Interview series episode 7: Weck

After my first interview with my first member over 10k posts we move on to @Weck to discuss his opinions and facts on the game. Once again I start off with the simple questions. So Weck thank you for accepting let's begin.

  1. How'd you discover the game?
  2. How'd you come up with the name Weck?

Comments

  • Your @ for weck is a dead @ so I suggest fixing it so they see the notif

    @Weck

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    After my first interview with my first member over 10k posts we move on to @Weck to discuss his opinions and facts on the game. Once again I start off with the simple questions. So Weck thank you for accepting let's begin.

    1. How'd you discover the game?
    2. How'd you come up with the name Weck?

    1- someone on twitter said something like "Why dbd players always do this" I asked what dbd was, got the name, looked on youtube, watched a few videos from ohmwrecker, decided to get it, realized I already had it on my ps4 because of ps+, and that was it. it was during the release of ghostface.


    2- my sister used to call me this when we were young to annoy me. Later I needed a nickname online and decided to use it.

  • @Hoodied said:

    Your @ for weck is a dead @ so I suggest fixing it so they see the notif

    @Weck

    yeah, didn't get a notification for the first one.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/248842/interview-series-episode-7-weck

    1- someone on twitter said something like "Why dbd players always do this" I asked what dbd was, got the name, looked on youtube, watched a few videos from ohmwrecker, decided to get it, realized I already had it on my ps4 because of ps+, and that was it. it was during the release of ghostface.

    2- my sister used to call me this when we were young to annoy me. Later I needed a nickname online and decided to use it.

    3.Which side do you main?

    4.Of that side which character/s do you main?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2177218#Comment_2177218

    3.Which side do you main?

    4.Of that side which character/s do you main?

    3 - Neither. I play as close to 50/50 as I can.

    4 - Kate on survivor and Trapper on killer.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2177296#Comment_2177296

    3 - Neither. I play as close to 50/50 as I can.

    4 - Kate on survivor and Trapper on killer.

    5.Favorite map/realms as killer?

    6.Least enjoyed map/realms as killer?

    7.Favorite map/realm as survivor?

    8.Least enjoyed map/realm as survivor?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2177343#Comment_2177343

    5.Favorite map/realms as killer?

    6.Least enjoyed map/realms as killer?

    7.Favorite map/realm as survivor?

    8.Least enjoyed map/realm as survivor?

    5 - as a trapper player, I love Azarov and Suffocation pit. because it's just natural to basically ignore half of the map on those.

    6 - haddonfield. Just kills my excitement to play.

    7 - Most of macmillan and autohaven. I know them very well, so it's where I usually can play my best.

    8 - Lery. I just can't seem to figure out where the windows are when I play survivor on it ๐Ÿ˜…

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2177353#Comment_2177353

    5 - as a trapper player, I love Azarov and Suffocation pit. because it's just natural to basically ignore half of the map on those.

    6 - haddonfield. Just kills my excitement to play.

    7 - Most of macmillan and autohaven. I know them very well, so it's where I usually can play my best.

    8 - Lery. I just can't seem to figure out where the windows are when I play survivor on it ๐Ÿ˜…

    9.Favorite character/s to face as killer?

    10.Favorite character/s to face as survivor?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2177385#Comment_2177385

    9.Favorite character/s to face as killer?

    10.Favorite character/s to face as survivor?

    9 - Don't really have any preference. it mostly all feels the same.

    10 - Billy, Oni, Nurse. They are really fun to go against when they know what they are doing, and feels like I'm actively making choices at all times instead of just playing the loop like normal.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2177539#Comment_2177539

    9 - Don't really have any preference. it mostly all feels the same.

    10 - Billy, Oni, Nurse. They are really fun to go against when they know what they are doing, and feels like I'm actively making choices at all times instead of just playing the loop like normal.

    11. Least enjoyed character/s to face as survivor?

    12. Least enjoyed character/s to face as killer?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2177621#Comment_2177621

    11. Least enjoyed character/s to face as survivor?

    12. Least enjoyed character/s to face as killer?

    11 - Ironically, trapper. I play SO bad against trapper, I'm always thinking "I would have put a trap there", so I get super paranoid and loop terribly ๐Ÿ˜…

    12 - Blendettes. It's so boring...

