How excited are you for the Resident Evil Chapter?

I love the Resident Evil franchise so much.

Comments

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125229#Comment_2125229

    You say he doesn't fit, I say he does fit. What point do I need to address lol, the fact you don't agree with me? It's an opinion everyone is entitled to their own and can agree to disagree. Nemesis had a Gatling gun and can use that in the game and have to hit so many shots like trickster does, or I'm sure there are other ways he can be implemented into the game.

    Buddy no offense but why would he use a gatling gun, you wanna another trickster, I sure as hell don't, plus I can't imagine him using a ranged weapon at all since it would be kinda boring, we have three killers hurt people from a far, SLinger, Huntress, and Trickster. I want to see something different in a killer rather then just something other killers do already.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125234#Comment_2125234

    So you just don't feel like addressing any of my points as to why Nemesis doesn't fit? Alright then.

    You know what? Fine. To each their own.

    We also just had a K pop killer lol. But I guess putting one of the most iconic characters out of one of the biggest horror game series would be out of the question.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125234#Comment_2125234

    Buddy no offense but why would he use a gatling gun, you wanna another trickster, I sure as hell don't, plus I can't imagine him using a ranged weapon at all since it would be kinda boring, we have three killers hurt people from a far, SLinger, Huntress, and Trickster. I want to see something different in a killer rather then just something other killers do already.

    That's just one example of how his power could work and he can be much better than trickster if the devs put a decent amount of effort into implementing it, which I'm sure they will do as they always work harder on the licensed chapters.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125242#Comment_2125242

    I literally just did but if you want to completely ignore it that's up to you.

    No you didn't?

    You pulled the "You say he doesn't fit, I say he does fit." card, you didn't bother actually addressing any of my points as to why Nemesis does not stylistically fit into Dead By Daylight. And seeing how fast you responded earlier, I doubt you actually bothered watching the video I recommended either.

    Unless of course you consider ignoring them entirely as "Addressing my points".

    @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125242#Comment_2125242

    We also just had a K pop killer lol. But I guess putting one of the most iconic characters out of one of the biggest horror game series would be out of the question.

    Trickster is character with an actual story, emotions, and consciousness. Just because he wears bright clothes and is a singer doesn't mean he can't work in the game. Nemesis does not work in dbd because he has no agenda. He himself is not a person, he is a tool designed and crafted by Umbrella to do their bidding. Not to mention Nemesis is also insanely tall, so even physically fitting him in the game might be out of the question.

    I'm not saying we can't have an iconic character from RE in dbd, I'm saying that there are other's such as Birkin and Jack who would fit dbd's atmosphere far better than Nemesis would.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125245#Comment_2125245

    No you didn't?

    You pulled the "You say he doesn't fit, I say he does fit." card, you didn't bother actually addressing any of my points as to why Nemesis does not stylistically fit into Dead By Daylight. And seeing how fast you responded earlier, I doubt you actually bothered watching the video I recommended either.

    Unless of course you consider ignoring them entirely as "Addressing my points".

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125261#Comment_2125261

    Trickster is character with an actual story, emotions, and consciousness. Just because he wears bright clothes and is a singer doesn't mean he can't work in the game. Nemesis does not work in dbd because he has no agenda. He himself is not a person, he is a tool designed and crafted by Umbrella to do their bidding. Not to mention Nemesis is also insanely tall, so even physically fitting him in the game might be out of the question.

    I'm not saying we can't have an iconic character from RE in dbd, I'm saying that there are other's such as Birkin and Jack who would fit dbd's atmosphere far better than Nemesis would.

    Nemesis has a story to especially if you go off the films where he was a good guy who was infected and then used as an experiment for umbrella to become a rival to Alice as their top killer in their little experimental game.

    I'm simply saying that there are many different ways he can be implemented and he would also appeal to an even bigger audience of people who have watched the movies and never even played the games.

