killers are too op

i downloaded dbd exactly 6 days ago and have been playing it a lot. i first started as a survivor and didn’t do so well. i’m rank 12 now and one thing i’ve noticed is that the win rate as a survivor is like 10-15%. i definitely don’t think i’m bad at the game, i almost always get max escape/bold points, do 1-3 gens, unhook 2 + survivors, but somehow rarely escape. today i tried killer for the first time to try and prove my theory i played as the huntress.  and won 4 games in a row, clearly i’m on to something.

or am i just REALLY good at killer and bad at survivor?


there are a couple killers who i find over powered from the ones i’ve versed so far: 

1. nurse: the girl comes flying at u from half way across the map

2. spirit: too confusing i have no idea how the hell  

3. vomit girl: when there’s 3 more gens she just throws up on them and camps them 

  1. the cannibale: i feel like pallets are useless against him and he’s too op at chases
  2. the doctor:  versing him to me feels like an entirety different game


some killers that are easier for me are:

  1. invisible guy 
  2. the shape
  3. the trapper


please dbd pros give me tips i prefer playing survivor so much more

i’m a claudette and have spine chill, light weight, resilience, and self care

shes level 49, and i’m levelling up bill overbeck to get his teachable perks cause i like some of his perks. what else should i do? i also don’t want to spend money on this game


EDIT: THANK U! i’m reading through the replies and i have definitely decided to play longer before finalizing my opinion. also i’m gonna keep experimenting with new play styles and perks. feel free to keep leaving comments and tips they’re actually very helpful

Comments

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189186#Comment_2189186

    I... am not sure if I have the proper words to describe that thing.

    Do you like that Youtuber, Cows? He made a very good video about Legion and the Blade add-ons, if you would like to see it:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT9X-oTj7es

    LOL I'm not familiar but I can tell from your tone that it will be worth a watch.

    Who would you guys say was the most warmly received killer?

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189178#Comment_2189178

    Perhaps I've become a bit disillusioned with the game now, but as bad as a few things were back then, I'd honestly love to play it just a few more times. Old Billy, old Leatherface. Old Freddy of course.

    Hell, even old Lery's. Before all the map visual reworks. I miss old, super blue Macmillan.

    I can literally say the same, my friend, I can literally say the same.

    And Old Freddy on Old Lery's is so.. perfect for me. My favourite killer and my favourite map ;)

    Old Billy, Old Bubba, Blue MacMillian, Old Game which didn't have countless safe pallets.

    Oh, how I want to see all of it in-game again.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189166#Comment_2189166

    So the main problem was that he was way too OP? Broken levels of OP?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189175#Comment_2189175

    Yeah it's weird how variety can spoil you in a game like this. There are something like 32 maps yet I get frustrated when I never see the indoor ones because they're such a different challenge (and I happen to like them all). And for the killers, for example, I think the Doctor is one of the coolest but after three straight games with him yesterday (one of which was incredibly tense - pressure personified) I just turned off the game for half the day. Similarly I love The Plague and only saw her probably four, five times in the first month of play. I've now seen her probably fifteen times in the last few days alone.

    But Trickster, ugh. I didn't like anything about the guy in the first place - his design, theme and aesthetic made me shrug at best and annoyed me at worst - and my sweet lord, I was getting that bastard like seven out of every ten games for a while there. Just constantly hearing his chase music, constantly hearing his incessant giggling, constantly having to run from his stupid knives. Bleh. I couldn't stand it man. It was like initiation torture. But in five years I'll proudly be able to say "I came in with the Trickster. I can take anything".

    To answer your question about Legion a little bit, he was... Weird. He was a bad killer, but no matter what you did you would go down.

    His Feral Frenzy stabs used to take a chunk out of the Deep Wounds meter. Base legion would need five stabs, but with the incredibly maligned add-on Frank's Mix Tape that was brought down to three stabs.

    He didn't have to wait for his meter to refill to use his power, he has NO cooldown or fatigue on missed hits, and best of all Deep Wounds used to be tied to chase. If you weren't in chase it would go down. Legions quickly realized of they looked at the ground or walked backwards, they could effectively chase while the deep wounds meter went down. The regular experience of legion would be "Get stabbed twice, run for a bit with him chasing you, he'd go into Feral Frenzy after the meter refilled like 25%, and if he has Frank's he'd down you. Immediately. If he didn't have Frank's, he'd probably walk backwards or just stab you a few more times. It may take a while, but you WILL go down. Pallets don't matter, and windows don't matter because Legion basically vaults at the same speed."

