how do you feel about killers who end up helping the survivors.

Personally I appreciate it, one game was like this after a bad day of getting owned by several killers, it was a legion and I was either Nancy or Feng in the backwater swamp, the legion was really good and he had gotten a lot of us done, we had some good escapes but it came down to three of us, since he had killed someone. He led us to gens and everything also letting us escape as he farmed for points he would injure us then we'd heal yk.

Comments

  • If I am having a run of bad games, I appreciate it from time to time. But , honestly I rarely like to farm. I prefer the challenge of getting better, and the only way for that to happen is to practice against those of equal or better skill.

    As a killer I will do this if it appears the survivors are clearly outmatched. Although like I said, I won't necessarily farm, I just go afk and let them do gens and leave.

  • Couldn't care less as long as both parties are happy for it. Legion is a points pinata so he was most likely farming BP. I sometimes do this as Legion, it really depends if the survivors choose to grief or not as to whether i let them go or not.

  • As long as it is win-win for both it is fine by me as it is a rare experience. As a survivor, I wouldn't want it to happen frequently.

    However killers who spawn and don't move (i.e. there is a Wraith who cloaks and does nothing). Survivors end up losing rank just so the killer can do so also, with the objective of facing lesser ranked survivors.

  • I'd rather die on the hook then farm with the killer. I find farming boring af.

  • I dont mind farming killers at all. The amount of BP you get as survivor is ridiculously low, so if the killer wants to farm for points, I'll join.

  • @kassamell said:

    Personally I appreciate it, one game was like this after a bad day of getting owned by several killers, it was a legion and I was either Nancy or Feng in the backwater swamp, the legion was really good and he had gotten a lot of us done, we had some good escapes but it came down to three of us, since he had killed someone. He led us to gens and everything also letting us escape as he farmed for points he would injure us then we'd heal yk.

    It's boring and most of the time unfair since the people the killer let's escape are just troll survivors while the survivors who actually tried to play the game got killed. Same with giving the hatch, never seen a single killer who gave a deserved hatch, they always give it to the most selfish noob survivor who let all his teammates die so he could get the hatch

  • The only time I find farming acceptable is if you've got some ridiculously difficult archives challenge. Completing some of the master challenges is damn near impossible for people who play in solo queue.

  • @RenTheCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/245615/how-do-you-feel-about-killers-who-end-up-helping-the-survivors

    It's boring and most of the time unfair since the people the killer let's escape are just troll survivors while the survivors who actually tried to play the game got killed. Same with giving the hatch, never seen a single killer who gave a deserved hatch, they always give it to the most selfish noob survivor who let all his teammates die so he could get the hatch

    I had originally start doing gen and i had done one, and another with help from another survivor while another survivor had gotten hooked people, sometimes i would get some but in the end i sacrificed myself because i had already gotten enough out of the game and wanted to be nice ig

  • I show mercy quite a lot if the game goes really well for me. But with how consistently I get spammed in Xbox messages post match it sometimes makes me reconsider, thinking this guy I’m about to give hatch to would likely be calling my mother a ***** ********* ** ***** **** lol.

  • I don't like farming, but if I get a couple teammates that are really bad and quit in the opening seconds of the game, I do appreciate the opportunity to salvage a few BP out of it.

    From the killer side, I'll show leniency if the situation warrants it. While I play hard, there are just certain lines I don't cross

    • If you get stuck in the terrain, I'll do my best to free you and then give you a head start once your free.
    • If it appears to me you got screwed over by the games contextual controls. Such as I'm chasing you and it clearly looks like you were going for a vault but suddenly tried to open a chest or locker just as you got to said window vault. (I haven't seen this happen in a long time, but it used to be a regular thing until the devs started making passes on the map to fix it) In those cases I'll down you, but I'll likely just walk away instead of hooking you.
    • If the team loses people 2 two instant disconnects before I get a single proper chase, I'll let people farm. For 1 instant disconnect, I'll grant survivors one extra hook if they don't seem to be good at evading me. The "extra hook" is simply me carrying them to a hook, but then dropping them. Each survivor just gets one of those to make up for the lost teammate. After they get their freebee, the gloves come off.
  • If I'm already having a lot of ######### survivor matches. The last thing I want to do is be a point sponge for a killer. If they refuse to kill me because I won't farm, I'll DC and wait it out. I'm not about to help someone farm.

  • As a killer I like to farm with last survivor only if I down them. Ill let them do a gen while I look for hatch. Ill let them pallet stun me and stuff like that.

    Survivor BP is so low and hatch escape is an extra 7500BP alone. Plus it helps me get extra chase points and I got mostly golden/iri emblems at that point. So one extra hook will cost me what 800BP maybe 1600 with BBQ. I think I can give the last survivor the 7500 vs. My 1600 lol its a game and rankings can be stressful so its good to meet some good friends on here. I had a survivor add me and we played SWF after.

    I did have a match where survivors wanted to farm. I killed the person before I noticed lol I thought they were sandbagging pointing to the lockers lol

  • @kassamell said:

    Personally I appreciate it, one game was like this after a bad day of getting owned by several killers, it was a legion and I was either Nancy or Feng in the backwater swamp, the legion was really good and he had gotten a lot of us done, we had some good escapes but it came down to three of us, since he had killed someone. He led us to gens and everything also letting us escape as he farmed for points he would injure us then we'd heal yk.

    Honestly, I'm part of those very few killers who, in these instances, let people go. And I do give the hatch to the last survivor, if he was not toxic. Not always, of course, but pretty often. It all depends on how they played and how toxic they were. If they were good enough, I might give them the hatch. If they were too weak, I might give them the hatch. If they t-bag/flashlight click, they are going on the hook and I am making sure they don't come off.


    Just a couple days ago I let 2 people go on The Game, after I killed two of them, as the Trickster. I farmed for some points and they did too, then I opened the gate and let them go. They were missing something like 3-4 gens.

  • My own personal preference is that I never want to farm. To me it's boring beyond description. I would rather lose and lose badly several games in a row than have one single game where farming takes place. If I get notified in lobby that the killer plans to farm I will very nicely leave the lobby and let them find someone that wants to take part. If I get into a match and realize that is what the killer is doing I'll just DC and eat the 5 minute penalty.

    I'm fine with a killer carrying the last survivor to the hatch or to the gate. That doesn't force anyone to play in a non-competitive match. If a killer doesn't give me the option in the lobby to opt out I'm totally against it. You shouldn't force people to have to make a choice between playing in a "non-match" or quit and get a penalty.

  • I'm okay with it. I like having normal games, but I'll farm if the killer makes their intentions clear. Just like I'll farm as killer and try to make my intentions clear if there's a disconnect or if I think the survivors are nice and they can help me get an archive challenge.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2142204#Comment_2142204

    Tbh if I farm it's because I'm stomping. Rarely do I see survivors who want to farm because they are stomping the killer.

    And if I farm with them, they aren't escaping. I'm getting a tonne of bp and they can't do ######### against it. They have been given the bp consolation prize, they don't deserve the escape. I want those sacrifice points personally.

    And even then I only farm if 2 people DC almost of the start when it's winnable for the survivors because I felt bad.

    Fair enough, I understand that. I may just kill them quickly and move on to the next one.