  • Love Resident Evil, but I'm worried about aesthetical changes. We all know how licensed survivors looks now, so... yeah. I do think the Killer is going to look as good as in their own game, but I'm not too sure about the survivor. I'm also worried about the Resident Evil Killer being weak, hope they make them justice with the powers.

    Regarding the other debate going on here... While Jack Baker was a good and scary antagonist, he's definitely not as iconic as Mr. X, Nemesis... or Birkin, Wesker. RE7 hasn't been around for that long, it doesn't matter if it was a good game or not. I'm not saying Jack doesn't have a chance of being the Killer for this chapter, cause really, he does. But in my personal opinion, Jack won't attract as many players as the other ones I've mentioned before. Hell, even Osmund Saddler is probably more remembered than any Baker family member.

    The big problem here is that, not all of us RE fans think alike. Some players love all the games, no matter what directions they took. Others hate the originals. Then others hate the newer ones. THEN others hate the ones who changed the survival horror formula. And so on... My point is, no matter what Killer they choose for, it won't please everyone. However, I do think they have a bigger chance of success with a Killer from the PS1 era, where it all started. Anything can happen, tho.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125105#Comment_2125105

    They don't think about him above the originals. He's on the list but he isn't above them.

    I never said he was. I just said he was iconic which he is.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125229#Comment_2125229

    You say he doesn't fit, I say he does fit. What point do I need to address lol, the fact you don't agree with me? It's an opinion everyone is entitled to their own and can agree to disagree. Nemesis had a Gatling gun and can use that in the game and have to hit so many shots like trickster does, or I'm sure there are other ways he can be implemented into the game.

    Your basically asking for a killer that's gonna instakill all survivors

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125258#Comment_2125258

    That's just one example of how his power could work and he can be much better than trickster if the devs put a decent amount of effort into implementing it, which I'm sure they will do as they always work harder on the licensed chapters.

    Nemesis never used a gatling gun in the games.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125291#Comment_2125291

    Nemesis has a story to especially if you go off the films where he was a good guy who was infected and then used as an experiment for umbrella to become a rival to Alice as their top killer in their little experimental game.

    I'm simply saying that there are many different ways he can be implemented and he would also appeal to an even bigger audience of people who have watched the movies and never even played the games.

    Bringing up the movies is a crime. Why would they ever do that? They can just use the comics.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    behaviour is going to ruin their faces and models, add $15 legendary skins instead of adding the individual survivors, the killer will be toxic for survivors, and the map is going to be a ######### indoors map

    The faces will look great. Look at Bill. He looks exactly like him

  • @SebaOutbreak said:

    Love Resident Evil, but I'm worried about aesthetical changes. We all know how licensed survivors looks now, so... yeah. I do think the Killer is going to look as good as in their own game, but I'm not too sure about the survivor. I'm also worried about the Resident Evil Killer being weak, hope they make them justice with the powers.

    Regarding the other debate going on here... While Jack Baker was a good and scary antagonist, he's definitely not as iconic as Mr. X, Nemesis... or Birkin, Wesker. RE7 hasn't been around for that long, it doesn't matter if it was a good game or not. I'm not saying Jack doesn't have a chance of being the Killer for this chapter, cause really, he does. But in my personal opinion, Jack won't attract as many players as the other ones I've mentioned before. Hell, even Osmund Saddler is probably more remembered than any Baker family member.

    The big problem here is that, not all of us RE fans think alike. Some players love all the games, no matter what directions they took. Others hate the originals. Then others hate the newer ones. THEN others hate the ones who changed the survival horror formula. And so on... My point is, no matter what Killer they choose for, it won't please everyone. However, I do think they have a bigger chance of success with a Killer from the PS1 era, where it all started. Anything can happen, tho.

    Saddler more remembered than the Baker family? How? Everyone I have ever talked to always mistakes him for Salazar.

  • He did in the second movie.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125315#Comment_2125315

    Bringing up the movies is a crime. Why would they ever do that? They can just use the comics.

