Give some love to Vommy Mommy

Plague is one of the more under appreciated killers in the game and deserves more love. Please fix the issues she has with dedicated servers so she won’t be as frustrating to play anymore, because I really love her power and would like to play her a lot regularly. She’s also one of my favorite killers to go against, unless if I’m trying to get a healing challenge done.

Comments

  • She's getting some love in the next tome, and as a Plague main, I couldn't be happier! (Though I might end up being let down if they turn her into a monster before the realm - there's been a spate of killers made much less sympathetic in their archives...)

    Though some mechanical love would also be appreciated. The two issues I'd like to see fixed with her are her hitboxes (frequently a survivor will scream when schlurfed on, but not get infected), and her Deviousness points. She's one of the lowest scoring killers. You might get 4k if you Corrupt Purge all over the place and have an incredible game with fountains everywhere, but otherwise, you can go out of your way to puke on everything you have a chance to and you're still looking at 2-3k in that category every game. The power values need serious adjustment.

    She also suffers a lot with her Chaser emblems, since sickness damage won't count and survivors generally heal less, but I'm not sure how that could be fixed - it's the same issue instadown killers have with Chaser.

  • I just really want them to fix the issue of her puke not hitting Survivors because of dedicated servers.

    Even though it clearly makes contact with them and they shout and flinch like they're being hit :|

    Aside from that, the fountain spawns on certain maps like Swamp are actually the worst. I'm not asking for every fountain to be next to generators/heavy traffic areas but at least make fountains not ALL be out in the four corners of the map.

  • @Laluzi said:

    She's getting some love in the next tome, and as a Plague main, I couldn't be happier!

    Though some mechanical love would also be appreciated. The two issues I'd like to see fixed with her are her hitboxes (frequently a survivor will scream when schlurfed on, but not get infected), and her Deviousness points. She's one of the lowest scoring killers. You might get 4k if you Corrupt Purge all over the place and have an incredible game with fountains everywhere, but otherwise, you can go out of your way to puke on everything you have a chance to and you're still looking at 2-3k in that category every game. The power values need serious adjustment.

    She also suffers a lot with her Chaser emblems, since sickness damage won't count and survivors generally heal less, but I'm not sure how that could be fixed - it's the same issue instadown killers have with Chaser.

    I’m glad she’s on the next tome too. Hopefully that her gameplay gets some touching as well because she’s super interesting unlike a lot of the killers on the roster. She’s not all about looping and M1ing which I like to see killers that play a different game from other killers. I would love to see more people play her tbh.

    @ukenicky said:

    I just really want them to fix the issue of her puke not hitting Survivors because of dedicated servers.

    Even though it clearly makes contact with them and they shout and flinch like they're being hit :|

    Aside from that, the fountain spawns on certain maps like Swamp are actually the worst. I'm not asking for every fountain to be next to generators/heavy traffic areas but at least make fountains not ALL be out in the four corners of the map.

    Yeah the fountain spawns can be annoying which is something that needs addressing. They need to be closer to the middle which will make her more viable and less RNG based.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2155898#Comment_2155898

    I’m glad she’s on the next tome too. Hopefully that her gameplay gets some touching as well because she’s super interesting unlike a lot of the killers on the roster. She’s not all about looping and M1ing which I like to see killers that play a different game from other killers. I would love to see more people play her tbh.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2155902#Comment_2155902

    Yeah the fountain spawns can be annoying which is something that needs addressing. They need to be closer to the middle which will make her more viable and less RNG based.

    While Swamp spawns are just ridiculous, overall I feel the fountain location is part of her counterplay. Good survivors know to cleanse in inconvenient areas, and the Plague in turn can leave those fountains be to force the next survivors to cleanse in more favorable ones. Now that denying her her power outright isn't really an option, the best you can do is cleanse at strategic times and locations. Not saying all fountains should be in bad locations, just that I think a mix of central and spread out is healthy. Plus, fountains at walls are last-minute godsends when they're close to exit gates or hooks.

