How excited are you for the Resident Evil Chapter?

I love the Resident Evil franchise so much.

Comments

  • I would be "Very Excited" but I have a bad feeling the killer isn't going to be Jack Baker, which is going to lower my enjoyment of the chapter significantly.

    It's RE though, so of course I'm still going to be excited.

  • I literally don't care about Resident Evil. But I could get excited, if they design really cool perks and powers.

  • I dont trust BHVR wont mess it up somehow.

  • This content has been removed.
  • So long as it's Nemesis or Mr X or even just a licker and not any from the recent games like Jack baker etc because they're aren't iconic characters when you look back at resident evil.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    So long as it's Nemesis or Mr X or even just a licker and not any from the recent games like Jack baker etc because they're aren't iconic characters when you look back at resident evil.

    I get what you mean but Jack is iconic. Not saying I think he will be it, I really don't think it'll be him but he instantly became iconic with his personality.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2124817#Comment_2124817

    I get what you mean but Jack is iconic. Not saying I think he will be it, I really don't think it'll be him but he instantly became iconic with his personality.

    Resident evil has been around for a long time and when people look back at it over the years Jack Baker isn't one of the iconic characters that long time fans of the game series think of.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2124817#Comment_2124817

    I get what you mean but Jack is iconic. Not saying I think he will be it, I really don't think it'll be him but he instantly became iconic with his personality.

    @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2124847#Comment_2124847

    Resident evil has been around for a long time and when people look back at it over the years Jack Baker isn't one of the iconic characters that long time fans of the game series think of.


    Adding Jack Baker would be like if they did a Friday the 13th chapter, but then instead of Jason, the killer was one of the Jason-possessed people from Jason Goes To Hell.

  • @Gibberish said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2124847#Comment_2124847

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2124867#Comment_2124867

    Adding Jack Baker would be like if they did a Friday the 13th chapter, but then instead of Jason, the killer was one of the Jason-possessed people from Jason Goes To Hell.

    Very true.

  • I would be very excited but I don’t play RE. I’m still excited to get a new game come into DBD.

  • @Gibberish said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2124847#Comment_2124847

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2124867#Comment_2124867

    Adding Jack Baker would be like if they did a Friday the 13th chapter, but then instead of Jason, the killer was one of the Jason-possessed people from Jason Goes To Hell.

    No it wouldn't?

    RE7 is the highest grossing game in the series, and it single handedly saved the franchise from whatever path 5 and 6 was leading it down.

    Weather you like it or not, Jack fits the atmosphere of Dead By Daylight far more than Nemesis does. Adding an eight to nine foot tall behemoth with a rocket launcher and a flamethrower does not fit the game. Hell, they might not even be able to physically put him in the game because of his size alone, and shrinking him down for would just look awful.

    Nemesis is barely even a character. And what I mean by that is; he has nothing to his name. His entire purpose is to do whatever Umbrella tells him to do. He has no motive, no emotions, nothing. He might as well just be a moving wall that screams "Stars!".

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKhG_JS0_4M

    I highly suggest you watch this video, as it puts my point into words far better than I can.

    If you wan an "Iconic" character (As If Jack Isn't One), make it Birkin. He at least has somewhat of a personality, and in his earlier malformations he isn't eight to nine feet tall.

  • I don't really care about licenses, I just want gameplay

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2124847#Comment_2124847

    Resident evil has been around for a long time and when people look back at it over the years Jack Baker isn't one of the iconic characters that long time fans of the game series think of.

    Maybe when you purposefully go back but if you just think of iconic characters that overall he's pretty high up there.

  • I'm not too bothered to be perfectly honest.

    My honest answer would be 'meh'

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2124899#Comment_2124899

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2124906#Comment_2124906

    No it wouldn't?

    RE7 is the highest grossing game in the series, and it single handedly saved the franchise from whatever path 5 and 6 was leading it down.

    Weather you like it or not, Jack fits the atmosphere of Dead By Daylight far more than Nemesis does. Adding an eight to nine foot tall behemoth with a rocket launcher and a flamethrower does not fit the game. Hell, they might not even be able to physically put him in the game because of his size alone, and shrinking him down for would just look awful.

    Nemesis is barely even a character. And what I mean by that is; he has nothing to his name. His entire purpose is to do whatever Umbrella tells him to do. He has no motive, no emotions, nothing. He might as well just be a moving wall that screams "Stars!".

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKhG_JS0_4M

    I highly suggest you watch this video, as it puts my point into words far better than I can.

