What is wrong with Surveillance?

I’ve noticed this a few times since the mid chapter patch came out, but Surveillance has been acting weird af lately. I combine it with Ruin on Blight as it’s a very good perk combination.

For some reason, when a gen regresses all the way down to zero, the gen turns yellow even though there’s no one on it and it really throws me off thinking there’s a survivor over there. Is this bug or what? When a gen regresses to zero it’s supposed to go back to red so I’m pretty convinced it’s just a bug.

Comments

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/248486/what-is-wrong-with-surveillance

    I posted that in the bug section. But it's still at pending I believe. But I've noticed it's bugged, yes

    Thanks for responding. I’m glad to see I’m not the only one.

  • Yeah, it is bugged. I saw it happen earlier today.

    Wasted my Dream Projection for a gen which wasn't even being repaired ;-;

  • Surveillance has been going downwards since they fixed the "bug" that causes it to show fully regress gens as white. I miss that version of surveillance so much, it just wasn't the same for me since.

  • Yeah, the perk's been bugged for a while. I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed yet.

  • @glitchboi said:

    Yeah, the perk's been bugged for a while. I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed yet.

    Oh it has? I’ve only noticed it recently.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Yeah, it is bugged. I saw it happen earlier today.

    Wasted my Dream Projection for a gen which wasn't even being repaired ;-;

    Oh noes ;-;

  • @GannTM said:

    I’ve noticed this a few times since the mid chapter patch came out, but Surveillance has been acting weird af lately. I combine it with Ruin on Blight as it’s a very good perk combination.

    For some reason, when a gen regresses all the way down to zero, the gen turns yellow even though there’s no one on it and it really throws me off thinking there’s a survivor over there. Is this bug or what? When a gen regresses to zero it’s supposed to go back to red so I’m pretty convinced it’s just a bug.

    yeah I've actually noticed that too and it's thrown me off when I play as the pig. I wonder if it's a bug. most likely.

  • @GannTM said:

    I’ve noticed this a few times since the mid chapter patch came out, but Surveillance has been acting weird af lately. I combine it with Ruin on Blight as it’s a very good perk combination.

    For some reason, when a gen regresses all the way down to zero, the gen turns yellow even though there’s no one on it and it really throws me off thinking there’s a survivor over there. Is this bug or what? When a gen regresses to zero it’s supposed to go back to red so I’m pretty convinced it’s just a bug.

    Yep had this happen to me on atrickster match it would randomly go yellow when it reached 0 makes the perk worse than useless since it gives false info I went to gens that reached 0 so many times that game.

  • @glitchboi said:

    Yeah, the perk's been bugged for a while. I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed yet.

    The bugged yellow aura is new, actually, got in with the mid chapter patch.

  • @CaulDrohn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2173268#Comment_2173268

    The bugged yellow aura is new, actually, got in with the mid chapter patch.

    Oh, that makes sense.

  • It's bugged, probably because the game misunderstands what it means when a gen "stops regressing."

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2173263#Comment_2173263

    Same lol. I even fake teleported to a few of them. While walking to them to see which way they run. And seen nothing. Just to walk up to a yellow gen that had nothing there.

    A very sad situation :(

  • @Kebek said:

    Surveillance has been going downwards since they fixed the "bug" that causes it to show fully regress gens as white. I miss that version of surveillance so much, it just wasn't the same for me since.

    Wasn't a bug, was a feature, then they nerfed the perk to not do that for no real reason. Now its completely borked.