  • I just like the name Vommy Mommy, I vote it be her handle.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    She needs a complete overhaul of her puke mechanic. It was clearly made to be used against survivors who run in a straight line, but nobody does this after green ranks. Instead of being a continuous stream of liquid it is consisted of huge particles spaced out by blank spaces, so when you have to puke horizontally to hit a juking survivor you basically have to pray the survivor doesn't go through the empty space.

    I'm also not a fan of having to go around the map to collect her power. The only other killer that plays like this is Trapper and he's the weakest in the game. She needs some way to get Corrupt Purge that isn't dependant on how survivors play and make her able to chanel it.

    What would you propose to do with her? I’m not the best with coming up with ideas but I’d love to talk about what could be done with certain killers.

  • When new Lucky Break and Iron Will will be used by most survivors, most killers will switch to Plague 😀

  • Agreed. Vommy Mommy really deserves some love and, now that you've mentioned it, I haven't see her in a very long time.

  • @DBD78 said:

    When new Lucky Break and Iron Will will be used by most survivors, most killers will switch to Plague 😀

    That is very true

  • @GeneralV said:

    Agreed. Vommy Mommy really deserves some love and, now that you've mentioned it, I haven't see her in a very long time.

    I’ve seen her a few times but it’s not much.

  • i hate how theres no way to counter her power if your teammates are idiots

  • Same. I think the time when I saw most Plagues was around her release, and that says a lot.

  • @swager21 said:

    i hate how theres no way to counter her power if your teammates are idiots

    I like going against corrupt purge. It has a very high skill ceiling and she has to charge it up while being slower than a survivor which is what killers like Slinger and Pyramid Head don’t have.

  • I do forgot she is in the game until someone mentions her. She's a rare sight.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    I do forgot she is in the game until someone mentions her. She's a rare sight.

    It’s so sad. I really hope they give her some love.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2155982#Comment_2155982

    I like going against corrupt purge. It has a very high skill ceiling and she has to charge it up while being slower than a survivor which is what killers like Slinger and Pyramid Head don’t have.

    meanwhile i get hit through walls by it. not to mention how obnoxious her power is on maps like the thompson house. id say freddy is more enjoyable to go against

  • @swager21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2155991#Comment_2155991

    meanwhile i get hit through walls by it. not to mention how obnoxious her power is on maps like the thompson house. id say freddy is more enjoyable to go against

    I think that’s just the game’s coding rather than the fundamental design of the killer.

  • @swager21 said:

    i hate how theres no way to counter her power if your teammates are idiots

    Hide... I have had teams that just vanish for the short time that my purge is up. The same concept should be used for corrupt intervention but nobody does it for some reason.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2155962#Comment_2155962

    They could get rid of getting Corrupt Purge through fountains and give her a passive recharge like Freddy has for his TP. The base recharge duration could be 2 minutes and every fully infected survivor would increase the speed of the recharge. To balance this out, make it so only broken survivors can cleanse.

    I like that idea. I would make it where when the meter does fill up, then she can choose when to use her power and it only last like 60 seconds like before. I’m not sure why Trickster has to start his main event right when he gets it.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2155982#Comment_2155982

    Hide... I have had teams that just vanish for the short time that my purge is up. The same concept should be used for corrupt intervention but nobody does it for some reason.

    its hard to hide when you are coughing.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2155920#Comment_2155920

    While Swamp spawns are just ridiculous, overall I feel the fountain location is part of her counterplay. Good survivors know to cleanse in inconvenient areas, and the Plague in turn can leave those fountains be to force the next survivors to cleanse in more favorable ones. Now that denying her her power outright isn't really an option, the best you can do is cleanse at strategic times and locations. Not saying all fountains should be in bad locations, just that I think a mix of central and spread out is healthy. Plus, fountains at walls are last-minute godsends when they're close to exit gates or hooks.

    Fountain location shouldn't be part of her counter play, she's already 110%(edit: 115%) movement speed so even if survivor don't cleanse at all she'll have a hard time. Also there's only so few situation where a survivor really need to cleanse, if they can cleanse at a ######### location for her it's just ######### bad for her.

    Hey wanna get your power? Get 10miles away for everyone and every gen to walk back at 115%, yay.


    edit: point still stand, with 115% without more mobility it's a chore to get to your fountain.