    If you wan an "Iconic" character (As If Jack Isn't One), make it Birkin. He at least has somewhat of a personality, and in his earlier malformations he isn't eight to nine feet tall.

    No long time fan of the series thinks Jack is iconic. I've been playing since the first ever game came out in the series and when I think resident evil Jack baker doesn't even cross my mind.

    If they're going to add someone from the series it needs to be someone that represents the game and most people think of when remembering resident evil and Jack baker simply isn't it.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2124899#Comment_2124899

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2124906#Comment_2124906

    No it wouldn't?

    RE7 is the highest grossing game in the series, and it single handedly saved the franchise from whatever path 5 and 6 was leading it down.

    Weather you like it or not, Jack fits the atmosphere of Dead By Daylight far more than Nemesis does. Adding an eight to nine foot tall behemoth with a rocket launcher and a flamethrower does not fit the game. Hell, they might not even be able to physically put him in the game because of his size alone, and shrinking him down for would just look awful.

    Nemesis is barely even a character. And what I mean by that is; he has nothing to his name. His entire purpose is to do whatever Umbrella tells him to do. He has no motive, no emotions, nothing. He might as well just be a moving wall that screams "Stars!".

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKhG_JS0_4M

    I highly suggest you watch this video, as it puts my point into words far better than I can.

    If you wan an "Iconic" character (As If Jack Isn't One), make it Birkin. He at least has somewhat of a personality, and in his earlier malformations he isn't eight to nine feet tall.

    I feel like Birkin would be the closest to bringing in the true feeling of RE as a franchise. Mutated freaks, if anyone had a power having to do with the monsters i t should be him since he created the virus' and just being a powerhouse like he is in the games.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2124990#Comment_2124990

    No long time fan of the series thinks Jack is iconic. I've been playing since the first ever game came out in the series and when I think resident evil Jack baker doesn't even cross my mind.

    If they're going to add someone from the series it needs to be someone that represents the game and most people think of when remembering resident evil and Jack baker simply isn't it.

    Now you are just lying.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @ClamorVentus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125028#Comment_2125028

    @QwQw @Dabihwow Hey guys, this man says Jack isnt iconic so what do you guys say?

    Oh I already did, but I could use the back up.

  • It doesn't sound at all like you've been playing since the very first game. And if you did play it, it sounds like you never even played RE7.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @ClamorVentus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125028#Comment_2125028

    @QwQw @Dabihwow Hey guys, this man says Jack isnt iconic so what do you guys say?

    Compared to the originals he isn't. I'm saying as someone who got the 1st game on PlayStation when I look back at the entire series he isn't the killer that stands out the most. Nemesis and Mr X are the most iconic characters from the franchise which the majority of the long term players think of when remembering the game.

  • @ClamorVentus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125028#Comment_2125028

    @QwQw @Dabihwow Hey guys, this man says Jack isnt iconic so what do you guys say?

    Oh boy... I know that's helluva statement, and rlly? Jack Baker is one of the scariest villains in RE universe to date, even rivalling that title with both Mr. X and Nemesis. He is the most charismatic villain which I like to see in villians as a whole. Papa Baker is also one of the most tragic of the bunch including Marguerite, and Zoe, except Lucas he got what he deserved. Point is Jack Baker is definitely a new face in the franchise but that doesn't mean he isn't scary he in fact was so beloved fans wanted to see future villains just like him, I think QwQw will have a lot more to say then I do

  • Depends on how much "watered down" they make the killer.

  • @Guest1567432 said:

    Depends on how much "watered down" they make the killer.

    They'll find a way to make him good.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125037#Comment_2125037

    Oh boy... I know that's helluva statement, and rlly? Jack Baker is one of the scariest villains in RE universe to date, even rivalling that title with both Mr. X and Nemesis. He is the most charismatic villain which I like to see in villians as a whole. Papa Baker is also one of the most tragic of the bunch including Marguerite, and Zoe, except Lucas he got what he deserved. Point is Jack Baker is definitely a new face in the franchise but that doesn't mean he isn't scary he in fact was so beloved fans wanted to see future villains just like him, I think QwQw will have a lot more to say then I do

    I'm not saying he isn't scary. He simply isn't someone that long time players of the resident evil franchise think about over characters like nemesis and Mr X from the original games. They are better suited because it will be much more nostalgic for people who loved the series from day 1.