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2177994#Comment_2177994

    11 - Ironically, trapper. I play SO bad against trapper, I'm always thinking "I would have put a trap there", so I get super paranoid and loop terribly ๐Ÿ˜…

    12 - Blendettes. It's so boring...

    13. Favorite survivor perk?

    14. Least enjoyed survivor perk?

    15. Favorite killer perk?

    16. Least enjoyed killer perk?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2178028#Comment_2178028

    13. Favorite survivor perk?

    14. Least enjoyed survivor perk?

    15. Favorite killer perk?

    16. Least enjoyed killer perk?

    13 - Inner strenght. It's like a pocket heal for emergencies, it's great.

    14 - Slipery meat. It's effect is so bad, and it wants survivors to try to jump from the hook, which they shouldn't do.

    15 - Trail of torment. Stealth on command is really fun.

    16 - Insidious. It's terrible and promotes a bad playstyle.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2178062#Comment_2178062

    13 - Inner strenght. It's like a pocket heal for emergencies, it's great.

    14 - Slipery meat. It's effect is so bad, and it wants survivors to try to jump from the hook, which they shouldn't do.

    15 - Trail of torment. Stealth on command is really fun.

    16 - Insidious. It's terrible and promotes a bad playstyle.

    17. What is your dream chapter for the game?

  • 17 - Alien. I ######### love the xenomorph.

  • 18. DBD's biggest chapter is upon it 5th anniversary with Resident Evil. This is on the trail of two disastrous chapters in a row. What should the devs add into the fifth anniversary to earn back the trust and enjoyment of the fans?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2178386#Comment_2178386

    18. DBD's biggest chapter is upon it 5th anniversary with Resident Evil. This is on the trail of two disastrous chapters in a row. What should the devs add into the fifth anniversary to earn back the trust and enjoyment of the fans?

    18 - take the time to properly create, test and release the characters. If the killer has a fun and useful power, all 6 perks are at least decent and have very minimal bugs that can be fixed in the hotfix.

    I think that alone would earn back the trust of most of the playerbase.


    Fixing the bugs we currently have (like breakout Breakdown) would be an amazing + aswell. (Really wish they did a qol chapter after the anniversary)

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179268#Comment_2179268

    18 - take the time to properly create, test and release the characters. If the killer has a fun and useful power, all 6 perks are at least decent and have very minimal bugs that can be fixed in the hotfix.

    I think that alone would earn back the trust of most of the playerbase.

    Fixing the bugs we currently have (like breakout) would be an amazing + aswell. (Really wish they did a qol chapter after the anniversary)

    • 19. Do you think they should focus solely on new content for that chapter but still release things on the current game like finishing the realm beyond?
  • Although I'm not as active I still enjoy seeing these ^^

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179533#Comment_2179533

    • 19. Do you think they should focus solely on new content for that chapter but still release things on the current game like finishing the realm beyond?

    19 - I really want a RE map, if working on stuff like the realm beyond stops that from happening, like it did with the last few chapters, then I would rather they focus solely on the new things for this chapter.

    ideally, both would be best.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179541#Comment_2179541

    19 - I really want a RE map, if working on stuff like the realm beyond stops that from happening, like it did with the last few chapters, then I would rather they focus solely on the new things for this chapter.

    ideally, both would be best.

    20.Which characters from Resident Evil would be best for the game and bringing fans of the franchise to the game? Since currently it's up in the air if it could be a tyrant, witch or someone else.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179684#Comment_2179684

    20.Which characters from Resident Evil would be best for the game and bringing fans of the franchise to the game? Since currently it's up in the air if it could be a tyrant, witch or someone else.

    20 - Either Jill or Leon. Jill is the OG and Leon is a fan favorite.

    I really don't see any killer besides nemesis getting in... It's the most iconic guy in the franchise.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179765#Comment_2179765

    20 - Either Jill or Leon. Jill is the OG and Leon is a fan favorite.

    I really don't see any killer besides nemesis getting in... It's the most iconic guy in the franchise.

    21.There was a post that players who are normally toxic should relax that behavior since it is bound many Resident Evil fans will check out the game with no knowledge on how to play. Should current players change their behaviour for the influx of many new players?