  • @swager21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2155991#Comment_2155991

    meanwhile i get hit through walls by it. not to mention how obnoxious her power is on maps like the thompson house. id say freddy is more enjoyable to go against

    If you get hit through a wall, it's because there were small holes in that wall, and any ranged killer could snipe you through them. They're pretty hard shots to make - Plague has it easier because she can spray, but even then, the angles mean the stars have to align to get the shot.

    As for the inability to hide, it's kind of an either-or with her. Either you're easy to locate and track, or she has her power. If your teammates start cleansing, and she picks up Corrupt, either keep well out of her terror radius and go in places she won't check (near completed gens is a good one), or follow suit and heal up.

  • @BananaBlooD95 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2155945#Comment_2155945

    Fountain location shouldn't be part of her counter play, she's already 110% movement speed so even if survivor don't cleanse at all she'll have a hard time. Also there's only so few situation where a survivor really need to cleanse, if they can cleanse at a ######### location for her it's just ######### bad for her.

    Hey wanna get your power? Get 10miles away for everyone and every gen to walk back at 110%, yay.

    Eh? Plague's a 115. I play her just fine as an M1 killer. I even run STBFL fairly often, as ill-advised as that might be. (She doesn't need many M1 hits if she uses her power, but Corrupt Purge offers her ways to get rid of the obsession without losing stacks, which is pretty useful to have.)

    She's in a good position either way; either the team is cleansing enough that you're not limited to that one fountain way off in a corner, or they're not cleansing and they're all noisy one-hit downs. The sweet spot where she steamrolls is when you have fountains to spare and you find survivors that are fully infected.

  • @BananaBlooD95 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2155945#Comment_2155945

    Fountain location shouldn't be part of her counter play, she's already 110% movement speed so even if survivor don't cleanse at all she'll have a hard time. Also there's only so few situation where a survivor really need to cleanse, if they can cleanse at a ######### location for her it's just ######### bad for her.

    Hey wanna get your power? Get 10miles away for everyone and every gen to walk back at 110%, yay.

    Plague is 115...

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2156001#Comment_2156001

    If you get hit through a wall, it's because there were small holes in that wall, and any ranged killer could snipe you through them. They're pretty hard shots to make - Plague has it easier because she can spray, but even then, the angles mean the stars have to align to get the shot.

    As for the inability to hide, it's kind of an either-or with her. Either you're easy to locate and track, or she has her power. If your teammates start cleansing, and she picks up Corrupt, either keep well out of her terror radius and go in places she won't check (near completed gens is a good one), or follow suit and heal up.

    no i get hit through brick walls. or as some would say "dedicated"

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2156072#Comment_2156072

    Eh? Plague's a 115. I play her just fine as an M1 killer. I even run STBFL fairly often, as ill-advised as that might be. (She doesn't need many M1 hits if she uses her power, but Corrupt Purge offers her ways to get rid of the obsession without losing stacks, which is pretty useful to have.)

    She's in a good position either way; either the team is cleansing enough that you're not limited to that one fountain way off in a corner, or they're not cleansing and they're all noisy one-hit downs. The sweet spot where she steamrolls is when you have fountains to spare and you find survivors that are fully infected.

    Yeah my bad I edit my last post.


    Still having to reach some stupidly far away fountain hurt her and if survivor are smart they only cleanse when they need it so for the majority of the game, 66%-75% she's an M1 killer vs injured survivor

  • @BananaBlooD95 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2156074#Comment_2156074

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2156087#Comment_2156087

    Yeah my bad I edit my last post.

    Still having to reach some stupidly far away fountain hurt her and if survivor are smart they only cleanse when they need it so for the majority of the game, 66%-75% she's an M1 killer vs injured survivor

    Yeah, that can be a pain when playing Plague. I feel like there should be something done with her where it's less dependant on the survivors whether or not she can use her corrupt purge.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2156129#Comment_2156129

    Yeah, that can be a pain when playing Plague. I feel like there should be something done with her where it's less dependant on the survivors whether or not she can use her corrupt purge.

    I'm ok with her having to kinda force survivor to cleanse like to unhook a survivor who's well placed between a 3gen or basement but the fountain's location are just bad for her.