What is the most fun way to depip

I am tired of getting red ranks as a green rank killer so any suggestions...Face camping bubba? Trickster spamming knives? Static blasting doc?

Comments

  • @Ryan489x said:

    The fact that people are asking "Hey how can I depip and lower my rank in a fun way bothers me because you did all the work to get to where you are and didn't seem to have a problem then, now that you're ranked higher the game isn't fun anymore?

    Why is that exactly?

    People like the dopamine rush from winning, but don't want to put in effort. So they depip to play against people worse than them so they can win without really trying. Now, I don't understand how someone can still get satisfaction playing like that, they probably need to feed themselves a bunch of reasons why depiping doesn't take away from their victories.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2159812#Comment_2159812

    The earlier ranks are very casual. Win or lose, you don't have to think very hard and everyone's either confused or vibing.

    The higher ranks are saturated with players that take the game more competitively - sometimes in a constructive way, sometimes not. You're more likely to encounter players that get angry at you for playing the game (both your foes and your teammates) and lash out at you afterwards, you're more likely to encounter players that gloat and treat you like crap, and you're much more likely to meet players that BM you throughout the match. As a solo survivor, your ability to escape is going to go down the toilet, and as a killer, you're going to start running into bully squads on the regular. And matchmaking loves to pair you with opponents a tier or two above your rank, especially when the other side's queue is overloaded. So the red rank sweat squads are a problem even for green rank killers, who are woefully unequipped to handle them - but it's more of a warning of things to come than a constant issue.

    People who play to unwind don't want every game to be against people who've worked the game down to a 400-level science, or people whose goal in the game is to make the other side ragequit. Matchmaking will move you upwards as long as you understand what your objectives are, and at purple/reds, every game is going to be a sweatfest, so they derank to move back into the zone where the games were on average chill and enjoyable rather than frustrating and humiliating.

    Like, I'm stuck at rank 4 as a survivor, I'm horrible at looping, and I escape maybe one out of ten matches. The only reason I don't derank is because I can't do that as a survivor without punishing my teammates. The matchmaking will push you above where you belong if you play too many games in a short period of time. But it means I have way less fun playing survivor than I used to - and much less fun than when I play killer, because for killer I can control my rank and stay in an area with a comfortable challenge level (when it's not pairing me with full red SWFs, anyway, but I can take those every once in a while. Every other game and I'd quit DBD immediately.) I'm here to play for fun, not train for a tournament, and running ten rounds around a set of walls before giving up and walking away five times in one game isn't my idea of a good time.

    Tl;dr, people are nastier at high ranks, high ranks are filled with experienced SWFs on comms, and getting completely outplayed is demoralizing. High ranks are less fun than middle/low ranks unless you play for the challenge.

    @BuddhaBing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2159812#Comment_2159812

    People like the dopamine rush from winning, but don't want to put in effort. So they depip to play against people worse than them so they can win without really trying. Now, I don't understand how someone can still get satisfaction playing like that, they probably need to feed themselves a bunch of reasons why depiping doesn't take away from their victories.

    Thank you you explained it so well and I know killers are getting tired of the constant and frustrating state of this game

  • @wxnickxw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/247122/what-is-the-most-fun-way-to-depip

    I don't understand how this would help, I mean with current matchmaking can you still run into reds as rand 20?

    @wxnickxw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/247122/what-is-the-most-fun-way-to-depip

    I don't understand how this would help, I mean with current matchmaking can you still run into reds as rand 20?

    Not as often unless you say in the evening hours

  • @bm33 said:

    Hide and seek with stealth killer. You find a hiding spot, when survivor finds you hit them so they don't follow you, find new spot to hide, repeat. Also if they're running spine chill and you keep setting it off while hiding they tend to miss skill checks if they're nervous about a stealth killer. 😂

    As stealth killer choose a gen to guard. Anytime survivors go near it hit them. This is good on Haddonfield in Myers house, can guard gen and basement chest from being searched.

    As Ghostface find a hiding spot and spend match just marking survivors that come into your view - works best on maps with 2nd floor vantage point. Fun to watch them scatter when marked.

    As Nurse, put on Insidious and NOED, at start of match blink behind exit gate, wait for survivors to finish gens and open gate, surprise them with instadown. You can either watch them crawl out or hook them.

    As Trapper spend match trapping up killer shack (if possible play offering for basement to be in shack), don't bother pressuring survivors, they'll come to you for boldness points. Some survivors will just do gens and leave BUT most really want that basement chest or to undo traps after that last gen is done for extra points. Once last gen is finished go open closest exit, you'll probably hear a trap disarm because a survivor really wants that basement chest before they leave. Make sure you double trap the window because many survivors will think they're out smarting you by disarming outside window trap and climb through window only to be caught in second trap inside. Hook survivor in basement, reset traps, enjoy snowball.

    Thay nurse build is just evil definitely one I will try thanks😂

  • I saw a funny one where you change your name to "Don't wake the beast" and insidious camp your thrill of the hunt totem with NOED, Blood Warden, etc. and just AFK until they cleanse the totem.


    Other options include "######### Doctor" where you play Doctor and just pick one survivor in particular and follow them around zapping them the entire game and doing nothing else. You can also combo it with Rancor, in which case zap the obsession all game, then insta-down them and fry them with Rancor after the final gen pops.


    Franklin's Football. Knock items out of peoples hands with Franklin's Demise and try to keep them from escaping with them.


    Piggyback builds. Agitaiton, Iron Grasp, Mad Grit, and StarStruck maybe, and just carry one survivor around swinging your weapon with 0 cooldown because of Mad Grit.


