Slugging DC

Killers are complaining because someone dced because he was slugging. I mean i dont necessarily blame the player for that you already won anyway. So go hooking survivors. What you are doing is extending the game for extra 4 mins.





I want to know whats the point for the killer to complain when a survivor dcs because they're slugged and the killer has won

Comments

  • I don't think killers care if someone has DC'ed if everyone is down

    Based on what I've seen at least, they care when someone DCs when one person is slugged and there is another survivor running around. The slugged survivor is DC'ing specifically to give the last survivor the hatch. The killer wants their 4K and they feel cheated out of it when survivors DC so the killer can't find the Hatch and/or other survivor.

  • Except you're blaming the killer for slugging when you should be blaming the balancing of the game to where slugging is necessary.

  • Don't DC, just crawl to a corner and bleed out so they don't get the extra Devout emblem.

  • @HuDawg said:

    Killers are complaining because someone dced because he was slugging. I mean i dont necessarily blame the player for that you already won anyway. So go hooking survivors. What you are doing is extending the game for extra 4 mins.

    I want to know whats the point for the killer to complain when a survivor dcs because they're slugged and the killer has won

    If there are 2 survivors left and I'm slugging one of them to lure the other one in or find the hatch first so my 4k is not ruined by a ######### unfair mechanic then I sure as hell will be bothered if the slugged guy DCs, he just gave the win to the last survivor.

    When the game has just 2 survivors left it just becomes a competition of who can let whom die first and they start trying to find the hatch. I don't wanna lose because the devs decide the final survivor, despite doing nothing but hiding all game, should be given the win anyway.

    Any killer who doesn't wanna lose will slug, it's necessary. A killer only wins if he kills every survivor, I don't care if baby killers pat themselves in the head when they kill 2 or 3, that's not a win.

  • @lagosta said:

    Don't DC, just crawl to a corner and bleed out so they don't get the extra Devout emblem.

    That’s why b&c shouldn’t show aura of survs in dying state

  • @lagosta said:

    Don't DC, just crawl to a corner and bleed out so they don't get the extra Devout emblem.

    Agree

  • @RenTheCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/243506/slugging-dc

    If there are 2 survivors left and I'm slugging one of them to lure the other one in or find the hatch first so my 4k is not ruined by a ######### unfair mechanic then I sure as hell will be bothered if the slugged guy DCs, he just gave the win to the last survivor.

    When the game has just 2 survivors left it just becomes a competition of who can let whom die first and they start trying to find the hatch. I don't wanna lose because the devs decide the final survivor, despite doing nothing but hiding all game, should be given the win anyway.

    Any killer who doesn't wanna lose will slug, it's necessary. A killer only wins if he kills every survivor, I don't care if baby killers pat themselves in the head when they kill 2 or 3, that's not a win.

    Or, you evole past the point of slugging for the 4k. I mean, at what point does the 4k stop being the only win definition and worth wasting another's time to guarantee it?

    After four years in game, a hatch escape doesn't bother me as killer nor does it excite me as a survivor.

    I understand the desire early on in a killer's career, but at some point it gets boring slugging for it. I'd rather hook one, take my chances on hatch and get in another game.

  • @RenTheCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/243506/slugging-dc

    If there are 2 survivors left and I'm slugging one of them to lure the other one in or find the hatch first so my 4k is not ruined by a ######### unfair mechanic then I sure as hell will be bothered if the slugged guy DCs, he just gave the win to the last survivor.

    When the game has just 2 survivors left it just becomes a competition of who can let whom die first and they start trying to find the hatch. I don't wanna lose because the devs decide the final survivor, despite doing nothing but hiding all game, should be given the win anyway.

    Any killer who doesn't wanna lose will slug, it's necessary. A killer only wins if he kills every survivor, I don't care if baby killers pat themselves in the head when they kill 2 or 3, that's not a win.

    Just run hatch offerings then. That way you don't have to worry about slugging and the last guy getting hatch. Also calling people baby killers just cause they don't want to slug for a 4k is kinda dumb. They probably didn't care enough to try and force out a 4k to a game that is already over. They would rather get on to the next game.

  • --- Nevermind, after reading other comments I don't want to participate in this "Its okay to ruin peoples fun if I get a 4k" argument and this forum doesn't allow me to delete my own comments ---

  • @selflessnea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117291#Comment_2117291

    Just run hatch offerings then. That way you don't have to worry about slugging and the last guy getting hatch. Also killing people baby killers just cause they don't want to slug for a 4k is kinda dumb. They probably didn't care enough to try and force out a 4k to a game that is already over. They would rather get on to the next game.