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179268#Comment_2179268

    18 - take the time to properly create, test and release the characters. If the killer has a fun and useful power, all 6 perks are at least decent and have very minimal bugs that can be fixed in the hotfix.

    I think that alone would earn back the trust of most of the playerbase.

    Fixing the bugs we currently have (like breakout) would be an amazing + aswell. (Really wish they did a qol chapter after the anniversary)

    Breakout is bugged? I didn't use it since the previous Rift, for the challenge. And I saw no one using it since neither. What is bugged?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179807#Comment_2179807

    21.There was a post that players who are normally toxic should relax that behavior since it is bound many Resident Evil fans will check out the game with no knowledge on how to play. Should current players change their behaviour for the influx of many new players?

    21 - Should? yes, probably.

    Will they? doubt it.

  • @TheMadCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179533#Comment_2179533

    Breakout is bugged? I didn't use it since the previous Rift, for the challenge. And I saw no one using it since neither. What is bugged?

    the hook stays broken forever.


    edit - it's Breakdown, not breakout. sorry, I got the names confused

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179846#Comment_2179846

    the hook stays broken forever.

    edit - it's Breakdown, not breakout. sorry, I got the names confused

    Ah, I was wondering if Breakout was bugged as well. But for Breakdown, I think it was fixed recently.

  • Let's move on to the present

    22.Freddy recently received a nerf. Reduction in snare and pallet count and nerf of slowdown add-ons. Many called this change lazy and didn't fix the core issue of his rather boring undynamic playstyle. Should the devs give Freddy another rework to fix these issues?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179884#Comment_2179884

    Let's move on to the present

    22.Freddy recently received a nerf. Reduction in snare and pallet count and nerf of slowdown add-ons. Many called this change lazy and didn't fix the core issue of his rather boring undynamic playstyle. Should the devs give Freddy another rework to fix these issues?

    I don't really agree with this "rather boring undynamic playstyle" thing, because when you think about it, that's 80% of the killers.

    I think the slowdown is good, but reducing the snares and pallets does basically nothing.


    but I don't think they should rework him again. it would be an unending cycle of reworking the same character again and again forever because some people would always dislike the result no matter what.

    also, when you rework a character like this, you basically delete the old character and replace him with a new one. and I don't think this should be something you do carelessly.

    it worked for bubba, he still feels like the same character, but more powerful and fun. Freddy feels very different from his older self, (like devil may cry Dante and DMC Dante, for example) and that's not necessarily good or bad, but really should be avoided.


    what freddy needs is an addon pass. give him stuff that changes his powers in more interesting ways. (and maybe one ultra-rare that reverts him back to old freddy. some people would like that).

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2181996#Comment_2181996

    I don't really agree with this "rather boring undynamic playstyle" thing, because when you think about it, that's 80% of the killers.

    I think the slowdown is good, but reducing the snares and pallets does basically nothing.

    but I don't think they should rework him again. it would be an unending cycle of reworking the same character again and again forever because some people would always dislike the result no matter what.

    also, when you rework a character like this, you basically delete the old character and replace him with a new one. and I don't think this should be something you do carelessly.

    it worked for bubba, he still feels like the same character, but more powerful and fun. Freddy feels very different from his older self, (like devil may cry Dante and DMC Dante, for example) and that's not necessarily good or bad, but really should be avoided.

    what freddy needs is an addon pass. give him stuff that changes his powers in more interesting ways. (and maybe one ultra-rare that reverts him back to old freddy. some people would like that).

    Id personally love the iridescent idea. Black box now your completly invisible. But survivors don't passively fall asleep anymore you have to channel your arm to put them to sleep. Also hits on a awake survivor does nothing. Black box is useless rn anyway. Its been a while since a iridescent changed a characters entire playstyle.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2181996#Comment_2181996

    I don't really agree with this "rather boring undynamic playstyle" thing, because when you think about it, that's 80% of the killers.

    I think the slowdown is good, but reducing the snares and pallets does basically nothing.

    but I don't think they should rework him again. it would be an unending cycle of reworking the same character again and again forever because some people would always dislike the result no matter what.

    also, when you rework a character like this, you basically delete the old character and replace him with a new one. and I don't think this should be something you do carelessly.

    it worked for bubba, he still feels like the same character, but more powerful and fun. Freddy feels very different from his older self, (like devil may cry Dante and DMC Dante, for example) and that's not necessarily good or bad, but really should be avoided.

    what freddy needs is an addon pass. give him stuff that changes his powers in more interesting ways. (and maybe one ultra-rare that reverts him back to old freddy. some people would like that).

