How is this supposed to be fun for survivors with these auto-win killers?
I'm having a lot of fun playing, especially as survivor... except against most of the supernatural killers: specifically the Wraith, the Nurse, and the Spirit. These killers just seem completely out of hand.. With ludicrous speeds, especially with the Wraith: who can apparently be everywhere at an instant, how are you supposed to make the game competitive? I'm to the point where the moment I realize it's them, I just give up and wait to lose as there's no chance of play.
Is there something I'm missing here?
At least if I play against someone like the Huntress, I know it's going to be a fun game. If you die to her, it's because the player tried and played it well. You feel like there's a chance, thus: fun. The others I mentioned at the top? Nope. Guaranteed 12 hooks in a row, in three minutes or less.
Comments
Have you tried playing as those killers, by any chance?
Are you seriously saying Spirit and Nurse don't take skill? Because I outright just don't play Nurse anymore because she's extremely difficult and every single match as her I just get t-bagged after missing a blink and being told to kill myself in the chat for being bad
I have tried the Wraith, and find out it simple to get those whacks. I'm not suggesting the others don't take any skill, it's just that their power set seems to do a LOT of the work. At least with huntress or clown or trapper, you have to put in some work to get across the map and find someone.
Decent bait for a burn account, not bad
Gonna assume you're new to this game. Every new player thinks Wraith is too strong, it's simply because you don't have enough experience to keep up with a killer that can move that fast while invisible with no TR. It'll take practice and time but you'll eventually find him manageable.
Others will have more useful advice than myself because I have trouble with two of those killers as well (Spirit, who many people have trouble with, and Wraith, who can be used a bit cheaply depending on the player. Nurse doesn't stress me out too much but I'm in the minority on that).
I'll just say that if you haven't played a great many games yet, just keep playing. Keep practicing. This is a game full of nuance that requires lots and lots of experience against all kinds of players in all kinds of situations to become reliably good at. Don't be discouraged, there are many players who have trouble with certain killers.
Dbd is a game, where new players have no idea what they are talking about. If you would play 1000 hours, you would change your opinion 50 times, bc experience means a lot.
Hmm, so there does seem to be some consensus that it's a time issue. Interesting.
And, no shinobuSK - this is not bait. I've played maybe 200 games or so and just find specific killers to be insurmountable. Yes, I am quite new. I guess I'll keep trying, just seems like right now, until I've got every perk available and every orange gear available, there's just no chance against those killers.
There's really only 2 killers I'd consider basically "auto win". The rest are pretty fair and then theres a few that are "auto lose".
Bold of you to assume that the player population isn't as stubborn as a thousand Goats, lol
Anyway as for the Wrath, Nurse, and Spirit that's not surprising those killers are very strong against new and average players because of the way their powers work. Wraith is invisible, Spirit's got her motionless husk and Evil dead run, and Nurse has entirely different movement to everyone else
The way to counter Wraith is to be aware of what's happening in the game such as when was the last time you heard a bell, is he chasing someone, and situate yourself where you have as little blind spot as possible, to counter Spirit and Nurse you have to learn mindgames (Which is natural part of game) you gotta figure out what the spirit is thinking and learn to counter them. As for the Nurse you've gotta juke her teleports so that means changing directions, making her think you are going one way while in reality you aren't and losing line of sight is essential
From my observations Spirit and Nurse are the most hated killers to go against. People call for them to be nerfed pretty regularly.
Wraith is kind of controversial. He got a buff just a few weeks ago that made him better. A lot of older players feel that this brought him from a relatively crappy killer to a "decent" one, whereas a newer player like myself feel that he's just become more cheap and prefer him the way that he was before. So in general, yeah, it seems to be a matter of overall experience with the game. I'd say that practice and skills you learn by playing overall will help to eventually make the harder killers less difficult over time.
Except the Spirit, I guess. :P
I didn't saw wraith as weak before his latest buff. He used to be weak in his early days. But before this buff he always was a decent killer. This buff made him more annoying more than anything, and yes cheaper hits. But I don't think nurse is as hated as spirt, nurse has more counter play than spirit. They overdid it with wraith in my opinion. But other weak killers that people think, such as pig, and clown. All these killers are not as weak as people claim. The only weak killers are trickster, and legion, and trapper to an extent.
Not everything is bait, it's very rude to assume so just because you disagree with them as well.
Instead of calling it bait, why not give them feedback on going against them? That seems more productive and helpful, since we can obviously tell this player doesn't know how to play against them.
Well, he definitely was weak before his buff.
Pig and Clown are pretty bad too, but Pig is the worse of the two.
play killer
Against Wraith, be aware of your surroundings because
Also you can burn him and stun him with a flashlight.
Spirit, be aware of when you're running because she sees your marks and hear you during phasing.
Also, bring a flashlight so you can blind her in case she tries the "stand still" mindgame.
For Nurse. Use Line of Sight blockers to mind game her. Large structures and places with lots of high walls help you just and dodge her. Conventional looping doesn't really work at all.
Yes, against a God Nurse, you are probably going to get destroyed but most other Nurses, you can dodge and loop them like this.
Also she can be burned with a flashlight while charging her blank.
Also there "If you die to her, it's because the player tried and played it well." I don't like. If you die to any killer, it's because they played well relative to you(or because your fellow survivors are complete potatoes). Any killer. Have you tried playing these killers? If they're really just killing you because they're OP and the player isn't playing well, I wanna see you just stomp on survivors because of how OP these killers are.