DBD on PC~

It's been a while since I played DBD on PC compared to my PS4, and hunnyyyyyy....


It is so much smoother I almost forgot how good it felt to play on~

Also, they have done so much better optimizing the game on PC~

Comments

  • On some PC's, yes. A lot of us still have terrible optimisation despite having very good PC's that don't have issues with other games.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    On some PC's, yes. A lot of us still have terrible optimisation despite having very good PC's that don't have issues with other games.

    Having an fps unlocker would be great, or at the very least, v-sync so our monitors can get the fps we deserve.

  • @Sleem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2159974#Comment_2159974

    Having an fps unlocker would be great, or at the very least, v-sync so our monitors can get the fps we deserve.

    I'm fine with 60fps, it's the consistent and predictable stuttering and freezing that gets to me.

  • I have a constant 60 FPS on ultra settings with no major hiccups. That said, I've read from others that they have equal or better rigs who DO have issues. I can't explain why that would be.

    I'm also playing on Win7, not Win10, if that makes a difference.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    I have a constant 60 FPS on ultra settings with no major hiccups. That said, I've read from others that they have equal or better rigs who DO have issues. I can't explain why that would be.

    I'm also playing on Win7, not Win10, if that makes a difference.

    I don’t think it does make a difference. My PC uses windows 10 and while I do experience issues with stuttering occasionally, generally speaking the game is fine. I can usually get around 80-90 FPS on Ultra but I typically play on Low because the better fps feels better. Out of curiosity, did you un-cap your FPS?

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160139#Comment_2160139

    I don’t think it does make a difference. My PC uses windows 10 and while I do experience issues with stuttering occasionally, generally speaking the game is fine. I can usually get around 80-90 FPS on Ultra but I typically play on Low because the better fps feels better. Out of curiosity, did you un-cap your FPS?

    I heard that Win10 was worse for some games, but that was when it was first released so I didn't know if it was still a point of contention or not.

    EDIT: Almost forgot, no, I don't uncap my FPS. At least not knowingly. I had horrible screen-tearing when I played with VSync on so I turned THAT off, but that's about the only adjustment I recall making to the game. I also record all my matches so I'm always playing with Bandicam on, so it's hard to know if I'd get more than 60 without it. That said I find 60 perfectly suitable, I have no desire to try to get higher frames that that. So I couldn't say.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160280#Comment_2160280

    I heard that Win10 was worse for some games, but that was when it was first released so I didn't know if it was still a point of contention or not.

    EDIT: Almost forgot, no, I don't uncap my FPS. At least not knowingly. I had horrible screen-tearing when I played with VSync on so I turned THAT off, but that's about the only adjustment I recall making to the game. I also record all my matches so I'm always playing with Bandicam on, so it's hard to know if I'd get more than 60 without it. That said I find 60 perfectly suitable, I have no desire to try to get higher frames that that. So I couldn't say.

    60 is definitely fine sure. It definitely couldn’t hurt to uncap the fps I say. It’s fairly easy. Obviously up to you though.

  • @Gardenia said:

    It's been a while since I played DBD on PC compared to my PS4, and hunnyyyyyy....

    It is so much smoother I almost forgot how good it felt to play on~

    Also, they have done so much better optimizing the game on PC~

    I originally planned on keeping my Xbox save going and continuing rifts in the hopes that cross saves would come, but I simply couldn't go back. I had a lot of time/money on that save and I still hope one day we get cross saves but with the new gen versions I highly doubt it. :(

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160335#Comment_2160335

    60 is definitely fine sure. It definitely couldn’t hurt to uncap the fps I say. It’s fairly easy. Obviously up to you though.

    What's involved, editing the ini? I play to have fun and don't care too greatly if I win or lose, so if a higher FR is basically to gain an advantage I'm fine with 60.

  • Yeah, going from struggling to hit 30 FPS on PS4 to getting a fairly consistent 120 FPS on PC makes it feel like a different game. Plus being able to adjust the crispness and brightness of the game a bit is nice. Game is unplayable for me on console now.

  • @Sleem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2159974#Comment_2159974

    Having an fps unlocker would be great, or at the very least, v-sync so our monitors can get the fps we deserve.

    You can increase the cap to 120 through the game files although I forgot where

  • @Sleem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2159974#Comment_2159974

    Having an fps unlocker would be great, or at the very least, v-sync so our monitors can get the fps we deserve.

    Isn't v-sync enabled by default?

  • @GhostMaceNotCrusty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160042#Comment_2160042

    You can increase the cap to 120 through the game files although I forgot where

    You can go up to 144 iirc, in the GameUserSettings.ini file