    23.You said 80 percent of the killers are undynamic why is that?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2182130#Comment_2182130

    23.You said 80 percent of the killers are undynamic why is that?

    what is wraith gonna do? go invisible, try to get a free hit, maybe chase after.

    myers? stalk to tier 2, 99% tier 3, tap tier 3 and down.

    doctor will zap you so you can't drop a pallet or vault.

    each killer has their gameplan, and they will follow it.


    Very few killers can make significant changes on the fly.

    Hag can change where and when she put her traps. so instead of using the trap to teleport, it's to move the survivor camera and make them run weird for a sec.

    Nurse can stop predicting and just blink to corners(or the other way around).


    but how is wraith changing his gameplan mid match? Approuch from the left instead of the right? Sure it's a change, but he's still doing the same thing.


    I don't think this makes any of them boring. but when you boil down a killer to "he does X until he hits you, and then he repeats", you see that almost every killer will fit in this. so it's a moot point.

    Freddy just gets more hate on this than other killers. probably because of how effective he is at it.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2182260#Comment_2182260

    what is wraith gonna do? go invisible, try to get a free hit, maybe chase after.

    myers? stalk to tier 2, 99% tier 3, tap tier 3 and down.

    doctor will zap you so you can't drop a pallet or vault.

    each killer has their gameplan, and they will follow it.

    Very few killers can make significant changes on the fly.

    Hag can change where and when she put her traps. so instead of using the trap to teleport, it's to move the survivor camera and make them run weird for a sec.

    Nurse can stop predicting and just blink to corners(or the other way around).

    but how is wraith changing his gameplan mid match? Approuch from the left instead of the right? Sure it's a change, but he's still doing the same thing.

    I don't think this makes any of them boring. but when you boil down a killer to "he does X until he hits you, and then he repeats", you see that almost every killer will fit in this. so it's a moot point.

    Freddy just gets more hate on this than other killers. probably because of how effective he is at it.

    24.On the topic of Wraith he recently got the long awaited dream of Windstorm base along with a lunge. But many are now bombarding Wraith saying he is now too much. Lunge too effective at many loops. Too fast catching up too survivors easily. And even stronger with perks and add-ons. Many are saying Wraith is now on the level and even better then Huntress and Oni. Do you believe Wraith is or isn't too strong?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2182363#Comment_2182363

    24.On the topic of Wraith he recently got the long awaited dream of Windstorm base along with a lunge. But many are now bombarding Wraith saying he is now too much. Lunge too effective at many loops. Too fast catching up too survivors easily. And even stronger with perks and add-ons. Many are saying Wraith is now on the level and even better then Huntress and Oni. Do you believe Wraith is or isn't too strong?

    24 - I think wraith is fine and that people are just overreacting. I would let him as he is a few more months before commiting to any sort of change for him.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2182420#Comment_2182420

    24 - I think wraith is fine and that people are just overreacting. I would let him as he is a few more months before commiting to any sort of change for him.

    25.Blight had his J-Flick exploit removed but for an even better return of now is turning is proper for console. Did this boost console players confidence in the devs? But is more still needed to improve the quality of console old and new?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2182436#Comment_2182436

    25.Blight had his J-Flick exploit removed but for an even better return of now is turning is proper for console. Did this boost console players confidence in the devs? But is more still needed to improve the quality of console old and new?

    25 - I think you can still do the j-flick, but instead of the 180 it's 90+90. I'm not really sure on how it works.

    It boosted my confidence, so yes.

    so much. besides optimization(the obvious one), there's the smaller things... the fact you can't even navigate the menus with the d-pad is really annoying. it takes so long to just pick perks and addons...

    also no m+kb support.

    edit - also we don't have end game chat yet for some reason...

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2182448#Comment_2182448

    25 - I think you can still do the j-flick, but instead of the 180 it's 90+90. I'm not really sure on how it works.

