just a little something about survivors complaining about tunnelers

Sometimes it is your entire fault that you are being "tunneled", if the killer hooks you and you get saved and you work on a gen instead of being healed or run away or hide, you already put yourself at risk, the killer isn't tunneling you, you did a mistake by working on a gen while injured, if you stay on hook to be healed, you made a mistake by staying on the hook where it's the last information the killer had of your location, if the killer constantly look around and stay near you, it's camping and you will most definitely get tunneled, but if the killer leaves and eventually comes back since he didn't find anyone during the time he was gone and find you working on a gen near your hook, it's your fault, do the right thing and get away and use the right perks if the killer is truly tunneling you.


DS still do what it should, so use it, and have teammates that will protect you for real if you are being tunneled, even if it means nobody will work on a gen, 1 unhook you with BT or the killer picks you up you ds stun and all 2-3 survivors body block them for you to run away as much as possible, things can be done against tunneling, don't complain it always happen, do something to not make it happen, even if with everything you still get tunneled, at least you got a long chase most likely and gave enough time for your team to finish the gens, if you will get tunneled, waste the killer time as much as you can and don't give up because it happens, waste their time.


And if the killer hits you right after a unhook without BT, don't blame the killer, blame the farmer.

Comments

  • I had a match today where what I can only presume was a 2 man SWF (they were trying to protect each other from EVERYTHING, they were both Claudette, and both wearing the same outfit), unhooked within 3 seconds of me leaving the hook.

    They were both injured at that point, so I hit the one that ran TOWARDS me (to be fair; I did come from a different direction than I left, so it may not have been deliberate). Turned out to be the unhooked 'Deet.

    Of course; they called me a 'tunneler' in the end game chat. Because Survivors who whine about valid tactics are entitled children.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    I had a match today where what I can only presume was a 2 man SWF (they were trying to protect each other from EVERYTHING, they were both Claudette, and both wearing the same outfit), unhooked within 3 seconds of me leaving the hook.

    They were both injured at that point, so I hit the one that ran TOWARDS me (to be fair; I did come from a different direction than I left, so it may not have been deliberate). Turned out to be the unhooked 'Deet.

    Of course; they called me a 'tunneler' in the end game chat. Because Survivors who whine about valid tactics are entitled children.

    oh you just unhooked when I am right there, you expect me to leave you both? I really don't understand why you do this and think this

  • I think u misunderstood what tunelling is, it's downing survivors right off of hook not if they doing gen or whatever that's not tunelling it's just bad luck u got found again tunelling is straight of hook when surv has no other choice sure some call it tunelling too but I don't see it tbh

  • Eh, I don't tunnel even when the survivors make a mistake as I just find it really... not.. fun.

    Chasing the same survivor 2-3 times in a row and hooking them and ignoring the rest of the match is boring. At most I'll slug them or smack them to trigger BT then chase the rescuer.

  • @justbecause said:

    I think u misunderstood what tunelling is, it's downing survivors right off of hook not if they doing gen or whatever that's not tunelling it's just bad luck u got found again tunelling is straight of hook when surv has no other choice sure some call it tunelling too but I don't see it tbh

    I have 3K hours in this game, I know what I am talking about, what you said is about a farmer, the true tunneling is attacking the unhooked as soon as the animation is done and still go for them if they have BT and still go for them after DS, this is the ultimate tunneling, if you get downed instantly after the unhook you got farmed.

  • @whycantIwin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195425#Comment_2195425

    I have 3K hours in this game, I know what I am talking about, what you said is about a farmer, the true tunneling is attacking the unhooked as soon as the animation is done and still go for them if they have BT and still go for them after DS, this is the ultimate tunneling, if you get downed instantly after the unhook you got farmed.