  • I beat RE7 on nightmare difficulty in 6 hours, then proceeded to beat it again in under 4 hours, and I'm recapping myself on RE's lore whenever I'm free.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    It doesn't sound at all like you've been playing since the very first game. And if you did play it, it sounds like you never even played RE7.

    I played it on the original PlayStation when I was a kid and have played every game in the series since then thanks. RE7 was a good game but it was a lot different from the other games in the series before it. All I'm saying is that when myself and other players of the games think back over the years Jack baker isn't at the top of the list of the most iconic characters from the franchise.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125070#Comment_2125070

    I'm not saying he isn't scary. He simply isn't someone that long time players of the resident evil franchise think about over characters like nemesis and Mr X from the original games. They are better suited because it will be much more nostalgic for people who loved the series from day 1.

    Its not about him not being as iconic as Mr. X or Nemesis. Its about you saying long time fans don't think about him.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125045#Comment_2125045

    I played it on the original PlayStation when I was a kid and have played every game in the series since then thanks. RE7 was a good game but it was a lot different from the other games in the series before it. All I'm saying is that when myself and other players of the games think back over the years Jack baker isn't at the top of the list of the most iconic characters from the franchise.

    Yes he is. Not at THE top but pretty damn high up there.

  • @JimboMason said:

    I beat RE7 on nightmare difficulty in 6 hours, then proceeded to beat it again in under 4 hours, and I'm recapping myself on RE's lore whenever I'm free.

    I love that game so much.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125091#Comment_2125091

    Its not about him not being as iconic as Mr. X or Nemesis. Its about you saying long time fans don't think about him.

    They don't think about him above the originals. He's on the list but he isn't above them.

  • I don't know why, but RE7 reminds me a lot of sh2, in a sense I feel like its a reimagining of sh2 but it was a RE game mixed with F.E.A.R elements

  • At this point, I just want the bugs and balance issues prioritized.

  • @JimboMason said:

    I beat RE7 on nightmare difficulty in 6 hours, then proceeded to beat it again in under 4 hours, and I'm recapping myself on RE's lore whenever I'm free.

    Good job mate! Even using the most op gear in the game, It sill took me like 8 hours to beat the game on Madhouse, and I died 22 times. I remember literally watching the sun rise outside my window because I stayed up all night playing it.

    The relief I felt when I killed Eveline was one of the most satisfying moments in my gaming history.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125070#Comment_2125070

    I'm not saying he isn't scary. He simply isn't someone that long time players of the resident evil franchise think about over characters like nemesis and Mr X from the original games. They are better suited because it will be much more nostalgic for people who loved the series from day 1.

    Who are these other "long time players", you keep mentioning? Because I feel like a lot of people who have been playing for awhile can agree that Jack is a very memorable character and iconic character.

    And whether you think he's iconic or not, he suits the game way more than Nemesis does.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125070#Comment_2125070

    I'm not saying he isn't scary. He simply isn't someone that long time players of the resident evil franchise think about over characters like nemesis and Mr X from the original games. They are better suited because it will be much more nostalgic for people who loved the series from day 1.

    While I don't disagree I do believe Nemesis, and Mr.X are a lot more iconic then Jack, however I believe that the RE chapter should be for both modern and fans who have played since day 1. If the killer is Nemesis or Mr.X then we could have someone of the current timeline of RE as a survivor, or if the role is reversed where we do get Jack, then fans of old RE could get Chris and Jill as survivors. Hell they could add two killers and if Nemesis is one of them then the other could be Jack, or Birkin, or even someone else, we honestly don't know. It would be for both groups of fans and not just for one group of fans

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125091#Comment_2125091

    Who are these other "long time players", you keep mentioning? Because I feel like a lot of people who have been playing for awhile can agree that Jack is a very memorable character and iconic character.

    And whether you think he's iconic or not, he suits the game way more than Nemesis does.

    People who have been playing the game since the original came out, you do realise video games have been a thing for a long time now lol. Besides nemesis was in the games and in the movies so he appeals to an even bigger audience.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125091#Comment_2125091

    While I don't disagree I do believe Nemesis, and Mr.X are a lot more iconic then Jack, however I believe that the RE chapter should be for both modern and fans who have played since day 1. If the killer is Nemesis or Mr.X then we could have someone of the current timeline of RE as a survivor, or if the role is reversed where we do get Jack, then fans of old RE could get Chris and Jill as survivors. Hell they could add two killers and if Nemesis is one of them then the other could be Jack, or Birkin, or even someone else, we honestly don't know. It would be for both groups of fans and not just for one group of fans

    Yeah I agree, plus nemesis was in the movies as well as the games so people who never even played the games but watched the movies know who he is.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125097#Comment_2125097

    Good job mate! Even using the most op gear in the game, It sill took me like 8 hours to beat the game on Madhouse, and I died 22 times. I remember literally watching the sun rise outside my window because I stayed up all night playing it.

