get the killer off me. when i saved dwight he immediately got downed again by a throwing knife, and i got injured by one. killer chased me through the entire factory and dwight just chilling by the hook like... OK?
Hmmmmm.
Very strange
Not really. I don't play him often but when I do, not really. You might think / feel you're getting tunneled but you're probably realistically not. Most killers go by who they view as the weakest link of the group and eliminate them as fast as possible. Some of them don't intend to tunnel, they go by who they happen to see first and if that's always you then unlucky. Also bad for you if you have immersive gamers that hide so naturally you'd be the one the killer would find. You're new to the game right? So grey ranks aren't known for their chivalrous bravery when it comes to the killer. They tend to hide even when they hear a branch snap. I wish I could say it's only grey ranks but I've come across fellow red rank teammates who hide in a locker when the faint heartbeat is heard! Wild stuff man.
Other killers on the other hand, will tunnel you to death. Sometimes just for the fun of it or they're petty / spiteful enough, especially if you've looped them for too long or pallet stunned them one too many times or simply made them look like fools. A key in your hand in the lobby is asking to be tunneled, make sure you don't equip one in the lobby.
in case you're curious what true tunneling is, it's when the player goes out of his way to single out one particular player. An example would be this Spirit game I had one time and is the finest example I have. When the game immediately began and my teammate blew up the gen we were on, out of the two she chose me. Chased me a solid two minutes and naturally 2 gens popped, I get hooked finally. Get unhooked and she completely ignored the other person. I thought maybe she was just going for the easier target, no big deal until I accidentally ran right next to my teammates working on a gen. She ignored them completely even though she HAD to have seen them and still chased me. Ran her for another minute, another 2 gens popped and finally she downs me again; second hook. Got unhooked and she waited for me to be unhooked so she could tunnel me out. A teammate tried to take a hit, take aggro but she completely ignored them. I ran her for the last gen as long as I could and finally I died. I didn't get to touch a single gen in that match save the one my teammate blew up that got me discovered in the first place and that was only for like, 15 seconds. I did absolutely nothing to her. No teabagging, no flashlight clicking, nada. Sometimes killers tunnel, just to tunnel.
I do agree with one statement made that in higher ranks, he can be tunneled. He has the Unbreakable teachable and that turns what the killer was already celebrating as a win as a turn around. He thinks he's won, only to see Bill got back up and unhooked Jane, got Cheryl off the floor all the while you're just now hooking David and low and behold a few short moments later, the killer sees they're all healed and up thanks to un-f'in-breakable. It's a game changer not many higher ranked killers want to deal with.
Not that I've kept a record or anything buuuuut, I've gotten tunneled the most playing Bunny Feng. :(( but that Spirit game happened to have been me playing my main gurl Kate tho so no bunny. I doubt it would've made a difference since she was so dead set (no pun intended) on seeing to it I was not leaving that match alive.
I hope not, or i'm in trouble.
Low ranks that play in brackets where people dont have free character teachables unlocked dont know what BT or UB are or do, if you are getting tunneled as Bill in low ranks is because he is easier to spot and extremely noisy even when healthy, his grunts of pain and respiration are very very loud.
In higher ranks, probably unintentionally.
Bill is REALLY ######### loud especially when injured. I can hear him so damn far away it's ridiculous. He might even be the loudest injured survivor? So when i go into an area, bill will almost always be the first survivor i hear.
The other reason is that because UB is a bill perk, i find that many of them run UB, so i tend to not leave them on the ground and just risk eating a DS. In my experience, people usually don't main bill, and they are using him to level him, or for a challenge or something, so they are likely going to have UB but not DS.
Thats literally what happened to me, when I explained my experieneces. I wasnt just unlucky I was literally tunneled multiple times by both trickster and pyramid head players. Like I'd run across the entire map for a full minute in a half running for my LIFE and the killer just chasing me down. One trickster literally left an injured dwight on the ground, BY A HOOK, and chased me around the meat factory for a minute in a half before he finally caught me. Like it wasn't just me being spotted, the pyramid heads I went agaisnt would be across the map and literally not chase any other survivor until it was ME they saw. Like I can definitely tell when Ive been caught vs being tunneled. Not to mention the numerous times they just SIT at the hook and stab me while im hanging there. Like i get camping can be a stradegy but being tunnelled for so many games in a row, I just had to switch to killer so I could literally get some play time.
Playing survivor in general will get you tunneled.
I see a lot of killers go for Bill players out of fear of Borrowed Time and Unbreakable. They don't like dealing with those perks after all.