Feral Frenzy could be one of the better powers

Feral Frenzy is really underrated for its tracking. Legion players got a ton of knowledge on what generators are being worked on and where everyone is even if they cancel their power and commit to a chase.

It's sort of like having BBQ or Infectious Fright information more often.

Now imagine if Feral Frenzy just came with Killer Instinct by default. No chain requirement to activate it. Whenever you use your power you can see an indicator for everyone in your terror radius. It wouldn't make Legion any stronger in chase necessarily, but it would heavily cut down on their downtime because they could find chases incredibly easily.

I think that would be an interesting way to balance a Killer. Standard Vanilla M1 for all downs but tons of information to save time to make up for the longer chases. Also, the ultimate counter to stealth (even at Rank 1 Survivors sometimes use stealth especially at the beginning of the game to stall out Corrupt Intervention).

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • That would be a nice buff, alongside lowering the self-stun.

  • I'd personally rather just lower the fatigue out of FF by 1 second and apply Deafened with the Deep Wounds effect.

    This essentially ups their skill cap and mind game potential.

  • @Blueberry said:

    I'd personally rather just lower the fatigue out of FF by 1 second and apply Deafened with the Deep Wounds effect.

    This essentially ups their skill cap and mind game potential.

    I feel like regardless of what the fatique timer is, the sprint burst that a survivor gets from getting a feral frenzy hit will always result in them getting to a loop at which point the fatique has no meaning.

    I think biggest issue regarding his rework is how it removed all the lethality away from his power and how survivors don't really need to heal against Legion to beat them(with proper looping skill). I think what I would do is make the feral frenzy deplete 1/4th of the bar per stab(Downing someone puts you into fatigue) and make it so that when a survivor mends their deep wound, they suffer from the oblivious status effect for 60 seconds.

    The first change would discourage survivors from ever grouping up because after his stabs the 3rd person in feral frenzy, the 4th stab would be a down so he can actually get some "big" reward for using his power. The second change would discourage survivors from staying injured the entire game because they would very tease while injured. It would be like, "do I risk working on the gen injured?", "Do I look to find healing?", "Do I look for a safer gen where you have vision coverage?", I think it would make Legion way more challenge to escape against.

    I really wonder what would happen if killers got a perk like STBFL that lowered the TR passively by 3 for hooking obsession(max 3 tokens). That perk+M&A would be super strong on Legion.

  • @gatsby said:

    Feral Frenzy is really underrated for its tracking. Legion players got a ton of knowledge on what generators are being worked on and where everyone is even if they cancel their power and commit to a chase.

    It's sort of like having BBQ or Infectious Fright information more often.

    Now imagine if Feral Frenzy just came with Killer Instinct by default. No chain requirement to activate it. Whenever you use your power you can see an indicator for everyone in your terror radius. It wouldn't make Legion any stronger in chase necessarily, but it would heavily cut down on their downtime because they could find chases incredibly easily.

    I think that would be an interesting way to balance a Killer. Standard Vanilla M1 for all downs but tons of information to save time to make up for the longer chases. Also, the ultimate counter to stealth (even at Rank 1 Survivors sometimes use stealth especially at the beginning of the game to stall out Corrupt Intervention).

    Ultimately, information without means to capitalize on it is useless.

  • @Blueberry said:

    I'd personally rather just lower the fatigue out of FF by 1 second and apply Deafened with the Deep Wounds effect.

    This essentially ups their skill cap and mind game potential.

    I like that idea! It gives that bit more interest to the deep wound applied from FF and separates it a bit from the BT deep wound which I personally like (and yes please to the lower fatigue time!).

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2186317#Comment_2186317

    I like that idea! It gives that bit more interest to the deep wound applied from FF and separates it a bit from the BT deep wound which I personally like (and yes please to the lower fatigue time!).

    I'm glad you liked it!

    I like ways that we can increase the power level and fun of some weaker killers but requires a higher skill level to do so which means it won't hurt lower rank players.