Disable function or info for playing against swf
I don't want to play against swf. They have unfair advantages that are not in the normal game. I'm not the best killer and just want to have fun and not get bullied.
Give killers a option to disable swf like crossplay or make the name color change when they are playing together.
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
I dont think people realise doing this could be what kills the game.
there are SWF that play without those „unfair advantages“ (I think you are talking about any form of voice comms). And not all SWFs with voice comms play optimally or „bully“ the killer.
also SoloQs could easily use voice comms, just by exchanging discord info in pre-game lobby.
I'm thinking about playing swf with my friends without voice comms. How is it? Is it fun? And do you just plan out before hand what your perks are or do you go in completely blind?
We play it like a regular game... using pre game chat to discuss perks/offerings...and then just play the game out like you are with 3 randoms. We just use the point/come emotes a lot with eachother like we do with everyone. Whether we use comms or not our escape rates are basically the same - all depends on killer, map, overall perks etc... some people on here like to make it sound like SWFs are unbeatable with comms, but I prefer to go on personal statistics and facts and not hyperbole.
I'm with you on this. I've very rarely seen god tier SWF bully teams, I think I've played against 1 team in the last few months.
I play SWF, even if we're on Discord we tend to not be talking about the game anyway and are just chatting about other stuff, we also troll each other way too much.
A lot of times when playing solo I've been accused of playing in a SWF because we've worked together and taken hits to save someone etc. It's definitely not a purely SWF thing.
I also prefer playing against SWF when playing killer, they tend to be far more altruistic and go in to make saves instead of hiding around the map and as I love chases, this type of playstyle is far more interesting to me. I don't want to play hide and seek to try to find the P3 Claudette hiding in the corner of a map.
If you enjoy playing against SWF as killer then what is the issue with adding an option to opt in to SWF. There are going to be like minded people like you that want to go against SWF; but there's also going to be a large portion who do not like going against SWF because it is seen as a form of cheating, alongside the bullying.
Because SWF queues would end up insanely long and people would quit the game?
SWF isn't cheating, just like Tunnelling and Camping isn't cheating.
We all have our opinions. Queues would not be a problem according to this forum as a lot of killers seems to enjoy facing SWF. So by that standard people who do not want to face SWF would have longer queues which i imagine most would be fine with. The fact the game does not even have in game voice comms is a clear indication it is a form of cheating whether you like it or not. Name any game that is team based and does not let you use in game comms without third party?
People will say that it would never happen because killers would just avoid them, but for me that should highlight a problem in itself.
Of course it highlights a problem. Solo players need tools to emulate the level of coordination that SWFs have.
If that ends up making survivors as a whole stronger, buff killers as well.
SWF is not cheating, neither is chatting with your friends on Discord whilst playing.
I only play solo and I honestly think that the only thing solos need more than anything is SBM to be implemented. In my experience the majority of bad matches happen because of the teammates I've been paired with, so if everyone was on the same level it would help a lot when playing solo.
So therefore turning off SWF would be a 100% improvement for a killer, right?
So why would any killer NOT turn them off?
SWFs make up a minority of survivors. Killer queues would not be negatively impacted by turning off SWF. But survivors in SWF will have their queue time skyrockets, because as a minority of players, they are unable to be matched against a majority of killers.
Like i said in my previous comment. Name a game that is a team based game and does not have in game voice comms. That right there is clear indication this game was not initially designed to be played as it is played now.
Secondly, I never said turn SWF off. I said give the option to disable SWF or add game modes where you Can opt out of SWF. I would not say SWF are the minority by a long shot. I get much longer queues as a survivor than i do as a killer. I don't know if PC is any different but nearly every game is SWF on console. Hell even when i solo queue i get people sending me party invites...
That doesn't negate the fact there are a lot of SWFs which utilize voice comms and gain advantages.
Also since the game itself doesn't offer in-game voice comms or text base chatting system mid game, "solo ques can use voice comms" is a weak excuse.
You can say it's fair if there is an in-game voice comms and solo ques can just communicate with other players during the match, but the reality is not.
That doesn't negate the fact there are a lot of SWFs which utilize voice comms and gain advantages.
Also since the game itself doesn't offer in-game voice comms or text base chatting system mid game, "solo ques can use voice comms" is too weak excuse.
You can say it's fair if there is an in-game voice comms and solo ques can just communicate with other players during the match, but the reality is not.