    The relief I felt when I killed Eveline was one of the most satisfying moments in my gaming history.

    Oh god I ######### hated Madhouse, it was ridiculous. The hardest moment I would say when you are escaping the mines. Oh hell no, I'm so happy I finished it, and god... the reward was worth it, infinite ammo. I was able to use that to beat the game in four hours and get the glasses, and circular saw. I recently got the banned footage and my least favorite thing is 21. The RNG is just crazy, and it was starting to mind ######### me so hard. I enjoyed nightmare, it was fun to play it. Bedroom was the scariest and actually made me think that Marguerite is scarier than Jack in some cases. I overall enjoyed it

  • This content has been removed.
  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125097#Comment_2125097

    Good job mate! Even using the most op gear in the game, It sill took me like 8 hours to beat the game on Madhouse, and I died 22 times. I remember literally watching the sun rise outside my window because I stayed up all night playing it.

    The relief I felt when I killed Eveline was one of the most satisfying moments in my gaming history.

    Exacly! All I had was my Albert Replica and the secrets of defense, what I did most of the times was go for headshots, conserve as much as I can, and prioritize the iron defense coin and use all the steroids I can find

  • @ClamorVentus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125059#Comment_2125059

    Yea they are iconic but whenever you say Jack Baker isnt iconic, watch out for Dahbi and QwQw

    Lmao, sure I will do.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125153#Comment_2125153

    Oh god I ######### hated Madhouse, it was ridiculous. The hardest moment I would say when you are escaping the mines. Oh hell no, I'm so happy I finished it, and god... the reward was worth it, infinite ammo. I was able to use that to beat the game in four hours and get the glasses, and circular saw. I recently got the banned footage and my least favorite thing is 21. The RNG is just crazy, and it was starting to mind ######### me so hard. I enjoyed nightmare, it was fun to play it. Bedroom was the scariest and actually made me think that Marguerite is scarier than Jack in some cases. I overall enjoyed it

    Yeah, Jack's boss fight in the boathouse was hard, but those two fat molded in the mines is where I died the most.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125159#Comment_2125159

    People who have been playing the game since the original came out, you do realise video games have been a thing for a long time now lol. Besides nemesis was in the games and in the movies so he appeals to an even bigger audience.

    But RE7 is the highest selling game in the franchise, and since it acted as a soft reboot, it was very accessible for people who wanted to try out RE, meaning Jack is pretty damn iconic. As I said before, many old fans also enjoyed Jack thought he was memorable. I'm not saying Nemesis isn't iconic, I'm saying Jack is.

    I also like how you're not addressing any of my points that Nemesis simply does not fit in Dead By Daylight.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125170#Comment_2125170

    But RE7 is the highest selling game in the franchise, and since it acted as a soft reboot, it was very accessible for people who wanted to try out RE, meaning Jack is pretty damn iconic. As I said before, many old fans also enjoyed Jack thought he was memorable. I'm not saying Nemesis isn't iconic, I'm saying Jack is.

    I also like how you're not addressing any of my points that Nemesis simply does not fit in Dead By Daylight.

    You say he doesn't fit, I say he does fit. What point do I need to address lol, the fact you don't agree with me? It's an opinion everyone is entitled to their own and can agree to disagree. Nemesis had a Gatling gun and can use that in the game and have to hit so many shots like trickster does, or I'm sure there are other ways he can be implemented into the game.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125229#Comment_2125229

    You say he doesn't fit, I say he does fit. What point do I need to address lol, the fact you don't agree with me? It's an opinion everyone is entitled to their own and can agree to disagree. Nemesis had a Gatling gun and can use that in the game and have to hit so many shots like trickster does, or I'm sure there are other ways he can be implemented into the game.

    So you just don't feel like addressing any of my points as to why Nemesis doesn't fit? Alright then.

    You know what? Fine. To each their own.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2125234#Comment_2125234

    So you just don't feel like addressing any of my points as to why Nemesis doesn't fit? Alright then.

    You know what? Fine. To each their own.

    I literally just did but if you want to completely ignore it that's up to you.

‹ 1 2 3