Looking for thoughts on a Legion buff idea
I was just wondering what other people would think if Legion were buffed to have better chase potential. If you hit an injured survivor while in Feral Frenzy you down them and activate Killer Instinct. If you hit a survivor with Deep Wound you still drop out of your power and have the cooldown. Basically the same power, just allowing you to down injured survivors with your power. Thoughts?
Comments
This would be extremely overpowered.
The thing legion needs is for the power to not be useless. There are 2 problems with it.
By nature, they are still an M1 killer, just basically that the survivors are perma-injured effectively.
The other problem is, once a survivor hears your terror radius if they just hold w, you don't run fast enough to catch up to them. Survivors splitting up is too strong. I would do a few things:
Legion needs a rework IMO.
So... The most overpowered chase mechanic in dbd? Better than even nurse?
On a 115? Killer.
There are many things this is, and not is chief is one.
Nurse can go through walls and you still wouldn't be able to down a survivor with Deep Wound while in FF. Plus, what makes it more overpowered that say Deathslinger who can down you when you are injured or Deep Wounded.
I'm trying to think of an idea that isn't a complete overhaul of their power. I know a lot of people think it's useless, but it has potential. It's the best power to get perfect information on survivors locations and a great mobility option. Plus, it's the only power that allows you to vault pallets.
It's overpowered, but not at nurse level.
For example, with this I could down everyone in let's say 3 minutes. Finding people, first frenzy, they mend, second frenzy.
With nurse I could down everyone in less than 1 minute, and I've done it before.
So yeah, definitely not nurse level strong.
I would say that most of the issues were with Deep Wound. It was once exclusively used by Legion, but not anymore and it's been reworked to a stable state.
I'm thinking of it like this. You chase healthy "survivor A" in FF, you hit them and then a) cancel out of your power and try to down them while they have Deep Wound or b) Go after another survivor they see with killer instinct. Then, later the find that "survivor A" has mended, but hadn't healed themselves to full health and are then quickly downed. Maybe there are some other changes that need to be made in the numbers department and add-ons to take into consideration, but I don't see that as anymore overpowered than most other killers.
1 second less of fatigue time and Deafened on the Deep Wounds effect. Raises Legions skill ceiling and potential for mind games.
Legion is fine, he's pretty annoying as is, and any buff will make him so much more annoying to play against
Nurse literally goes though walls, if you heal you can't be downed, if you dodge the attack Legion goes into the cooldown, if you outlast the FF Legion goes into a cooldown, if you stun the Legion they get knocked out of FF, there is your counter play. That's just stuff I thought of off the top of my head, there might be more.
I don't really understand the concept you're trying to imply, but it sounds like it might be a bit overpowered depending on what you mean.
I recently made a post about some ideas in the feedback/suggestions section of the forum:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/250135/legion-buff-changes-suggestion#latest
Basically, if the survivor is injured you can down them with Feral Frenzy. However, if they have the Deep Wound status effect, you can't down them with Feral Frenzy.
with your idea it would take the only defenses survivors have against killers and make them more useless than they already are against a legion.
there is nothing skillful about this idea. literally would require no brainpower to down survivors in this case.
frenzy strike is not difficult to land at all, that's why OG legion was a problem.
Less than a min?
Wow we talking rank 20 right survivors.
lol.
Legion doesn't need a rework; just some tweaks to make him nice to play without add ons like Wraith.
We really are. I'm referring to like a year ago. I got matched up with all rank 20s for like a week. But my point still stands 😂
as they are now they need a complete rework. they’ll either be insanely underpowered or insanely overpowered with no in between, imo
Lol.
Iam loving this rank system.
Theirs not enough players playing game for the match making to fair.
True.
----
This is 1000x worse than Doctor. The survivors would need some way to counter Killer Instinct
Not every killer needs to be a 1v1 killer.
Legion's power is information and stalling. They are fine.
QoL changes and some small buffs are all they need.
Making a power that's easy to hit, provides uncounterable information, stalls the game and on top of that could down survivors is so obviously overpowered as heck that it's getting to absurd levels.
No killer has a power that does all these things
I think that legion could get some lethality, but not based on Deep Wound and still he shouldn't punish injured survivor as easily as you suggested. If you want you can check out my recent post about the legion i gave him some lethality, maybe you will like it :).
You say that, I've ended a game in a minute as pyramid head so personal experience isn't the best metric
But I feel like I should clarify when I meant strongest. I didn't mean overall strongest but strongest strength in terms of skill put in. Feral Frenzy takes almost no skill to use, you could put on double recharge add-ons, and then it'll be similar to Oni in trying to not give him the first hit except he can just Frenzy you and find your teammates and injure everyone and then if you don't heal you're completely dead. Either stay in deep wounds all game- you die- or need to heal constantly.
Against a killer who can injure people really quickly.
While ruin is a perk that exists in dbd.
If that's what you meant, then I agree.