Why Can’t Survivors Just Leave?

Why do you have to stand at the exit gate constantly tbagging? Oh wow. You managed to do all the gens in a huge map like shrine against Clown and get away? That deserves to rub it in the Clown’s face. I like the fact most of the these on here complain about facecamping and tunneling but the minute those exit gates open being nice and civil goes out the window. Time to tbag and be a dickweasel to the killer. Even if he didn’t tunnel or camp.

Comments

  • @Baby_Victor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2137551#Comment_2137551

    why are you focusing so much on how serious one might take DbD. You want to say “it’s just a game bro” but in a proper and sophisticated manner? Okay, I’ll agree this is a game, I’ll even agree that your free to play the game as “intensely” as you want.

    I merely presented my viewpoint that gifting a hit to the killer at the door isn’t ‘nice’ and despite intentions from the survivor, I view it as toxic and I tried to clearly state my opinion as clearly as possible.

    Not sure what your doing. At first you brought up your viewpoint about it being a sign of respect, comparing it to sportsmanship and you’ve quickly devolved the conversation to the point where you....what, vaguely point out that I should start defining every word I use so you can more clearly “own” me?

    Just focus on sharing your opinion, like everybody else dood, an stop trying to cut me down.

    Even if this is a leisure activity, I would still like players to play the game as their respective roles seriously. I don’t think that is “intense”.


    Alright, you seem a bit agitated. Let's take the temperature down a bit. I guess I should have spent a few more words on things along the way:

    Here's a recap with elaboration: It's not fair to malign large groups of people with ill intent because you believe they are either being toxic or "pitying" when they stay in the exit gate area. There are plenty of other possible explanations for this and consistently zeroing in on the most negative possibility is a well documented dysfunctional thought mechanism most widely known as "mind reading". It's generally not good for a person to approach a lot of situations with this manner of thinking, which is why I pointed to your opinion of other's motives as being a likely "internal issue" as opposed to an "external" one. Meaning that it's very possible that there's a lot less ill intent out there than you think there is. However, if you're looking for ill intent you're always going to manage to find it somewhere, even if it doesn't exist. I think dbd naturally magnifies some of this, because it's a game that is literally meant to be devoid of communication, and therefore people have the ability to project a lot of interesting motives on virtual meat puppets.

    As stated, I don't find it to be toxic when these things happen when I play killer or survivor, which I added in direct contravention to your statement that "nobody likes the pity hit". That statement assumes that everyone else agrees with you, which is incorrect because at least one person doesn't agree with you, and based on this thread, there are more. If you think that there's a toxic element coming from nameless faceless and generally conversation-less people in the ether, then that type of thinking can potentially frustrate you or make you feel like garbage for no good reason at all, with enough exposure. These things also tend to self-reinforce when they are not interrupted by some outside force saying "Hey, that's not necessarily how it is."

    I also stated that it seems like you play the game with an intensity that many may not - which is a way of communicating that if it bothers you enough to be a discussion-worthy issue then it's possible you're placing too much importance on it. Meaning that you're supposed to be having fun while playing dbd, not getting frustrated. Occasionally I get frustrated playing dbd (I think everyone has these moments), and sometimes finding something else to do ends up providing a lot more utility than dbd does. Most often though, I have a blast playing dbd, and I hope you do too.

    As for the last post, I stated that you might not be approaching recreation appropriately, which is both cohesive and thematic with all of my replies thus far. I also expressed some concern about just how much impact you felt that dbd could have on individuals, to the point of causing them harm. This seems relatively extreme for what amounts to a bunch of lights on a screen, and I truly hope that you don't feel like dbd, or anyone in it, has the ability to cause you any harm.

    Anyway, I hope that smooths out any misunderstandings, and you have a great time playing dbd

  • They pretty much complain about everything the killer does, even if it's just a game and he can play like he wants. And once a killer plays the way survivors want they escape and start being toxic, I recommend just playing Nurse and you will never lose again. I usually just record the whole thing and make a ticket for taking the game hostage, because that's exactly what it is. Not leaving and instead just staying in making the game longer for no reason.

  • Even though I don't feel like reading everything I'm pretty sure it's been said by someone: I wanna make sure my teammates are fine. Once I'm sure of it I leave. I'll stay in the gates for as long as I need to make sure I don't have to go back in and rescue anyone.

  • That is why just force them out. I always force people out, and If they let me ill take the free hits for the points lol.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2137453#Comment_2137453

    idk what to even to say other than that it's just ironic that you think survivors who try to give killers free hits is toxic. Some people even will give them a kill when they've struggled.

    Thats a lie and you know it. It's for wglf stacks, or you're just dangling the free hit only to dead hard. So yes, it's toxic.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    Why do you have to stand at the exit gate constantly tbagging? Oh wow. You managed to do all the gens in a huge map like shrine against Clown and get away? That deserves to rub it in the Clown’s face. I like the fact most of the these on here complain about facecamping and tunneling but the minute those exit gates open being nice and civil goes out the window. Time to tbag and be a dickweasel to the killer. Even if he didn’t tunnel or camp.

    I never tea bag, unless its a camper and I get away, I will tea bag you all the way home cause of the ######### way you play.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    I always stay in the match because I wanna give a killer a hit, I don't teabag at the gates because I think it's unsportsmanlike.