    Because there are millions of people who have watched and loved the movies and never played the games.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125102#Comment_2125102

    Yes he is. Not at THE top but pretty damn high up there.

    In your opinion sure, and you're entitled to that. Just like I'm entitled to my own opinion.

  • Personally I'm not excited, but I don't think it'll be bad or anything, at least I hope it wont be, I just don't know anything about Resident Evil and I've had my fill of licensed content regardless.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126042#Comment_2126042

    Because there are millions of people who have watched and loved the movies and never played the games.

    You know how many more like the games though? Like this reasoning makes no sense. Millions "loved" the movies but even more loved the games.

  • They're still part of the resident evil franchise.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125108#Comment_2125108

    In your opinion sure, and you're entitled to that. Just like I'm entitled to my own opinion.

    Not every single thing is opinion based. He simply IS one of the.most iconic and popular. You may not like him that much but still very popular.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126064#Comment_2126064

    You know how many more like the games though? Like this reasoning makes no sense. Millions "loved" the movies but even more loved the games.

    But it's all part of the same franchise and the movies were based off the games.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126065#Comment_2126065

    Not every single thing is opinion based. He simply IS one of the.most iconic and popular. You may not like him that much but still very popular.

    Some people think he is and some people don't, that's called an opinion.

  • Some people think he is popular and some think he isn't? That makes no sense. He's either popular or he isn't.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126084#Comment_2126084

    But it's all part of the same franchise and the movies were based off the games.

    The movies aren't in.the same universe so they won't be using that.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    Some people think he is popular and some think he isn't? That makes no sense. He's either popular or he isn't.

    He isn't popular with everyone and he isn't as popular as Nemesis is when people think about resident evil.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126094#Comment_2126094

    The movies aren't in.the same universe so they won't be using that.

    The movies are based of the games and they're part of the same franchise. They can take from whichever they like or even both especially when it comes to legendary skins and extra content. You can't just dismiss the fact that the movies exist.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126113#Comment_2126113

    The movies are based of the games and they're part of the same franchise. They can take from whichever they like or even both especially when it comes to legendary skins and extra content. You can't just dismiss the fact that the movies exist.

    Its a completely different universe with some of the same characters.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2124899#Comment_2124899

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2124906#Comment_2124906

    No it wouldn't?

    RE7 is the highest grossing game in the series, and it single handedly saved the franchise from whatever path 5 and 6 was leading it down.

    Weather you like it or not, Jack fits the atmosphere of Dead By Daylight far more than Nemesis does. Adding an eight to nine foot tall behemoth with a rocket launcher and a flamethrower does not fit the game. Hell, they might not even be able to physically put him in the game because of his size alone, and shrinking him down for would just look awful.

    Nemesis is barely even a character. And what I mean by that is; he has nothing to his name. His entire purpose is to do whatever Umbrella tells him to do. He has no motive, no emotions, nothing. He might as well just be a moving wall that screams "Stars!".

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKhG_JS0_4M

    I highly suggest you watch this video, as it puts my point into words far better than I can.

    If you wan an "Iconic" character (As If Jack Isn't One), make it Birkin. He at least has somewhat of a personality, and in his earlier malformations he isn't eight to nine feet tall.

    Hmm... killers don't necessarily have to have a personality. Trapper, Hag, Wraith, and quite a few others have none. They just need to be terrifying. His lack of personality actually would make his servitude to The Entity believable. Nemesis and Mr. X were made to serve, now they are just serving something else.

    Rocket launcher and flamethrower could work, and would be something new and exciting, though it doesn't have to be added. I can see a few directions they could go with one of the Tyrants.

    Not really sure why people keep bringing up the size argument. Tall killers are already about 8 feet tall, and I believe all the doorways are still quite a bit taller than all of the tall killers.

  • Somewhat, since it always nice to get new content. I just hope they buff the trickster before they released the new chapter.