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189128#Comment_2189128

    I began playing IMMEDIATELY before The Trickster came out and had to put up with him twenty times a day. This is a debt that can never be repaid.

    Believe me, Trickster is nothing compared to the crap we put up with back in the day, both Killers and Survivors. Most of the true OG Killer mains are gone to other games, and be glad they are because some are absolute terrors. I remember the days when true infinites existed, there was no bloodlust, hook sabotaging was permanent and there were a total of like 6 good Killer perks. You came during the best time in DbD's history.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189191#Comment_2189191

    LOL I'm not familiar but I can tell from your tone that it will be worth a watch.

    Who would you guys say was the most warmly received killer?

    Most warmly received killer? Now that is a tricky question. Honestly, I have no idea.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    If you read here, you will believe killers are weak and survivors are OP. However, your opinion is fully accurate that killers are extremely overpowered. Even with thousands of hours, you can play 10 matches as survivor and every match is completely hopeless. Play killer and win every single match. Something needs to be done. The devs need to stop camping and tunneling with NOED and balance their game so it is fair. Look at their stats and stop ignoring them.

    Do yourself a favor and ignore Sluzzy.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189157#Comment_2189157

    I hear that Legion was hated to oblivion when he came out, what was the story there?

    there's no story, old legion was a great addition to the game, but many players complained as usual, they complain about everything. old legion was more complained about because they were teenagers with masks and rubber knife, now look at trickster, and he's nowhere near as complained, because they had a grudge for old legion out of spite.

    No, he really wasn't

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189187#Comment_2189187

    I can literally say the same, my friend, I can literally say the same.

    And Old Freddy on Old Lery's is so.. perfect for me. My favourite killer and my favourite map ;)

    Old Billy, Old Bubba, Blue MacMillian, Old Game which didn't have countless safe pallets.

    Oh, how I want to see all of it in-game again.

    I'm really just missing the Old Look of DbD now. Hell, soon if will all he phased out. I think we've only got Haddonfield left, huh?

    Yay. What a... Great sendoff.

  • That Legion video. Holy #########. It actually SERIOUSLY added a MINUTE of mending per stabbing, up to five??!? That, combined with what Nomi said, really does make him sound like an absolute disaster. I do like the character myself but I now understand why there's still so much lingering spite for him.


    @FrndlyChnswSalzmn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189131#Comment_2189131

    Believe me, Trickster is nothing compared to the crap we put up with back in the day, both Killers and Survivors. Most of the true OG Killer mains are gone to other games, and be glad they are because some are absolute terrors. I remember the days when true infinites existed, there was no bloodlust, hook sabotaging was permanent and there were a total of like 6 good Killer perks. You came during the best time in DbD's history.

    From what I've seen and read, I do tend to believe this.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189194#Comment_2189194

    you have to believe me before they see my message and persuade you too, do not listen to them. they might cancel me and call me a liar, but i kid you not, 99% of forum members hate on old legion out of spite and because it's the hate train. trust me, old legion was an excellent addition to the game. watch their spotlight, you'll see how fun they were, with ample tactical counterplay on the survivor side.

    Yes, the ample tactical counterplay of... Holding M1 and W. Throwing pallets that didn't matter and vaulting windows that didn't matter. And going down without having anything you could do.

    I mean, hey, if you enjoyed Old Legion more power to you. I personally think he almost killed the game.

  • Yes Spirit is unfairly op. Other killers are fine.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    If you read here, you will believe killers are weak and survivors are OP. However, your opinion is fully accurate that killers are extremely overpowered. Even with thousands of hours, you can play 10 matches as survivor and every match is completely hopeless. Play killer and win every single match. Something needs to be done. The devs need to stop camping and tunneling with NOED and balance their game so it is fair. Look at their stats and stop ignoring them.

    @sonyasiren your new to these forums. i look like im new but im not. anyways just as a heads-up sluzzy is a know troll.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189200#Comment_2189200

    Yes, the ample tactical counterplay of... Holding M1 and W. Throwing pallets that didn't matter and vaulting windows that didn't matter. And going down without having anything you could do.

