Trash camping
So tired of killers who decide to camp every person they hook. I can not wait until they start penalizing for it.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Nothing will change. Killers dontcamp to to get a good emblem score.
Those who don't care about rank still will.
If it gives an advantage in the situation, they still will.
If they are annoyed by you, they still will.
This is just a pure guess, but unless they're going for the R1 achievement, you're not going to encounter much less campers.
It is in the survivors power to penalise them for it by doing gens.
Quit camping they say, it's what baby killers do.
Ok so maybe killers can get an incentive to not camp and hunt other survivors. Like BBQ?
Quit running BBQ they say, it's what baby killers use.
You guys are just an endless circle of QQs. Unless you are able to hold M1 down the entire round, you're just not happy. Maybe you need to improve your skills if you are always caught by camping killers.
1749206 posts have said it: stick to your generator. That's the way to prevent camping. If you try to go for the save, you get what's coming to you
so just to make things clear:
you ######### up several times:
you screwed up the stealth game, you screwed up the first part of the hunt AND you screwed up the second part of the hunt and now you come here complain about the killer killing you.
instead of going to the forums crying about the killer doing his job, get better at the game ffs!
If I go afk deranking and give the survivors the possibilty to hold M1 the entire game, then they are not happy either
What patch is this? Save blocks or real "face camping" was patched out long ago.
Rank 13 survivor spotted.
which comment do you mean? you literally posted 2 things in this discussion, the 1st being the discussion itself, where you complain about camping and then a comment where you explain what camping is.
and if you complain about camping, that usually means, that you were the guy on the hook, since why would i complain if i get a free win? i just grab as many points as i can and leave, no problem with that.
so why do ppl like you complain about camping?
easy answer: cause you are the guy on the hook, got no chance of making any points and will lose a pip, and there is nothing you can do about this.
see?
when you complained about camping, you complained about the killer killing you, or even your friend, that does not even matter. fact is: the person on the hook screwed up and now gets heavily punished for it.
just live with the consequences then ^^
same question.
you obviously didnt read the part of my answer where is said, that it doesnt even matter who is on the hook, so ima gonna ask the same question to you ^^
Triggered bro. That last killer must have really jacked your world up. I bet it was like a Freddy or a Pig too, wasn't it?
they will never fix this issue.
campers mark themselves as nubs, that's their punishment.
just avoid to lose time around the hook with the camper and go do those fkin gens: the max they can get this way is 2k, not more.
and the complains go on...
calm down there buddy.
why shouldnt i keep responding?
i just think its funny how you complain about anything a killer does, except letting himself get bullied and give you an ez escape, so yeah. ima gonna stick around
If you think there will be less people camping because of the emblem:
Just play killer some time and do 2 things while you're at it: understand the root of the problem, and lead by example. If you're not willing to do that, feel free to keep complaining against the very core of the mechanics of the game.
Hundreds of threads already talking about this. SMH. The equivalent of complaining about survivors running in circles or "gen rushing". Work around it.
I know I'm newer to the game but since joining the forum I feel like I only want to camp now. Survivor mains really seem upset that they can get caught by the killer and not get a free unhook. Did I miss a memo where getting a guaranteed kill by patrolling the area to keep survivors from unhooking, and maybe getting another hook isn't allowed?
I've actually gotten hate mail for shouldering a survivor who was attempting a rescue. Am I supposed to watch, if I was why is that mechanic in the game!?
Blocking the unhook prompt AKA Facecamping is no longer possible.
It was patched 1 year ago.
Go back under the bridge.
Here it comes...
G i t
u
d
They should start penalizing for doing gens while killers carry downed survivors
Camping is a strategy, it exists in every game. And in the end it only hurts the killer. Go do the gens. The only downside is a survivor getting one-hooked and ruining one game for them. I just had 2 games in under 5 minutes as clown and myers, because survivors were swarming the hook and I slugged all of them. Sometimes survivors force killer to camp the hook. It wasn't fun but I'm not gonna move away so that they can instantly save that person.
I get that I was more adding that no matter what you do, face camping or patrolling, you are going to get salty survivors.
Yeah, you missed the "100 made up rules of chivalrious gameplay, in a game about killing each other"
That's what I thought when I didn't understand why was it "normal" for survivors to run around in circles like in the old timey cartoons. The answer is, I hadn't played neither enough time as a survivor, nor at a high enough rank to get the grasp of it. Once I did, I was enlightened. For survivors to survive, they may need to loop. For killers to kill, they may need to camp.
Edit: They both ubersuck. But it's the core mechanics of the game that allow it / encourage it.
Rank 13 spotted indeed
I'm currently in the 8-10 rank range as a survivor. I'm generally okay with camping, and consider it a valid strategy (I've defended it plenty of times here). However, for some reason since the DLC dropped the amount of camping I encounter seems to have exploded. It even occurs in situations where it makes no sense whatsoever - last night I actually played against a Hag running MYC who camped every single hook she got. I don't mind it occasionally, but running into it constantly is very, very tiring.
You were dealing with "not the sharpest tool in the shed" certainly. So what, move on to the next game. The equivalent of encountering the clicky clicky teabagging DS looper types constantly. So what, move on to the next game. They will not penalize any of those, ever.
Or are you actually meme-ing and saying hag traps are counted as camping? (joking)