    They are not baby killers for not caring about winning or losing, they are baby killers for patting themselves in the back because "H-hey, at least I k-killed 2 or 3 guys!". You didn't win the game as a killer if you didn't kill everyone. People who call their 2k or 3k winning are coping and there is no reason to cope at all since losing is not bad, so there is no need to disguise losing as winning.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117291#Comment_2117291

    Or, you evole past the point of slugging for the 4k. I mean, at what point does the 4k stop being the only win definition and worth wasting another's time to guarantee it?

    After four years in game, a hatch escape doesn't bother me as killer nor does it excite me as a survivor.

    I understand the desire early on in a killer's career, but at some point it gets boring slugging for it. I'd rather hook one, take my chances on hatch and get in another game.

    4k is the only way to win. By definition. That's how games work, you win by making the game stop by accomplishing all of your objectives.

    Conveniently, this is why keys are cheating. Survivors get to win the game despite not finishing 5 gens or opening exit gates.

  • It's pretty rare to go against someone that wants to 4 man slug. If I do go against that I just recover and then go on YouTube, make a drink or a snack, click on the forums for a few mins and then just move onto the next match if I don't get picked up.

  • @SnowMiser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117311#Comment_2117311

    4k is the only way to win. By definition. That's how games work, you win by making the game stop by accomplishing all of your objectives.

    Conveniently, this is why keys are cheating. Survivors get to win the game despite not finishing 5 gens or opening exit gates.

    No. You decide your own win definitions. No one can tell you what is or isn't a win. After 4 years on this game, you have a tendency to change perspectives a bit.

  • @lagosta said:

    Don't DC, just crawl to a corner and bleed out so they don't get the extra Devout emblem.

    Which is perfectly fine, except......

    ...those are usually the players that then hypothetically jump on the forums angry posting that the killer leaves them to bleed out on the ground. (Even though THEY were the ones making sure they couldn’t be found.)

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118757#Comment_2118757

    No. You decide your own win definitions. No one can tell you what is or isn't a win. After 4 years on this game, you have a tendency to change perspectives a bit.

    I 100% agree on that. In fact, I don't consider 4k a win and I don't care about ranks that much. I mostly consider a win the tome challenge. The only time I'd tryhard for a 4k is either for the selected tome challenge, the adept challenge or when I see survivors exploiting bugs. Other times if I see I dominated the match, I usually let the last survivor go. I'm not suffering from the god complex and I don't need a 4k to make me feel powerful nor fulfilled. I'm just happy they had fun during the match and I made an entertaining match.

  • I had one match with an Oni is sheltered woods I believe. That really map circled map. He started slugging straight from the get-go. No hooking, just trying to down everyone as soon as possible. He always managed to get everyone but one, then that one managed to get everyone else up. Rinse and repeat. It was a grueling and miserable match. Luckily 3 of us made it out. None of us DC’d but it was highly considered I bet. If Killers come right out the gate with those kind of tactics don’t be surprised if survivors start acting sweaty and toxic.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118757#Comment_2118757

    No. You decide your own win definitions. No one can tell you what is or isn't a win. After 4 years on this game, you have a tendency to change perspectives a bit.

    My win definition as killer is 3k. 2k is a tie and 1k is a loss. 4k is just a bonus. I’ve seen a lot of killers say if you don’t kill all of them then it’s a loss. I can’t imagine having that mindset. Cause realistically then, unless you’re a god Nurse or Spirit, you’re gonna feel like a loser a lot.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2119214#Comment_2119214

    My win definition as killer is 3k. 2k is a tie and 1k is a loss. 4k is just a bonus. I’ve seen a lot of killers say if you don’t kill all of them then it’s a loss. I can’t imagine having that mindset. Cause realistically then, unless you’re a god Nurse or Spirit, you’re gonna feel like a loser a lot.

    Yes, I totally agree. And I used to be that way myself, now I play a bit more chill and just have fun with it.

  • @sharkster13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2119214#Comment_2119214

    I 100% agree on that. In fact, I don't consider 4k a win and I don't care about ranks that much. I mostly consider a win the tome challenge. The only time I'd tryhard for a 4k is either for the selected tome challenge, the adept challenge or when I see survivors exploiting bugs. Other times if I see I dominated the match, I usually let the last survivor go. I'm not suffering from the god complex and I don't need a 4k to make me feel powerful nor fulfilled. I'm just happy they had fun during the match and I made an entertaining match.

    Exactly. I play as I would like to verse, as such, regardless of outcome, I am always winning 😎

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117281#Comment_2117281

    Which is perfectly fine, except......

    ...those are usually the players that then hypothetically jump on the forums angry posting that the killer leaves them to bleed out on the ground. (Even though THEY were the ones making sure they couldn’t be found.)

    Whenever they crawl to a corner and there are no hooks nearby I respect their wishes and leave them to bleed out and go check the dbd subreddit :)

  • What kind of logic is this? The survivor DC's, but "actually it's the killers fault"???