DBD does not have to be a "Horror" game.
I dont get why every complains about trickster and coldwind when they are unique and intresting(at least visually) because DBD is a "horror game". DBD can be whatever kind of game it wants to be. Just because it started out as a strictly horror game doesnt mean it have to stick to that so strictly.
Dont assume its genre
(yeah I just wanted to put this joke in I know dbd is meant to be a horror gam eI just really want to put in this dumb joke)
Comments
So would you enjoy the main antagonist of Resident Evil 8 being a k pop star? Or adding nonhorror aspects like anime to it? I do enjoy the new coldwind. But the trickster is terrible visually
Yeah I would :)
Coldwind is awesome now. the trickster would’ve needed an own map
I was about to make a serious comment about the horror experience and then I realised it was a joke...
Well, I tried :)
He's a serial killer that's also a k pop star. That's like saying would you be okay with a killer being a doctor or a nurse? Neither of those are necessarily horror. It's the rest of what makes up these characters that makes them horror themed.
And honestly, I don't think RE8 having a k pop star as the antagonist would be any worse when RE4 basically had Napoleon.
Devs thought this was going to be a hide and seek game where survivors would be scared of being found by the killer.
It didn't work out.
Argument destroyed with 3 words. I love ya.
I mean its the truth I think a psychotic music artist that goes on murder sprees while touring sounds like an awesome villan
exactly. If the game stuck exactly to its original intention blendettes would be playing the game correctly lol
Massive agree, DBD is a horror-themed survival multiplayer game, not necessarily horror. Plus, horror isn't inherently dark and edgy, campiness and humor is an integral aspect of much of the genre. I don't think hiding in a bush for half an hour is fun gameplay, nor is looking for people hiding in said bushes. If they reeeaallly wanted to have a true horror game, then base gameplay mechanics would need to be reworked or removed entirely.
If only it stayed that way. I'd much prefer a game where there are way more places to hide and no running circles multiple times around a pallet. and instead throwing it down in desperation to get away and go hide somewhere else. HSH plays like this somewhat when survivors run out of stamina.
Agreed tbh, like unironically.
It doesn't need to be horror but old-old Coldwind looked much more pleasing to me aesthetically. It was more about the lighting and structures than the map being darker though.
Would like them to add a very dark map with little visibility and supressed terror radius.
Resident evil is pulp horror sci-fi thru a prism of anime. Wesker is literally a teleporting anime antagonist.
Savage Killer
First playthroughs with no knowledge, dbd excels at horror.
After playing awhile, it becomes horror-themed competitive play, still get a bit jumpy at t1 myers stalking me though
######### time to go rethink my life