    But u said if they do gen if u have real tunell vision at them they won't be able to do one so I jumped to conclusion when u said to do gen that u actually left them for short time my bad

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195457#Comment_2195457

    But u said if they do gen if u have real tunell vision at them they won't be able to do one so I jumped to conclusion when u said to do gen that u actually left them for short time my bad

    I said that if you get unhooked and go work directly on a gen and the killer comes back it put you at high risk since you worked which means if you had DS you no longer have it and you are 1 hit compared to the others who are 2, it's your fault for working and not healing, the killer going for you because you comfirmed to the killer you don't have ds and you didn't heal.

  • @mrcdean97 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195457#Comment_2195457

    "I have 3k hours in the game" lol congrats? Plenty of us have more hours and can say that what you are describing is not "tunneling" but as said before just a case of the bad luck. BT and DS are not even strong perks to go up against since they have been nerfed to hell and really a tunneling killer will get you anyway. The one that sounds entitled here is you since some survs really handed it to you in the post game chat which is really a you problem and not the forums. Happy tunneling :)

    you wish I was entilted, sorry for trying to make survivors understand they most likely are the reason the killer go straight for them right away, go play "superior #########" elsewhere

  • @mrcdean97 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195495#Comment_2195495

    You sound incredibly entitled and like a brat. I play both sides and I can say that this whole community is full of the whiniest people possible. Have you considered maybe just shutting up and moving on? Yeah it can be the survivors fault but what you are doing here is simply trying to bash a whole side to this game because you're mad someone called you out on tunneling. Maybe you tunneled and maybe you didnt but either way there is really no need to get on the forum and just complain just cause. Try logging off the game for a while if it makes you that mad

    I am not mad when called out for tunneling because I know I didn't, I try to educate here, and I also do in end game chat when they call me that, but looks like you are too stuck into believing what you wish that you can't understand the simplicity of my post, maybe you should move on and work on your manners.

  • @mrcdean97 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195549#Comment_2195549

    You say "educate" but just because you made a long post about it doesn't mean you are 100% correct. And if you want better manners then maybe don't go on the forums and complain about something trivial. So who really needs to move on here?

    I never said I was 100% correct, did I? you assumed I did because this is what you want to believe, typical

  • @whycantIwin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195459#Comment_2195459

    I said that if you get unhooked and go work directly on a gen and the killer comes back it put you at high risk since you worked which means if you had DS you no longer have it and you are 1 hit compared to the others who are 2, it's your fault for working and not healing, the killer going for you because you comfirmed to the killer you don't have ds and you didn't heal.

    Right but why would anyone go on gen with killer on their throat meaning they didn't know killer will come back for them plus maybe they have no way to heal except teammates who are reliable like last years snow

  • @mrcdean97 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195568#Comment_2195568

    Considering the written monologue you posted I think you feel pretty confident in your stance. It's typical of someone who mains killer or survivor to just disregard the other sides objectives for their own gain. Survivors are gonna keep doing gens because it is the objective for them. Killers are gonna hook for the same reason. The issue with tunneling in the end is just pure sportsmanship. It's a friggin game and shouldn't be taken SO seriously. Both sides need to just be made OP so it all evens out and whatever happens happens.

    yes I feel confident about my arguments but I know it contain flaws, and yes the gens are the objective but if you go work right on it as soon as you got unhooked and the killer comes back 15 seconds later it's not tunneling, you stayed there working on this gen instead of getting away and heal, that's my argument, and it's very true sportsmanship really affect the way the game will go, I myself sometime let them go on purpose since I know they couldn't do anything all game, but I get them next time I see them, some people don't care about the sportsmanship in this game, but I just wanted to make some survivors who will really often call killers tunnelers that they really didn't do that at all.


    And about the balance, since the DS nerf, not gonna lie, joke aside and forget the tunneling, the game is extremely more balanced, if killers play fair and survivors play how they should, not having 1 minute of immunity to work and get back up with unbreakable made the game extremely more healty imo, I don't tunnel as much as I once did, but if I see the unhooked survivor still injured working on a gen, I go for you, makes sense and it's the right thing to do.

  • @mrcdean97 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195612#Comment_2195612

    Then that isn't tunneling it's just a bad play on the survivors part.

