Wraith Addon change ideas

So as we all know wraith recently got buffed and in terms of his basekit he’s in a really good place now. However since wraith players now have both addon slots open at high rank play we are seeing some complaints. We all know the ones I’m talking about with the all seeing blood and the silent bell. Now I’m not trying to start a debate on whether or not his addons need changing. I’m just asking the people who do want them changed, how would you change them?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I know you were asking for people who wants changes, but I honestly haven't seen lot of complaints about silent bell (maybe I just didn't see them?)

    Silent bell is totally fine

    All seeing I could see a better arguement for changes but I do think if that changed he would need some buffs on other addons most likely

  • Well I think when talking about things it's best to ask an expert.

    @Boss

    I personally think all seeing blood and silent bell should be changed but I'm a survivor main. and since your a wraith main you would have more expert knowledge then me. Do you think all seeing blood and silent bell should be changed?

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    I know you were asking for people who wants changes, but I honestly haven't seen lot of complaints about silent bell (maybe I just didn't see them?)

    Silent bell is totally fine

    All seeing I could see a better arguement for changes but I do think if that changed he would need some buffs on other addons most likely

    I’m personally fine with both addons for the most part although like you mentioned there’s an argument for all seeing. To be honest most silent bell complaints I’ve seen are salt but I’ve seen enough of them to think it was worth a mention

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    Well I think when talking about things it's best to ask an expert.

    @Boss

    I personally think all seeing blood and silent bell should be changed but I'm a survivor main. and since your a wraith main you would have more expert knowledge then me. Do you think all seeing blood and silent bell should be changed?

    I’m open to there being a debate/discussion about whether it needs to be tweaked but like I mentioned in the caption the primary reason I made this is to hear the ideas of people like yourself who think the addons need to change, and more specifically I’m really curious as to what you’d do to them

  • Only change I'd make is probably swap All Seeing-Spirit and All Seeing-Blood rarities. Seems weird for Purple to be better than Iri.

  • Silent Bell and Bone Clapper are a little too ridiculous with his new post-uncloak lunge imo.

    All-seeing could use either a downside for equipping it (like Amanda's Letter) or have it only be active for a short amount of time upon entering cloak.

    The generator iridescent one probably needs to be looked at too but nobody seems to actually use it despite it being really strong.

    These statements are all coming from the perspective of solo queue though, where he is now incredibly oppressive and unfun to play against. Against a SWF he's probably still on the weaker side.

  • @Thr_ust said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2171431#Comment_2171431

    I’m open to there being a debate/discussion about whether it needs to be tweaked but like I mentioned in the caption the primary reason I made this is to hear the ideas of people like yourself who think the addons need to change, and more specifically I’m really curious as to what you’d do to them

    Well the way I would change it is to have a downside to those addons because of how strong it is. Maybe like a decrease in movement or unblocking speed.

    But ultimately I'm not too sure. I don't play killer at all which is why I was hesitant to give my opinions it.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2171441#Comment_2171441

    Well the way I would change it is to have a downside to those addons because of how strong it is. Maybe like a decrease in movement or unblocking speed.

    But ultimately I'm not too sure. I don't play killer at all which is why I was hesitant to give my opinions it.

    I can respect that you don’t wanna go too deep on stuff that you aren’t really experienced with. I will say though I think anything that makes an uncloak take longer could be dangerous since there’s that lightburn mechanic

  • All seeing blood and coxcomb clapper are fine to me. They aren't as strong as other ultra rare add-ons but aren't weak to be very rare add-ons.

    Blink, swift hunt and the hound could change to something else and windstorm could have another affect on them that doesn't impact the game too much of could also change to something else

    Blink could delay the transition animations while uncloaking.

    Swift hunt could increase the duration of the burst of speed by 0.5/0.10/0.15 seconds

    The hound affect could be when getting successful surprise attack you automatically cloak.

    Windstorm could have another affect like wraith snarl is quieter, decrease the range of seeing wraith by 4 and increase his movement speed while uncloaking (only slightly) or gain a burst of speed by ringing the bell twice for 0.10/0.15/0.25 (don't know if the changes in windstorm are balance)

    Blind warrior white could change to broken for 40 seconds and mud could have white current affect (mangled and haemorrhage)

    Shadow dance face t could persist for a small duration (this was someone else suggestion, possibly yords)

    Windstorm and Swift hunt changes may not be balance but it would need to be tested. The others maybe more balance then the two I mentioned and better then the current ones (in my opinion)

  • Coxcombed Clapper is absolutely fine. Its only true use is to position yourself behind a wall and surprise lunge out, and you can do that with almost the same ease by using the yellow bone clapper. Wraith still has visual and audible cues in his shimmer, his uncloak animation, and his growl that give him away at close range. You'll still catch inattentive survivors and struggle to surprise attentive ones. To me, Coxcomb represents the perfect kind of iri addon - something that improves a fundamental aspect of a killer's power, but at the same time doesn't change their counterplay very much.

    All-Seeing: Blood is an anti-stealth addon - 12m wallhacks, but it's difficult to use in a chase, so its main use is locating hiding survivors/somebody you just lost. I'm neutral on whether this is too powerful or perfectly fine. The reason I think it may be too powerful is that it's a purple, and Pig has exactly the same addon as an iri, but it also gives her major drawbacks that render the other part of her power basically unusable. Granted, I think that Pig addon is terrible and needs a rework, but there's clearly a power disparity here in the design. I think All-Seeing might be better if it prevented you from uncloaking until 5-10 seconds after you cloaked, to completely neuter its chase applications (cloak for wallhacks, position yourself where you can zone the survivor whether they vault a window or not, and lunge.) Slowing the uncloak would also help with this.