    I mean, hey, if you enjoyed Old Legion more power to you. I personally think he almost killed the game.

    what was old legion i wasn't here for that

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189197#Comment_2189197

    Most warmly received killer? Now that is a tricky question. Honestly, I have no idea.

    Maybe Oni or Blight? I wasn't here for Myers introduction, but I imagine he was beloved on release.

  • This poor girl is gonna come back and see hundreds of replies to her thread and be so overwhelmed she won't know WHAT to do. :P

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189166#Comment_2189166

    So the main problem was that he was way too OP? Broken levels of OP?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189175#Comment_2189175

    Yeah it's weird how variety can spoil you in a game like this. There are something like 32 maps yet I get frustrated when I never see the indoor ones because they're such a different challenge (and I happen to like them all). And for the killers, for example, I think the Doctor is one of the coolest but after three straight games with him yesterday (one of which was incredibly tense - pressure personified) I just turned off the game for half the day. Similarly I love The Plague and only saw her probably four, five times in the first month of play. I've now seen her probably fifteen times in the last few days alone.

    But Trickster, ugh. I didn't like anything about the guy in the first place - his design, theme and aesthetic made me shrug at best and annoyed me at worst - and my sweet lord, I was getting that bastard like seven out of every ten games for a while there. Just constantly hearing his chase music, constantly hearing his incessant giggling, constantly having to run from his stupid knives. Bleh. I couldn't stand it man. It was like initiation torture. But in five years I'll proudly be able to say "I came in with the Trickster. I can take anything".

    There ya go. Explained some of it on the last page.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    This poor girl is gonna come back and see hundreds of replies to her thread and be so overwhelmed she won't know WHAT to do. :P

    It is funny how the topic derailed from advice to talking about Old DbD.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189211#Comment_2189211

    no he really wasn't a bad addition? yes, i wholeheartedly agree!

    He was a bottom tier Killer that was simultaneously offering less counterplay than a Prayer Bead Spirit.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189229#Comment_2189229

    It is funny how the topic derailed from advice to talking about Old DbD.

    Might as well give her a glimpse at what once was.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189229#Comment_2189229

    It is funny how the topic derailed from advice to talking about Old DbD.

    I'd have to go back and look but I think I may have been the one to start it. If so, my apologies. It's been a lot of fun learning though.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189104#Comment_2189104

    I do wonder what is considered "veteran" or "proficient" amount of hours in DBD

    1000 hours minimum

  • @A_Skinny_Legend said:

    You literally have my whole squad in your list.

    Like no offense, but the reason you gave for plague came off as forced and like you just wanted to shove her in there.

    I can see why spirit would be an issue for you and nurse can only do that with Kavanagh's last breath and heavy panting. A combination I tried today after months of not using it and I absolutely loved it.

    I replaced fragile wheeze with heavy panting because I only have 6 left of the fragile stuff.

    Here's hoping that you'll improve vs these killers, especially against plague.

    yea plague to me isnt an issue in terms of escaping, but on 2 occasions plague was camping the last gens making it impossible to win.

  • @sonyasiren said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189171#Comment_2189171

    yea plague to me isnt an issue in terms of escaping, but on 2 occasions plague was camping the last gens making it impossible to win.

    Then you 3-genned yourselves. Don't do that; if you do all the gens in one section of the map and none on one whole side, you deserve to be 3-genned. You have to play aggressively and go for the risky gens.

  • they weren't too close by each other tbh. it could have just been my personal bad experiences with her. ive versed her 2 times like i said, i need to play more before finalizing my opinions.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189244#Comment_2189244

    old beads had counterplay, you just had to feel when she phased.

    Ah yes, I should've used my supernatural powers.

  • Old Legion was a chasing Killer 100% of the time. Frenzy had no real cooldown and you had to multi-stab people to down them with Feral Frenzy, but missing didn't have a penalty. What Survivors hated was that they couldn't loop Legion endlessly and had to use different tactics, so they cried long enough and got some streamers to join in and Legion is now a joke. That's how DbD goes:

    -A Killer is decent at high ranks

    -Survivors cry because they can't just hold shift+w and press space while chaining tiles together to win

    -After a while devs listen to the crying and the Killer gets nerfed to the ground and all the fun sucked out of them.


    This is why there are only a small handful of Killers you'll see played by serious players who want to win. Spirit is next on the chopping block now that they got all the old Killers, because as always Survivors hate to do anything but run run run and run some more. Stealth is a dirty word in this game.

