Should I take Sloppy Butcher or Thanatophobia on Wraith?

image.png

I like my current hit and run build on wraith, but which perk is better?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I would take Sloppy because you’ll M1 a lot with Wraith.

  • Sloppy Butcher is the better option and you'll get more value out of it if you stick to your hit and run style

    Alternatively, you can use Thana and use the 'Blind Warrior - White' addon which will make it so anyone you hit after briefly after uncloaking becomes mangled, which is sloppy butcher in addon form

    Both solid options, but Sloppy is better overall if you ask me!

  • Sloppy of course. Survivors always want to heal against wraith so thana will do nothing

  • Sloppy is better when using nurses, but I would actually drop surge for thana, especially since you'll be kicking gens for dragons grip.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Sloppy Butcher is the better option and you'll get more value out of it if you stick to your hit and run style

    Alternatively, you can use Thana and use the 'Blind Warrior - White' addon which will make it so anyone you hit after briefly after uncloaking becomes mangled, which is sloppy butcher in addon form

    Both solid options, but Sloppy is better overall if you ask me!

    I second that. I love running bone clapper and blind warrior for the mostly free sloppy butcher. OP, you can essentially run both perks by running that add-on plus thana. The only downsides are that you have to do an out of cloak hit to apply the mangled status with the add-on, and (I think?) you don't get the more frequent blood pools, but that's not the main point of sloppy butcher anyways

    But yeah, if only one option is available for whatever reason, sloppy is better

  • Sloppy.

    No contest.

  • Sloppy ofcourse. You are not Nurse or Legion. You will chase them one by one. Sloppy will help you more than Than

  • @Exerath1992 said:

    Sloppy is better when using nurses, but I would actually drop surge for thana, especially since you'll be kicking gens for dragons grip.

    previously I would agree but recently from my experience, I still end up kicking gens even with surge. Cause I'm not always downing someone after I get a hit and sometimes I only chase long enough to break a pallet. Also surge is still needed for the regression, plus slugging follow up.

  • @musstang62 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166406#Comment_2166406

    I second that. I love running bone clapper and blind warrior for the mostly free sloppy butcher. OP, you can essentially run both perks by running that add-on plus thana. The only downsides are that you have to do an out of cloak hit to apply the mangled status with the add-on, and (I think?) you don't get the more frequent blood pools, but that's not the main point of sloppy butcher anyways

    But yeah, if only one option is available for whatever reason, sloppy is better

    love that build also, but this is a more general build. Where I can slap what ever add-on I want to fit my mood

  • @twocansofbean said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/98NXG1NYKF7H/image.png

    I like my current hit and run build on wraith, but which perk is better?

    Sloppy if you want one. Thanas values are too low and Wraith doesn't have good multi target damage.

  • I will concur and say Sloppy Butcher as well, I love it on him. But as musstang62 pointed out, you could try Thanataphobia with the Blind Warrior add-on for a round or two and see how you feel about that and if it fits your play style with him!

  • @twocansofbean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166474#Comment_2166474

    love that build also, but this is a more general build. Where I can slap what ever add-on I want to fit my mood

    Gotcha. I would definitely run with sloppy, in that case. You'll always get some degree of value out of it with an M1 killer, so it's a good fit on wraith

  • @twocansofbean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166416#Comment_2166416

    previously I would agree but recently from my experience, I still end up kicking gens even with surge. Cause I'm not always downing someone after I get a hit and sometimes I only chase long enough to break a pallet. Also surge is still needed for the regression, plus slugging follow up.

    I would 100% go with sloppy unless you have the addon that applies mangled. Nobody is going to stay injured for long without sloppy. And if you are doing hit and run you might consider Franklins as well since a couple medkits will completely shut down that playstyle.

    Surge is inferior to pop goes the weasel in most situations; especially on wraith who can quickly make up the lost distance from kicking a gen. It would also go better with dragons grip, though dragons grip is garbage so I’d replace that with basically anything.

    At least change it with make your choice so you are consistently exposing people instead of hoping they touch a gen and still suffering a massive cooldown if they don’t.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Sloppy Butcher is the better option and you'll get more value out of it if you stick to your hit and run style

    Alternatively, you can use Thana and use the 'Blind Warrior - White' addon which will make it so anyone you hit after briefly after uncloaking becomes mangled, which is sloppy butcher in addon form

    Both solid options, but Sloppy is better overall if you ask me!

    Profile picture and username checks out 👉👉

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166486#Comment_2166486

    I would 100% go with sloppy unless you have the addon that applies mangled. Nobody is going to stay injured for long without sloppy. And if you are doing hit and run you might consider Franklins as well since a couple medkits will completely shut down that playstyle.