  • @thefallenloser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2124990#Comment_2124990

    Hmm... killers don't necessarily have to have a personality. Trapper, Hag, Wraith, and quite a few others have none. They just need to be terrifying. His lack of personality actually would make his servitude to The Entity believable. Nemesis and Mr. X were made to serve, now they are just serving something else.

    Rocket launcher and flamethrower could work, and would be something new and exciting, though it doesn't have to be added. I can see a few directions they could go with one of the Tyrants.

    Not really sure why people keep bringing up the size argument. Tall killers are already about 8 feet tall, and I believe all the doorways are still quite a bit taller than all of the tall killers.

    The reason why people bring em up is because they are all probably taller than all the other killers. Even if they keep them really tall still they can have ways to make it work.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    Somewhat, since it always nice to get new content. I just hope they buff the trickster before they released the new chapter.

    I hope they leave him in the dust.

  • Resident Evil 2 was one of the first games I ever played back on the PS1 and it still holds a massive place in my heart, so I'm massively hyped for RE to be finally coming to DbD and would want nothing more than Leon & Claire as survivors (possibly with legendary outfits for Jill & Chris?) and the RPD as a playable realm.

    When balancing faithfulness and gameplay, the killer is more difficult to choose, I admit. I'm obviously immediately drawn to either Tyrant/Mr.X or Birkin in either G1 or G2 form but I'm unsure what their powers/abilities would be.

    Nemesis is also a decent choice. I disagree that he would need his full arsenal of weaponry however, as in several of his encounters he's unarmed, or just uses his tentacle to attack from range, or grapple to new locations etc. Weaponry could just be in a mori perhaps?

    I'm really not a fan of the idea of Jack Baker, however. I've played RE7 and thought it was the closest RE has been to its roots in a long while, so I did enjoy it, but he never really struck me as an iconic character. So I would be very disappointed if he was the killer for whatever reason. Same goes for Lady Dimitrescu from RE:Villiage.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126144#Comment_2126144

    Its a completely different universe with some of the same characters.

    So what, Nemesis was in both and they can use whatever resources from either to put him into dbd.

    Capcom signed off and gave the rights for what's in the movies so they can use whatever they like from them if they choose to do so.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126111#Comment_2126111

    He isn't popular with everyone and he isn't as popular as Nemesis is when people think about resident evil.

    Im saying he's popular in general.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2126697#Comment_2126697

    So what, Nemesis was in both and they can use whatever resources from either to put him into dbd.

    Capcom signed off and gave the rights for what's in the movies so they can use whatever they like from them if they choose to do so.

    Its not about if they can or can't. Do you think they will use anything from the movies? No they won't.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2127361#Comment_2127361

    Its not about if they can or can't. Do you think they will use anything from the movies? No they won't.

    Are you a dev? How do you know they won't use anything from the films. Alice from the movies is one of the most well known characters from the franchise for all we know she could be the survivor or at the very least she will be a legendary skin.

  • the only thing i know about Resident Evil is from watching some RE7 gameplays.

    Kinda similar to the Silent Hill chapter : i'm very excited to see people excited, and to discover a new universe, new characters and stories.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2127673#Comment_2127673

    Are you a dev? How do you know they won't use anything from the films. Alice from the movies is one of the most well known characters from the franchise for all we know she could be the survivor or at the very least she will be a legendary skin.

    Alice? One of the most well known characters... What are you on?! They won't ever use anything from the movies!.If anything a skin.

  • @Adeloo said:

    the only thing i know about Resident Evil is from watching some RE7 gameplays.

    Kinda similar to the Silent Hill chapter : i'm very excited to see people excited, and to discover a new universe, new characters and stories.

    You didn't even scratch the surface of what RE is yet! Can't wait for you to see!

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2127713#Comment_2127713

    Alice? One of the most well known characters... What are you on?! They won't ever use anything from the movies!.If anything a skin.