  • killers are weaker then survivors most of the time and survivors are very rarely weaker then killers

  • Reach rank 1 as killer and then see who is really "op".....

  • this game is child's play for decent survivor. can literally afk like 5 minutes and still win

  • Yeahhh wait til you get to higher ranks and have been playing for more than 6 days to make a judgement on balance.

  • While yes even in high ranks it's most likely a high rank Nurse or Spirit will crush you. Once you learn how to loop on maps like Badham Preschool, Disturbed Ward, or Groaning Storehouse it gets a lot easier against the other killers.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189201#Comment_2189201

    I'm really just missing the Old Look of DbD now. Hell, soon if will all he phased out. I think we've only got Haddonfield left, huh?

    Yay. What a... Great sendoff.

    Well, Mother's Dwelling hasn't changed much, if I am not mistaken. But we all know it will, eventually, which is disheartening.

    I am not ready for that...

  • @sonyasiren said:

    i downloaded dbd exactly 6 days ago and have been playing it a lot. i first started as a survivor and didn’t do so well. i’m rank 12 now and one thing i’ve noticed is that the win rate as a survivor is like 10-15%. i definitely don’t think i’m bad at the game, i almost always get max escape/bold points, do 1-3 gens, unhook 2 + survivors, but somehow rarely escape. today i tried killer for the first time to try and prove my theory i played as the huntress.  and won 4 games in a row, clearly i’m on to something.

    or am i just REALLY good at killer and bad at survivor?

    there are a couple killers who i find over powered from the ones i’ve versed so far: 

    1. nurse: the girl comes flying at u from half way across the map

    2. spirit: too confusing i have no idea how the hell  

    3. vomit girl: when there’s 3 more gens she just throws up on them and camps them 

    1. the cannibale: i feel like pallets are useless against him and he’s too op at chases
    2. the doctor:  versing him to me feels like an entirety different game

    some killers that are easier for me are:

    1. invisible guy 
    2. the shape
    3. the trapper

    please dbd pros give me tips i prefer playing survivor so much more

    i’m a claudette and have spine chill, light weight, resilience, and self care

    shes level 49, and i’m levelling up bill overbeck to get his teachable perks cause i like some of his perks. what else should i do? i also don’t want to spend money on this game

    EDIT: THANK U! i’m reading through the replies and i have definitely decided to play longer before finalizing my opinion. also i’m gonna keep experimenting with new play styles and perks. feel free to keep leaving comments and tips they’re actually very helpful

    I don't know what other people said to you OP, but here are my six bits of advice as survivor. Even red ranked/experienced survivors struggle with this, and honestly, it shows. These aren't instant skills, but you should be asking yourself if you have them;

    1. Always be doing something. This doesn't have to be gens, but it usually should be. You should be doing totems, opening chests, being chased, unhooking, healing, or doing gens. NEVER just sit around crouching or urban evasioning unless the killer is visibly coming your way and hasn't seen you. Not across the map. Not 'hear the terror radius'. You can tell they are coming. I will legit do a gen when a killer is being looped 16m away, and if that killer doesn't get off the person they are chasing, a gen will be done in their face. If they do come towards me:
    2. Always have a plan. This one takes the longest to learn, because you need to learn all the map tiles, but you should always know where you are going to be going if the killer comes from X direction. You need to know which direction is safety. Which leads me to point three;
    3. Know which generators are priorities. You want to avoid three gens and give the killer the longest and safest (for survivors) patrol. This is easiest when you are working early game. The gen in the center is often the best gen to get done, unless the center building is very inconvenient and safe, such as Asylum. It almost always prevents three genning. You also want to get gens that are out in the open done as soon as possible, as well as gens where all the pallets nearby have been used. These areas are called Deadzones, and since you need to know where you are going to get safety, generators in deadzones cannot ever really be safe except through stealth. Finally, you want to get single person gens done as soon as possible, as they take the longest and have the least flexibility, while also being very viable to do during the early game. Pay attention, and learn by the killer which strategy is most important. Facing Doctor or Plague? Avoiding 3 gens is the most important thing. Facing a Leatherface? Avoid deadzone gens at all costs. Keep gens with vaults for the end. These strategies are heavily reliant on the skill of your team, because;
    4. This is a team game, not a solo game. Even if you are not playing with friends, you are playing as a team. Sometimes, you need to make a sacrifice. I am not saying you should make bad decisions, but sometimes committing to a gen, even if it means going down, is better than saving your own life. A single hook is 12% of the killer's goal. A gen is 20% of yours. Your first hook is definitely worth preventing someone's last hook.
    5. Learn the value of Shift W. Some survivors, and this happens at red ranks too, just run to the next loop. This wastes MASSIVE potential. As a survivor, your exhaustion perks, pallet stuns, or even regular pallet breaks give you a lot of time. A regular pallet break is 2.6 seconds. At 4 m/s, that is 10.4m of distance you get. Since a standard M1 killer catches up at .6m/s, that is 17 seconds before the killer can catch up to you. Do not just run to the next loop. Run as far as you can before the killer starts to catch up. This prevents you from creating deadzones that would be made if you just run to the next loop instead.
    6. Play both sides, including all killers. Today, I had a moment where I would have gone down against a Blight. Except I know he couldn't rush if something was really close to him, and he can only swing while rushing. I literally pinned him in, and he had to go into cooldown instead of getting a hit, letting me extend the chase for a good 10 seconds. I still went down, but you never know how important 10 seconds can be to your team.