    Burger King Myers. Combo Vanity Mirror and Judith's Tombstone and you'll be insanely slow, and just chase people around all game.


    The Depipster. Play Trickster. Nuff said. I don't have him but I hear so many complaints about pipping being extremely hard with him. Dunno if it was ever fixed, but if it wasn't, he might be a good option.

  • @Toybasher said:

    I saw a funny one where you change your name to "Don't wake the beast" and insidious camp your thrill of the hunt totem with NOED, Blood Warden, etc. and just AFK until they cleanse the totem.

    Other options include "######### Doctor" where you play Doctor and just pick one survivor in particular and follow them around zapping them the entire game and doing nothing else. You can also combo it with Rancor, in which case zap the obsession all game, then insta-down them and fry them with Rancor after the final gen pops.

    Franklin's Football. Knock items out of peoples hands with Franklin's Demise and try to keep them from escaping with them.

    Piggyback builds. Agitaiton, Iron Grasp, Mad Grit, and StarStruck maybe, and just carry one survivor around swinging your weapon with 0 cooldown because of Mad Grit.

    Burger King Myers. Combo Vanity Mirror and Judith's Tombstone and you'll be insanely slow, and just chase people around all game.

    The Depipster. Play Trickster. Nuff said. I don't have him but I hear so many complaints about pipping being extremely hard with him. Dunno if it was ever fixed, but if it wasn't, he might be a good option.

    Yeah trickster against high wall loops in most stages is a guaranteed depip for the most part but I wanted variety😂 think I will try that piggyback build should be good for memes

  • But then why bother spending the time depipping if your trying to avoid high level players if that's not going to help and it's based just around what time you play

  • Clown with Insidious and NOED. Park yourself in front of your basement box. Soon as the gens are done, go ham. If they escape, they escape. If they fall to NOED, tell them to do bones. You both depip, and give them a helpful service announcement.

  • Slug the entire team and let them bleed out of just insidious bubba.

  • Face camping bubba or slugging bubba with Noed, Franklin's, insidious

  • AFK. Queue in as the killer and watch a movie or cook or something.

  • @Eninya said:

    AFK. Queue in as the killer and watch a movie or cook or something.

    I thought that could be reported

  • @wxnickxw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2167098#Comment_2167098

    But then why bother spending the time depipping if your trying to avoid high level players if that's not going to help and it's based just around what time you play

    I have been getting some lately with green rank and the rest are purple or red rank swf when I play and not even in the evening hours...I rarely play evening killer if I can help it

  • @Rivyn said:

    Clown with Insidious and NOED. Park yourself in front of your basement box. Soon as the gens are done, go ham. If they escape, they escape. If they fall to NOED, tell them to do bones. You both depip, and give them a helpful service announcement.

    And salty end game chat🤣

  • @TWiXT said:

    Think about the Southpark episode Make Love Not Warcraft, which featured the medias idea of what a "stereotypical gamer" looks like:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3NIYJE3LAXCG/gamer-blight-png.png

    With that as the inspiration, I give you the "Stereotypical Gamer" Blight build: Adrenaline Vial + Placebo Tablet add-ons, and whatever perks you think might help you because honestly it won't matter. With this build Blight becomes addicted to energy drinks (Adrenaline Vial), and is overweight while taking the lazy route to get over that with Weight loss supplements (Placebo Tablet), but overall thinks he's a total badass and can still take down survivors irl when he isn't spending his time gaming.

    It's a lot of fun to challenge yourself with this build because it nerfs Blight so hard that I put it up there with the "Heavy Smoker Nurse" and "Burger King Myers" meme builds, wherein if you actually manage to get any kills while using the build... you freaking earned it!

    What is heavy smoker nurse?

  • @TMCalypso said:

    When I don't care about ranks, bloodpoints, or such and just want to mess around, I'll choose Myers and try to race the survivors. Basically, you put both ultra rare add-ons on Myers. So it will take a long time to get to tier 3 but when you do you can kill anyone at any point. The main rule here though....you are not allowed to make any offensive actions against the survivors until you are in tier 3. Perks are your call. The goal is to get tier 3 and kill them before the survivors can finish the gens and leave.

    Truly evil I assume you get brutal killer since you don't get many points for the moris

  • Thanks will try it need more practice with nurse😎

  • Hypothetically, let's say it is. Who would report the killer for being AFK? How would you amass enough reports for something to happen. Everyone wants to de-rank, so you'd be hard pressed to do this.

    Especially since reporting is kind of a pointless system anyway. I've faced the same late-night AFK farming bot multiple games in a row, and even different times of the week.

  • Back in my day if I wanted to depip I'd play as Freddy and walk around the map not putting anyone to sleep. It was really funny watching the survivors get scared and try and hide while having no idea where I was.

  • F1 Billy is a silly way. Basically, find a way to chainsaw sprint around the map continuously. No idea why I enjoyed doing that, but the survivors did seem rather confused!

  • @Eninya said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2169532#Comment_2169532

    Hypothetically, let's say it is. Who would report the killer for being AFK? How would you amass enough reports for something to happen. Everyone wants to de-rank, so you'd be hard pressed to do this.

    Especially since reporting is kind of a pointless system anyway. I've faced the same late-night AFK farming bot multiple games in a row, and even different times of the week.

    Just something I read on the forums...so it isn't bannable that is nice to know

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    F1 Billy is a silly way. Basically, find a way to chainsaw sprint around the map continuously. No idea why I enjoyed doing that, but the survivors did seem rather confused!

    Drift king Billy always fun🤣

1 2 ›