    She was in every single movie so of course she is one of the most well known characters out of the franchise, that's just a fact whether you like it or not. The resident evil movies is one of the biggest horror movie series of this generation. You can't disregard that, there are many people out there that have watched the movies and never played a single game. And again you aren't a dev so you have zero idea what the devs are going to use from the franchise.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2127948#Comment_2127948

    You didn't even scratch the surface of what RE is yet! Can't wait for you to see!

    thank you for getting me excited even more !

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2129534#Comment_2129534

    She was in every single movie so of course she is one of the most well known characters out of the franchise, that's just a fact whether you like it or not. The resident evil movies is one of the biggest horror movie series of this generation. You can't disregard that, there are many people out there that have watched the movies and never played a single game. And again you aren't a dev so you have zero idea what the devs are going to use from the franchise.

    She isn't at all. I can list a mountain of characters everyone likes more than her. I don't have to be a dev to know they aren't using something from the movies. Literally everyone knows that. Hell, they used the font from the games.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2129606#Comment_2129606

    She isn't at all. I can list a mountain of characters everyone likes more than her. I don't have to be a dev to know they aren't using something from the movies. Literally everyone knows that. Hell, they used the font from the games.

    I don't know how you know what everybody thinks unless you're psychic. Nobody other than the devs know anything about what's being put into the game.

    And yet again you can't completely disregard the fact the so many people have watched the movies without playing the games, some even got into the games because of the movies. Also the majority of licensed dlcs have come from movie characters so no one can logically say that it's not a possibility that they can take anything from the movies as well.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2130514#Comment_2130514

    I don't know how you know what everybody thinks unless you're psychic. Nobody other than the devs know anything about what's being put into the game.

    And yet again you can't completely disregard the fact the so many people have watched the movies without playing the games, some even got into the games because of the movies. Also the majority of licensed dlcs have come from movie characters so no one can logically say that it's not a possibility that they can take anything from the movies as well.

    The other licensed characters came from movies because they came from movies. Did PH come from the Silent Hill movies? No. Not at all.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2130544#Comment_2130544

    The other licensed characters came from movies because they came from movies. Did PH come from the Silent Hill movies? No. Not at all.

    That's why I said the word majority and not the word all. But again you have no idea what the devs have planned for the chapter when it's released or after for any legendary skins that will later be released, but if you want to pretend like you do go for it.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2130686#Comment_2130686

    That's why I said the word majority and not the word all. But again you have no idea what the devs have planned for the chapter when it's released or after for any legendary skins that will later be released, but if you want to pretend like you do go for it.

    I don't no what the devs are doing. I already know that. What I do know is that they aren't bringing in the movies. For skins that's different. As base stuff no they will simply not do that.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2130699#Comment_2130699

    I don't no what the devs are doing. I already know that. What I do know is that they aren't bringing in the movies. For skins that's different. As base stuff no they will simply not do that.

    Bringing in skins like Alice from the movies is what I mean. The only other thing that I have said could come from the movies is nemesis and the way his power could work because he is in both.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2131023#Comment_2131023

    Bringing in skins like Alice from the movies is what I mean. The only other thing that I have said could come from the movies is nemesis and the way his power could work because he is in both.

    They wouldn't use the minigun for Nemesis. They can make his design like that since his movie design isn't actually that bad but the mini gun is a no. He needs is rocket launcher.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2131028#Comment_2131028

    They wouldn't use the minigun for Nemesis. They can make his design like that since his movie design isn't actually that bad but the mini gun is a no. He needs is rocket launcher.

    Now a killer with a rocket launcher in dbd is something I can get behind ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • It is an exciting chapter, especially considering the plethora of killers, survivors and maps (there better be a map!) available!

    The reason I didn't go for the highest on this poll is because Silent Hill was the big one for me. However, RE is definitely going to be exciting (remember BHVR, please add a map with this!๐Ÿ™