  • @BastardKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/249934/killers-are-too-op

    I don't know what other people said to you OP, but here are my six bits of advice as survivor. Even red ranked/experienced survivors struggle with this, and honestly, it shows. These aren't instant skills, but you should be asking yourself if you have them;

    1. Always be doing something. This doesn't have to be gens, but it usually should be. You should be doing totems, opening chests, being chased, unhooking, healing, or doing gens. NEVER just sit around crouching or urban evasioning unless the killer is visibly coming your way and hasn't seen you. Not across the map. Not 'hear the terror radius'. You can tell they are coming. I will legit do a gen when a killer is being looped 16m away, and if that killer doesn't get off the person they are chasing, a gen will be done in their face. If they do come towards me:
    2. Always have a plan. This one takes the longest to learn, because you need to learn all the map tiles, but you should always know where you are going to be going if the killer comes from X direction. You need to know which direction is safety. Which leads me to point three;
    3. Know which generators are priorities. You want to avoid three gens and give the killer the longest and safest (for survivors) patrol. This is easiest when you are working early game. The gen in the center is often the best gen to get done, unless the center building is very inconvenient and safe, such as Asylum. It almost always prevents three genning. You also want to get gens that are out in the open done as soon as possible, as well as gens where all the pallets nearby have been used. These areas are called Deadzones, and since you need to know where you are going to get safety, generators in deadzones cannot ever really be safe except through stealth. Finally, you want to get single person gens done as soon as possible, as they take the longest and have the least flexibility, while also being very viable to do during the early game. Pay attention, and learn by the killer which strategy is most important. Facing Doctor or Plague? Avoiding 3 gens is the most important thing. Facing a Leatherface? Avoid deadzone gens at all costs. Keep gens with vaults for the end. These strategies are heavily reliant on the skill of your team, because;
    4. This is a team game, not a solo game. Even if you are not playing with friends, you are playing as a team. Sometimes, you need to make a sacrifice. I am not saying you should make bad decisions, but sometimes committing to a gen, even if it means going down, is better than saving your own life. A single hook is 12% of the killer's goal. A gen is 20% of yours. Your first hook is definitely worth preventing someone's last hook.
    5. Learn the value of Shift W. Some survivors, and this happens at red ranks too, just run to the next loop. This wastes MASSIVE potential. As a survivor, your exhaustion perks, pallet stuns, or even regular pallet breaks give you a lot of time. A regular pallet break is 2.6 seconds. At 4 m/s, that is 10.4m of distance you get. Since a standard M1 killer catches up at .6m/s, that is 17 seconds before the killer can catch up to you. Do not just run to the next loop. Run as far as you can before the killer starts to catch up. This prevents you from creating deadzones that would be made if you just run to the next loop instead.
    6. Play both sides, including all killers. Today, I had a moment where I would have gone down against a Blight. Except I know he couldn't rush if something was really close to him, and he can only swing while rushing. I literally pinned him in, and he had to go into cooldown instead of getting a hit, letting me extend the chase for a good 10 seconds. I still went down, but you never know how important 10 seconds can be to your team.

    This is great advice. Listen to it, Survivors.

1 2 ›