    Lol give me a break, you want the extra points for chase and escape. Spare me the nice guy thoughts.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    Why do you have to stand at the exit gate constantly tbagging? Oh wow. You managed to do all the gens in a huge map like shrine against Clown and get away? That deserves to rub it in the Clown’s face. I like the fact most of the these on here complain about facecamping and tunneling but the minute those exit gates open being nice and civil goes out the window. Time to tbag and be a dickweasel to the killer. Even if he didn’t tunnel or camp.

    Not me brother,,I play solo survivor and if I am lucky enough to win I get my butt out of there, no reason to rub it in or do dumb things.

  • I only teabag if the killer was being toxic. Otherwise, I stay for the escape chase points, or to let the killer get a hit

  • alt tab and make them waste time while you browse net, works every time

  • @Baby_Victor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2137551#Comment_2137551

    why are you focusing so much on how serious one might take DbD. You want to say “it’s just a game bro” but in a proper and sophisticated manner? Okay, I’ll agree this is a game, I’ll even agree that your free to play the game as “intensely” as you want.

    I merely presented my viewpoint that gifting a hit to the killer at the door isn’t ‘nice’ and despite intentions from the survivor, I view it as toxic and I tried to clearly state my opinion as clearly as possible.

    Not sure what your doing. At first you brought up your viewpoint about it being a sign of respect, comparing it to sportsmanship and you’ve quickly devolved the conversation to the point where you....what, vaguely point out that I should start defining every word I use so you can more clearly “own” me?

    Just focus on sharing your opinion, like everybody else dood, an stop trying to cut me down.

    Even if this is a leisure activity, I would still like players to play the game as their respective roles seriously. I don’t think that is “intense”.

    giving killers free hits isn't toxic for the last time, and you're not gonna convince me or people otherwise so you can just leave it at that.

  • They just want to remind you: Can't touch this

  • @Killerdonut80 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2137432#Comment_2137432

    Lol give me a break, you want the extra points for chase and escape. Spare me the nice guy thoughts.

    yeah because they gen rushed the match, they end the game to early so they want to prolong the game an extra time when the escape is secured. to get extra chase points maybe. XD

  • @Baby_Victor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2137432#Comment_2137432

    Well stop it. We barely get any points and half of the survivors are just fishing for WGLF stacks or at-bag session.

    nobody feels good about the pity hit and your wasting everyone’s time~

    Nah. As both killer and survivor, I want as many points as possible. So a free hit as killer or some more chase/escape points as survivor is appreciated.

  • Why put a single thought into this at all? There is a form of taunting in every game, every sport, every career, etc. They're doing it to get under your skin. The fact that posts and comments about tbagging show up multiple times a day show that it works and anyone who does tbag will see these posts/comments and think "Good, it's really pissing them off :)" and do it more.

    The more people ignore tbagging or treat it as no big deal, the less it will happen.

  • @Retromind said:

    alt tab and make them waste time while you browse net, works every time

    that's it's a good idea actually or sometimes you can use your ability to get extra points. like hillBilly sprint or brake windows or pallets.

    you don't have to go to the gate

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2137460#Comment_2137460

    i'll leave when the timer is low because that's when I assume the killer won't even come. I went against a trickster and I tried giving him a free hit not even close to the edge of the gate and he just stood there. Why am I being called a toxic survivor for trying to be nice??? It seems like you think survivors in general are all toxic.

    You get a massive boost to emblem for losing the chase while hitting you out the gate actually hurts the killers emblem.

  • I'm actually fine with getting a 0k in an extremely unfair match if the survivors are nice for a change.


    For example, last night I was playing Nurse. On Badham. Against a red ranked 4man SWF running all meta perks. I'm level 51, rank 12, and my Nurse level is 26. It went as well as you could expect under those circumstances.


    But I was barely even upset, despite my notoriously thin skin. You wanna know why?

    Because they were completely non-toxic. They even apologized for the game's ######### matchmaking. They actually acknowledged just how outclassed I was. Plus, I didn't get that angry, disapproving "Entity Displeased" sound effect.

    They did their absolute best, and to be honest, they kind of deserved their 4 escapes. I wouldn't have had the match go any other way.

  • They're got going to stop, it's childish yes but it's a very ingrained part of this game's culture.

    Focus on getting some points, or your next match, or what you're going to do after playing dbd.

    You can chase them out and try and get some points or go around the map breaking pallets and walls for the same purpose, or go afk, take off your headphones for when the vault spam starts and get yourself a drink or something.

    There's no point scrutinising it. Why would survivors do this when you've played nice and you're playing clown with meme perks and they're a running the meta etc etc. It doesn't matter. Their intentions or justifications don't matter. They don't really matter either, you're probably never going to see them again and if they want to spend the last two minutes of your time together teabagging thin air at an exit gate you aren't even near, well we all have our own definitions of fun.

    If you're determined to punish it in some way, noed + bloodwarden + slinger. But I think training yourself not to care is more productive.

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    Teabagging has been done for years in games to show that someone is better than another. It was very prominent in Halo 3. God, I love that game. It's the same here. Show's the person is better than another. Never changed.

    Imagine showing "you're better than the other" by repeatedly pressi ctrl.

  • @Baby_Victor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2137495#Comment_2137495

    If playing the game as intended is intense to you, maybe your playing at an overly relaxed level that is indirectly hurting the others around you~

    This game its intended to be played casually- so i think it's you that are hurting yourself by taking it too seriously

  • I just find it funny that survivors have a long list of rules for killers to follow but they can act however they want to the killer cause that’s just how they play.

1 2 ›