    That's the whole point of my post man......but looking back at It I didn't made it too properly, i'll fix that

  • @mrcdean97 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195652#Comment_2195652

    I think maybe it comes across a bit angry and not as informative as you would like. Really it's more about you trying to say that it's not really tunneling which in this case I agree with you but the extra bits can be a bit deterring from your point. But if that is the whole idea then yes you should get unhooked and run tf away and either get healed or work on a gen far away if you can't do that. Or carry inner strength and cleanse a totem to help yourself and prevent NOED

    exactly, but for most survivors it's too ahrd I guess and they go straight on a gen and the killer arrive 10 seconds later and omg he's tunneling!

    btw I edited my post.

  • @whycantIwin said:

    Sometimes it is your entire fault that you are being "tunneled", if the killer hooks you and you get saved and you work on a gen instead of being healed or run away or hide, you already put yourself at risk, the killer isn't tunneling you, you did a mistake by working on a gen while injured, if you stay on hook to be healed, you made a mistake by staying on the hook where it's the last information the killer had of your location, if the killer constantly look around and stay near you, it's camping and you will most definitely get tunneled, but if the killer leaves and eventually comes back since he didn't find anyone during the time he was gone and find you working on a gen near your hook, it's your fault, do the right thing and get away and use the right perks if the killer is truly tunneling you.

    DS still do what it should, so use it, and have teammates that will protect you for real if you are being tunneled, even if it means nobody will work on a gen, 1 unhook you with BT or the killer picks you up you ds stun and all 2-3 survivors body block them for you to run away as much as possible, things can be done against tunneling, don't complain it always happen, do something to not make it happen, even if with everything you still get tunneled, at least you got a long chase most likely and gave enough time for your team to finish the gens, if you will get tunneled, waste the killer time as much as you can and don't give up because it happens, waste their time.

    And if the killer hits you right after a unhook without BT, don't blame the killer, blame the farmer.

    You got it wrong, Reason why survivor get tunneled is because of their teammate. If they don't heal, bring BT, or take protection hit, there little unhooked survivor can do. Assuming the killer can quickly get to the hook you can't run to far away and your blood+noise will make you unable to hide. if you run away the scratch mark are a thing.

    Sure it not the killer fault, but it not the fault of that one survivor who got saved then his team dipped away

  • Depends true tunneling is a horrible thing. I seen it happen even if the killer is not doing as bad. And or if the killer is wants to take out the weak link of the team as quickly as possible.

  • @mrcdean97 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195674#Comment_2195674

    Yeah it can often times just get called something out of rage and tbh this game has one of the whiniest communities (on both ends) I've ever seen really. I guess it's just the natural division between killer and survivor mains since the play is different despite it being the same game. Other games have their toxicity but not so much whiney

    that is very true, dbd is the most entilted community I know as well

  • @Magikazam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/250437/just-a-little-something-about-survivors-complaining-about-tunnelers

    You got it wrong, Reason why survivor get tunneled is because of their teammate. If they don't heal, bring BT, or take protection hit, there little unhooked survivor can do. Assuming the killer can quickly get to the hook you can't run to far away and your blood+noise will make you unable to hide. if you run away the scratch mark are a thing.

    Sure it not the killer fault, but it not the fault of that one survivor who got saved then his team dipped away

    I know, there's a lot of factors, but it's most of the time the survivor fault if this happens because of what they do as soon as they get unhooked

  • @mrcdean97 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195722#Comment_2195722

    Another good word for it. I've never seen a game where people basically want it rigged

    that is true haha, well glad we could end in good terms, have a good time in the fog.

  • People are always going to complain about tunneling whether you actually did or not

    Sometimes they're genuinely confused on what the term actually means

    Sometimes they're just upset and their frustrations boils over from a multitude of games.

  • @Nebula said:

    People are always going to complain about tunneling whether you actually did or not

    Sometimes they're genuinely confused on what the term actually means

    Sometimes they're just upset and their frustrations boils over from a multitude of games.

    that is a fact