Wraith is fine strength wise, but goddamn is he boring to play as and against. He's always been one of my least liked killers, and now since he's been buffed it's even worse.
That doesn't mean he should be nerfed or anything though, I just personally really don't like him.
Wraith is fine strength wise, but goddamn is he boring to play as and against. He's always been one of my least liked killers, and now since he's been buffed it's even worse.
That doesn't mean he should be nerfed or anything though, I just personally really don't like him.
Just that he takes no skill to play. The same reason why people hate Freddy.
All he does is cloak and uncloak. That's it.
Now, when I say "he takes no skill" obviously that's not entirely true. It does take some skill to learn how to body-block while cloaked, yes it takes skill to time his lunges coming out of cloak. But compared to almost every other killer in the game his kit is just not that skillful or interactive.
Just that he takes no skill to play. The same reason why people hate Freddy.
All he does is cloak and uncloak. That's it.
Now, when I say "he takes no skill" obviously that's not entirely true. It does take some skill to learn how to body-block while cloaked, yes it takes skill to time his lunges coming out of cloak. But compared to almost every other killer in the game his kit is just not that skillful or interactive.
he takes a lot more skill than you think, still easy, but not as easy as others, you definitely can stupid with his power and how to use it effectively, he's my most played, and from that I've improved on him specifically a lot, his power has to be used in the mind and hands
Just that he takes no skill to play. The same reason why people hate Freddy.
All he does is cloak and uncloak. That's it.
Now, when I say "he takes no skill" obviously that's not entirely true. It does take some skill to learn how to body-block while cloaked, yes it takes skill to time his lunges coming out of cloak. But compared to almost every other killer in the game his kit is just not that skillful or interactive.
I won’t lie I’m surprised you didn’t bring up the addons.
I don't really have a problem with any of his add-on's.
I do agree that wraiths power suffers by being one of the originals in terms of simplicity. I personally think they should add stuff to make going uncloaked for more than 2 seconds an actual realistic option instead of just the m1 killer he becomes now
Tbh he still needs some work yes he is significantly better now and if they left him as is I'd be okay with that but he's still on the weaker side of killers imo.
He is fine when compared to other killers. This little buff put him on Ghostface's level at least. He still can't beat top % squads but that's a thing only spirit and nurse can do.
I don't play against him very often but it's always a welcome sight. Maybe there's some addons that are busted and I haven't realized yet but I like how he is
You need a few low skill-floor killers to let players do well with. While Wraith is powerful now, he doesn't reach the level of the more technically adept killers that reward skill better like Huntress or Nurse. A good Nurse or Huntress is still better than a good Wraith
Wraith has always been a low tier M1 killer, and still is. Now he just has a better chance at map mobility and more addon flexibility, which is always a good buff for neglected killers.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The only annoying thing about these recent wraith changes is how long it took to get them
Wraith is fine strength wise, but goddamn is he boring to play as and against. He's always been one of my least liked killers, and now since he's been buffed it's even worse.
That doesn't mean he should be nerfed or anything though, I just personally really don't like him.
May I ask what exactly about him bothers you?
Just that he takes no skill to play. The same reason why people hate Freddy.
All he does is cloak and uncloak. That's it.
Now, when I say "he takes no skill" obviously that's not entirely true. It does take some skill to learn how to body-block while cloaked, yes it takes skill to time his lunges coming out of cloak. But compared to almost every other killer in the game his kit is just not that skillful or interactive.
so true guy!
he takes a lot more skill than you think, still easy, but not as easy as others, you definitely can stupid with his power and how to use it effectively, he's my most played, and from that I've improved on him specifically a lot, his power has to be used in the mind and hands
I won’t lie I’m surprised you didn’t bring up the addons.
He still needs a little something, he is still just Wraith. Can easily be dealt with.
I don't really have a problem with any of his add-on's.
I do agree that wraiths power suffers by being one of the originals in terms of simplicity. I personally think they should add stuff to make going uncloaked for more than 2 seconds an actual realistic option instead of just the m1 killer he becomes now
I need a Wraith theme.
None of the above, he's underpowered.
Wraith's in his best state right now, and even then he's not the best Killer out there. Just a lot more enjoyable and less underwhelming than before.
I wish you could add more poll options because I forgot to add one saying he's still weak.
Like music for him? He got true invisibility and his base-kit buff, he's practically reworked! BHVR, give him the treatment, will ya?
I like how the person who said that hese annoying and unbalanced clearly isnt above rank 15
Tbh he still needs some work yes he is significantly better now and if they left him as is I'd be okay with that but he's still on the weaker side of killers imo.
He's balanced, but he's never used as intended (Sneak up, hit, chase)
It's always just uncloak, FUCKN NYOOOm, hit, cloak, catch up, uncloak, FUCKNN NYOOOm, pallet stun, cloak, etc.
He's just kind of boring, although I think all things considered he's balanced
He is fine when compared to other killers. This little buff put him on Ghostface's level at least. He still can't beat top % squads but that's a thing only spirit and nurse can do.
I don't play against him very often but it's always a welcome sight. Maybe there's some addons that are busted and I haven't realized yet but I like how he is
You need a few low skill-floor killers to let players do well with. While Wraith is powerful now, he doesn't reach the level of the more technically adept killers that reward skill better like Huntress or Nurse. A good Nurse or Huntress is still better than a good Wraith
If you're referring to me, wow, way to make baseless accusations, and to not read.
"That doesn't mean he should be nerfed or anything though, I just personally really don't like him."
I literally said I don't think Wraith should be nerfed, just that I find him boring.
I didnt quote you ;) i quoted the person who chose the option that wraith is unbalanced. Only one person chose that option and ut wasn't you
Wraith has always been a low tier M1 killer, and still is. Now he just has a better chance at map mobility and more addon flexibility, which is always a good buff for neglected killers.
You're allowed to dislike playing against a killer, I don't blame them.
But yeah Wraith is def not unbalanced
i'd like to see wraith given a little more love to add a bit more depth to his gameplay, but his current state is quite good