    It boosted my confidence, so yes.

    so much. besides optimization(the obvious one), there's the smaller things... the fact you can't even navigate the menus with the d-pad is really annoying. it takes so long to just pick perks and addons...

    also no m+kb support.

    edit - also we don't have end game chat yet for some reason...

    26.Huntress recently had solely her add-ons passed no longer is there Iri-Head and Infantry belt. Exhaustion for 5 seconds instead of 1:30. With some neat ones in hatchet speed. But many once again pointed out why did this happen to Huntress and not Hillbilly. Does this show inconsistency on the devs part. Or did they listen to the community from the last mistake? And knew to keep Huntress's base the same.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2182468#Comment_2182468

    26.Huntress recently had solely her add-ons passed no longer is there Iri-Head and Infantry belt. Exhaustion for 5 seconds instead of 1:30. With some neat ones in hatchet speed. But many once again pointed out why did this happen to Huntress and not Hillbilly. Does this show inconsistency on the devs part. Or did they listen to the community from the last mistake? And knew to keep Huntress's base the same.

    26 - I hope it's because they learned from billy's nerf. but who knows... maybe someone in development mains huntress and stopped any bigger changes from happening.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2182593#Comment_2182593

    26 - I hope it's because they learned from billy's nerf. but who knows... maybe someone in development mains huntress and stopped any bigger changes from happening.

    27.There are calls to revert Hillbilly's changes or at least make him less janky. Should the devs consider cleaning him, reverting changes or would it set a bad precedent?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2182626#Comment_2182626

    27.There are calls to revert Hillbilly's changes or at least make him less janky. Should the devs consider cleaning him, reverting changes or would it set a bad precedent?

    27 - I believe not reverting bad changes, is what sets a bad precedent.

    overheating made billy not fun for most of the people that played him, and now you rarely see a hillbilly. enough time has passed for we to properly see the effects of his changes.


    I'll always take "We tried this thing, but it didn't work so we are changing it back" over "We tried this thing. It's staying!"

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2182636#Comment_2182636

    27 - I believe not reverting bad changes, is what sets a bad precedent.

    overheating made billy not fun for most of the people that played him, and now you rarely see a hillbilly. enough time has passed for we to properly see the effects of his changes.

    I'll always take "We tried this thing, but it didn't work so we are changing it back" over "We tried this thing. It's staying!"

    Unfortunately, the devs never admit when they're wrong unless about 50% of the survivor playerbase absolutely hates the change.

    If you need an example, breakable walls.

  • @Beelzeboop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2182682#Comment_2182682

    Unfortunately, the devs never admit when they're wrong unless about 50% of the survivor playerbase absolutely hates the change.

    If you need an example, breakable walls.

    but then they also changed lucky break to 45 seconds after the ptb. (I believe it was 90 seconds? not sure)


    it's not so black and white.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2182636#Comment_2182636

    27 - I believe not reverting bad changes, is what sets a bad precedent.

    overheating made billy not fun for most of the people that played him, and now you rarely see a hillbilly. enough time has passed for we to properly see the effects of his changes.

    I'll always take "We tried this thing, but it didn't work so we are changing it back" over "We tried this thing. It's staying!"

    28. Do you believe if the changes were reverted Hillbilly would gain back more players despite the new competition he faces on some of his areas of attack?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2182682#Comment_2182682

    28. Do you believe if the changes were reverted Hillbilly would gain back more players despite the new competition he faces on some of his areas of attack?

    28 - absolutely.

  • 29. One of the killers criticized as the most outdated is Myers is it is viewed that his base is outdated and his add-ons too strong. But they devs renewed the license. And possibly the last Mid-Chapter to have the realm beyond is upcoming. What should the devs do to make Myers viable and up to standards of modern DBD?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2183357#Comment_2183357

    29. One of the killers criticized as the most outdated is Myers is it is viewed that his base is outdated and his add-ons too strong. But they devs renewed the license. And possibly the last Mid-Chapter to have the realm beyond is upcoming. What should the devs do to make Myers viable and up to standards of modern DBD?

    29 - I would make it so he already starts in tier 2. And survivors regenerate their "stalk meter" over time.


    Scratched mirror gives you tier 1 as an added effect.


    Tombstone piece is way too strong and needs to change.


    And I think that's enough. I would test it like this before giving him any new power.

โ€น 1 2