Re speculation ( Help me RE FANS! )

So now it's officially three weeks till the 5th-anniversary broadcast, and they just revealed the logo aka the 5. And if we remember last year they used the 4 to show us that the killer was Pyramid Head. However, they may not pull the same trick like they did last time but just to double-check I have to ask...

image.png

Does anything stick out about it, or look familiar from RE at all? Let me know please this will help us figure out what the next killer could be or which RE game they are working with to bring into the game.

EDIT: Spelling error

Comments

  • @Stylez said:

    The black gunk could easily be compared to the Molded from RE:7, which RE:8 is a continuation of that story. Though just a basic Molded as a Killer in DBD would be rather boring and disappointing, so it must be Nemesis, Mr. T, or Lady Dimitrescu.

    The black gunk was also in last years anniversary picture so I wouldn't look too much into it. It's just the dbd logo but extra fancy for the birthday party. It's not going to be Lady D, the chapter has been in works way before the announcement, and they wouldn't waste it just to market the new game that's already going to sell hot cakes.

    dbd4th-1920x1080-final-skull.jpg


  • @KiwiCoattails said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162978#Comment_2162978

    I was coming to post this lol.

    The other connection is that the ‘5’ looks a similar shape to some of the weapons the village folk use in RE4. So the chapter could possibly be Leon + something from RE4?

    I also thought immediately about a sickle (weapon from the village people) or a hook of some sorts..

    but I don’t think they are doing the same thing with the number twice in a row. Not even sure they want to hint at anything, speculation and hype is pretty high already because it’s confirmed to be RE..

  • I can see Nemesis tentacles...

    Licker tongue....

    But im not sure, I think that's too much of a stretch.

  • This is a very unlikely guess but the 5 looks like a sickle.

  • Please don't be RE7.

    I see black goo, the same kind of black goo that we seen in RE7, the molded, the baker family..... Evelin

  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCDW7WWYfVE

    As Space Coconut pointed out, the 5 looks very similar to the sickle used by the Witch Sisters in RE8.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCDW7WWYfVE

    As Space Coconut pointed out, the 5 looks very similar to the sickle used by the Witch Sisters in RE8.

    Yeah it does look like the sickle but I'm not sure if they really are gonna release the witch sisters a the killers, that's kinda a bold moe on Bhvrs part particularly with a series as big as RE

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2164827#Comment_2164827

    Yeah it does look like the sickle but I'm not sure if they really are gonna release the witch sisters a the killers, that's kinda a bold moe on Bhvrs part particularly with a series as big as RE

    It certainly is, although honestly, I'd personally much rather have them than Nemesis or Mr. X.

  • @HealsBadMan said:

    The 5 is obviously Lady Dimitescu's double-wide surprise.

    Yeah it's a double-wide surprise alright, she's very H.O.T!

  • The left side does kind of resemble nemesis covered in the black suit thing in the beginning of the game.

  • I highly doubt it'll be X/Nemesis. I think more likely is a monster/character from RE8 or maybe the OG Tyrant from RE1/0. If it is X/Nemesis I'll be surprised as I don't think they would fit very well.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    I highly doubt it'll be X/Nemesis. I think more likely is a monster/character from RE8 or maybe the OG Tyrant from RE1/0. If it is X/Nemesis I'll be surprised as I don't think they would fit very well.

    Id bet money its not from 8. I don't see capcom lending out brand new assets to another company prior to releasing their game (as in dbd has been working on this chapter for some time now well before re8 comes out this week.) High potential to have re8 info leaked or spoiled for people who wouldn't play re8 for a bit.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    I highly doubt it'll be X/Nemesis. I think more likely is a monster/character from RE8 or maybe the OG Tyrant from RE1/0. If it is X/Nemesis I'll be surprised as I don't think they would fit very well.

    I mean that five does resemble the sickle from 8 that the daughters have, although having them as the killer will be... questionable

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2164972#Comment_2164972

    I mean that five does resemble the sickle from 8 that the daughters have, although having them as the killer will be... questionable

    Ooh good idea. One of the sisters might make more sense. They probably wouldn't want Lady Dimitrescu as she'd the big bad in their own game.

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2164972#Comment_2164972

    Id bet money its not from 8. I don't see capcom lending out brand new assets to another company prior to releasing their game (as in dbd has been working on this chapter for some time now well before re8 comes out this week.) High potential to have re8 info leaked or spoiled spoiled people who wouldn't play re8 for a bit.

    At this point we really don't know, its like two days till launch

1 2 ›