    Apart from All-Seeing: Blood, I think Wraith has one of the healthiest addon spreads in the game. Few are overpowered, but nearly all of them are viable, all give noticeable effects, and there are different options for different playstyles (like pallet buster Wraith, quick lunge Wraith, two different brands of extra stealthy Wraith with his clappers and the Ghost addon... hyper bing bong Wraith if for some reason you bring Blink addons.)

  • @Yords said:

    A continuation of fixing killer addons to make them much better. Any addons that I do not change will remain the same.

    I will be explaining each family of addons from the lowest to highest rarity in a nice organized fashion, and from uncommon to very rare. Hope you like it. And as always, feel free to critique or add your own suggestions.

    I might tweak these changes from time to time.

    The bone clapper (uncommon addon) - Upgrade this addon to very rare, it is definitely worth more than an uncommon addon.

    "Blink" addon changes

    ***The affect of these addons stack with each other

    Mud (uncommon):

    • Decreases the range at which survivors can see your shimmer while cloaked by 6 meters

    White (rare):

    • Decreases the range at which survivors can see your shimmer while cloaked by 6 meters
    • Instead of being stunned by a flashlight or firecracker, the Wraith will instead immediately come out of cloak

    So these addons are noticeable garbage. These effects will actually make it do something somewhat useful, mainly the shorter range to see the Wraith's shimmer.

    "Swift hunt" addon buffs

    ***These all can stack on each other

    Mud (uncommon):

    • Decreases the time required to uncloak by .35 seconds.

    White (rare):

    • Decreases the time required to uncloak by .35 seconds.
    • Increases the post-uncloak speed boost duration by .25 seconds.

    Blood (very rare):

    • Decreases the successful attack cooldown when hitting a survivor with a "surprise attack" by 40%.
    • Decreases the time required to uncloak by .35 seconds.

    The swift hunt addons are currently very underwhelming. You have to use two of these addons to get a decent reduction value in uncloaking. These little buffs will help with this and add more. It will also make sense with the text "swift".

    "Shadow dance" addon buffs

    White (rare):

    • Increases window vault, break actions, and locker opening speed by 40% when cloaked.
    • This effect persists for 5 seconds after uncloaking.

    Blood (very rare):

    • Increases window vault, break actions, and locker opening speed by 60% when cloaked.
    • This effect persists for 5 seconds after uncloaking.

    The problem with these addons is that they only work when cloaked. It is fun, but not effective. With this buff you should be able to get more value out of it, potentially in a chase. It is still going to be weak though and I am probably going to change this effect.

    "Windstorm" addon buffs

    ***These stack

    Mud (uncommon):

    • Increases your speed while cloaked by 7.5% (its new current speed, just saying the exact speed increase it has now, same for the other windstorm addons)
    • Delays the "whisp" sound when cloaking or uncloaking by 5 seconds.

    White (rare):

    • Increases your speed while cloaked by 10%
    • Decreases the range at which survivors hear you cloak or uncloak (whispy sound) by 16 meters.

    Blood (very rare):

    • Increases your speed while cloaked by 12.5%.
    • If survivors are within 40 meters when you cloak or uncloak, the fog surrounding them will thicken to the point where you cannot see past 32 meters for 10 seconds.

    I decided to buff the windstorm addons because after their slight nerf, it seems like they just aren't nearly as good. Which is sort of a good thing, but now you have to run two of them to notice any changes in speed.

    "Blind warrior" - Mud addon buff

    Mud (uncommon):

    • Surprise attacks afflict the blindness status effect on a survivor for 80 seconds. The timer starts to go down when you stop chasing them.

    This buff should help a little, and it might make it decent. If you are switching off-targets frequently then you should get some nice value from this addon.

    Ultra rare addon "All seeing" Spirit:
    • When cloaked, the Repair Progression of Generators can be determined by the intensity of their Auras.
    • Survivors working on this generator will have their auras revealed for 10 seconds if they get off the generator.

    So this addon is a good one, but it feels just a little underwhelming for an ultra rare. Sure, you can tell what gens are being worked on and how much progress they have, but unless you have pop or ruin you aren't going to get a whole lot of value out of it. Because of that, I decided to give it a slight buff to make it do just a little more.

    After testing it out, this other ultra-rare is pretty good after all. I revoke my change made to it.

    And with that, I come to a close with the addon pass for Wraith's addons. See you in the next one.

    I made a post on this and made up some ideas. Although some are questionable, I think it was still good for the most part.

  • Ehh, there's only 1-2 Add-ons i could see needing a nerf. (Maybe "All Seeing" - Blood, and even less of a maybe, Coxcombed Clapper.)

    There's at least 4 i want to see reworked (Both "Blinks", "Blind Warrior" - Mud and "The Hound" - Soot), and 3 buffed, if only slightly. (All Swift Hunts.)

    Other than that i like his Add-on arsenal a lot, and these little things don't impact that opinion much.

    His cripple-BP Add-on is also one of the few that can at least be put to some uses other than just crippling you. (Though recent Demogorgon Add-on changes definitely have Wraith beaten on this Add-on now. (I'd still rather have something without the cripple, but it is what it is.))