    Surge is inferior to pop goes the weasel in most situations; especially on wraith who can quickly make up the lost distance from kicking a gen. It would also go better with dragons grip, though dragons grip is garbage so I’d replace that with basically anything.

    At least change it with make your choice so you are consistently exposing people instead of hoping they touch a gen and still suffering a massive cooldown if they don’t.

    Lol I totally would for make your choice if I had the perk. You are right, I definitely find my self hitting the Second guy in instead of tunneling in case of DS. I also totally would get the pop if I had the killer QQ

  • ? Have you seen me in game ? sorry I don't get the joke :(

  • Ahem. I feel called out.


    @twocansofbean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166529#Comment_2166529

    ? Have you seen me in game ? sorry I don't get the joke :(

    He means my avatar.

  • @twocansofbean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166529#Comment_2166529

    ? Have you seen me in game ? sorry I don't get the joke :(

    It was a joke about Brokenbones,because he/she recommended you Sloppy Butcher,which is his/her profile picture.His/her name also fits to the theme of Sloppy Butcher

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166538#Comment_2166538

    It was a joke about Brokenbones,because he/she recommended you Sloppy Butcher,which is his/her profile picture.His/her name also fits to the theme of Sloppy Butcher

    HAH! that was egotistical thinking the joke was about me :P

  • @twocansofbean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166507#Comment_2166507

    Lol I totally would for make your choice if I had the perk. You are right, I definitely find my self hitting the Second guy in instead of tunneling in case of DS. I also totally would get the pop if I had the killer QQ

    Well I’d probably just dump dragons grip for thanta then. Or honestly NOED since it’s stronger than either really, even if it’s cheap.

    I personally can’t stand playing wraith without chase perks and it’s very hard to do an effective hit and run playstyle without any information perks.

    My favorite hit and run perk is probably discordance since once it lights up you can instantly drop chase and find 2 other people immediately. Otherwise you run the chance not finding anyone fast enough for hit and run to really work, especially if medkits are involved. Doubly so if the users have healing builds to go with those medkits. In those situations you either down people or they heal up in 6-7 seconds and without chase perks getting them down could be extremely difficult.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166534#Comment_2166534

    Well I’d probably just dump dragons grip for thanta then. Or honestly NOED since it’s stronger than either really, even if it’s cheap.

    I personally can’t stand playing wraith without chase perks and it’s very hard to do an effective hit and run playstyle without any information perks.

    My favorite hit and run perk is probably discordance since once it lights up you can instantly drop chase and find 2 other people immediately. Otherwise you run the chance not finding anyone fast enough for hit and run to really work, especially if medkits are involved. Doubly so if the users have healing builds to go with those medkits. In those situations you either down people or they heal up in 6-7 seconds and without chase perks getting them down could be extremely difficult.

    Tbh dragon's grip really helps with snowballing. all I have to do is kick almost 75%+ gen or get a jump on a team of two. and I'm guaranteed a guy is going to come back to proc the dragon's grip. And I stand still so no one see my shimmer and I get a free down. It's very fun.

    Plus I get intel when I leave so I know if the gen is getting worked on. Plus if no one procs the dragon's grip I get 15+ seconds of free regression.

    ######### Instead of sloppy butcher, I think I might try discordance then. I will say with will an arrogant guarantee. If you can chase off two people off gens with wraith, the full health guy will always come back.

  • @twocansofbean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166573#Comment_2166573

    Tbh dragon's grip really helps with snowballing. all I have to do is kick almost 75%+ gen or get a jump on a team of two. and I'm guaranteed a guy is going to come back to proc the dragon's grip. And I stand still so no one see my shimmer and I get a free down. It's very fun.

    Plus I get intel when I leave so I know if the gen is getting worked on. Plus if no one procs the dragon's grip I get 15+ seconds of free regression.

    ######### Instead of sloppy butcher, I think I might try discordance then. I will say with will an arrogant guarantee. If you can chase off two people off gens with wraith, the full health guy will always come back.

    That’s risky though, on the odd chance they don’t come back then you give up a ton of map pressure; probably throwing the game if it’s a full red lobby or a SWF.

    It’s also counterable since everyone will know you have it after the first use, and can bait it out. You might also need to kick a gen without wanting it to proc, and waste the whole 90~ seconds for nothing.

    I rarely use any RNG perks like dragons grip except ruin, which justifies the risk because it’s so strong when it’s alive.