Most Underrated Killers

I was just curious about who people think the killers are that are generally frowned upon for their lack of usability when they're actually very plausible, they just require a different skill level/playstyle.

People usually base killers off their lethality/map control, but if you have enough of one, the other doesn't matter half as much. For instance, pig is a totally plausible killer, but people look down on her just because people play her traps incorrectly (yes, they're rng to an extent, but being smart and using pressure and all that jazz makes them very usable), and when you run into a good pig... you lose pretty quickly.

Thoughts on other killers who are underrated?

Comments

  • Clown. He has great chase and his antidote isn’t used enough. Great add ons too

  • definitely pig and plague

    pig: has basekit slowdown and her dash can be used to mindgame loops

    plague- people say how if people dont cleanse shes weak, when having everyone 1 hit down the entire match is very strong. she’s essentially an infinite tier 3 myers base kit

  • Trickster, he is fine when you learn him perfectly. Not perfect but also not weakest.

  • Id say Myers. If you have the the right perks you can make him pretty solid and his addons are some of the most interesting/gamechanging in the game.

    You can also make some fun builds that surprise people (such as using obsession perks that make you want to harm your obsession) and you can run add ons that are better against your obsession. People don't expect it and it works pretty well.


    I think he needs a little love though but I like him a lot

  • @Mew said:

    definitely pig and plague

    pig: has basekit slowdown and her dash can be used to mindgame loops

    plague- people say how if people dont cleanse shes weak, when having everyone 1 hit down the entire match is very strong. she’s essentially an infinite tier 3 myers base kit

    Plague is definitely powerful in this aspect, even if she becomes an M1 killer, she only has to hit everyone once and its basically an expose. Very respectable.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Clown. He has great chase and his antidote isn’t used enough. Great add ons too

    He definitely has some powerful addons and I don't see enough of him, he's honestly fun for both sides.

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    Id say Myers. If you have the the right perks you can make him pretty solid and his addons are some of the most interesting/gamechanging in the game.

    You can also make some fun builds that surprise people (such as using obsession perks that make you want to harm your obsession) and you can run add ons that are better against your obsession. People don't expect it and it works pretty well.

    I think he needs a little love though but I like him a lot

    Playing against Myers has to be the most stressful thing in the game for some reason. He's underplayed too because people expect him to stay by normal metas.

  • Doc and Bubba are pretty underrated.

  • I think Pig is very underrated.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/243464/most-underrated-killers

    Blight. He's an S tier character. But most don't agree with that. He can be just as oppressive as nurse or we spirit

    Yeah I would put him behind spirit and nurse (he has a little more risks to him than the others) but has very similar rewards. Very underrated

  • The Twins. On nearly every platform that has a dbd community I always see them in bottom tier despite how good they are. You don't even need to camp as the Twins to win most matches, but I see people who don't even play the Twins say their hot garbage which just goes to show how bad their publicity is.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Doc and Bubba are pretty underrated.

    Doctor is the number 2 with most kills in red ranks and number 5 overall from stats posted last year. A good doctor is scary. He's my main and I enjoy him immensely!

    I wonder if its more of his power is more complex so people get turned off by him, so survivors aren't use to playing against him. Ive seen ranks 10-15 pallet camp and I laugh as I hit shock therapy lol

  • @Patrick1088 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116763#Comment_2116763

    Doctor is the number 2 with most kills in red ranks and number 5 overall from stats posted last year. A good doctor is scary. He's my main and I enjoy him immensely!

    I wonder if its more of his power is more complex so people get turned off by him, so survivors aren't use to playing against him. Ive seen ranks 10-15 pallet camp and I laugh as I hit shock therapy lol

    You shouldn't quote kill rates. Those statistics are flawed for a multitude of reasons to being near worthless in terms of actually measuring balance and a killers strength.

    He's underrated because most people use him incorrectly. Underrated doesn't mean "strong" though, just better than most people give him credit for.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/243464/most-underrated-killers

    Blight. He's an S tier character. But most don't agree with that. He can be just as oppressive as nurse or we spirit

    A good blight is deadly. Easily one of the strongest killers, but seems like its a lot of work to learn to play him.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116838#Comment_2116838

    Not as hard as he seems. Especially if you're on PC. I've literally NOT had anything less then a 3k(hatch escapes) with him..And that's literally from the first time I've used him..About 65 games in with him now. He's just as oppressive as spirit and nurse. And a good blight will know when they can hit a rush. Or use it just to catch up and basic m1 you

    I tried him and he was incredibly difficult to control. I've seen people pull off some insane hits but I cant imagine it was easy. I guess to many it seems like a lot of effort when you can just pick up spirit and a decent headset and get instant results, but I always have a lot of respect for a good blight.

    Plus they always seem to come in 2 flavours: ######### and camp/tunnel, or skilled and just outright awesome people.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116838#Comment_2116838

    Not as hard as he seems. Especially if you're on PC. I've literally NOT had anything less then a 3k(hatch escapes) with him..And that's literally from the first time I've used him..About 65 games in with him now. He's just as oppressive as spirit and nurse. And a good blight will know when they can hit a rush. Or use it just to catch up and basic m1 you

    I tried him and he was incredibly difficult to control. I've seen people pull off some insane hits but I cant imagine it was easy. I guess to many it seems like a lot of effort when you can just pick up spirit and a decent headset and get instant results, but I always have a lot of respect for a good blight.

    Plus they always seem to come in 2 flavours: ######### and camp/tunnel, or skilled and just outright awesome people.

  • Doc. Doc Best killer. Doc best character. In summary


    Doc

  • @Harold_Shipman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116776#Comment_2116776

    A good blight is deadly. Easily one of the strongest killers, but seems like its a lot of work to learn to play him.

    Yeah he is feels like a similar skill demand as nurse but has slightly more weaknesses

  • Bubba is a monster if you know how to maneuver and time his saws. People will constantly be on hooks.

  • Relative to an average dbd player opinion, Twins seem to be the most underrated killer. 4th/5th strongest killer in the game being widely regarded as C tier is rather peculiar.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116871#Comment_2116871

    Na...I'll put it in this context.. For skill cap... Nurse catchs up to survivor.. Nurse has to use blinks because she moves slower then the survivor. Blight catchs up.. He's 4.6 and can catch up easily without his rush. If they drop a pallet. You can break it and be right back on them

    But she can function better on multi floor maps and he still has to various obstacles where she can ignore them beyond just pallets. Blight is only slightly behind because of these two. He may have better general chase but he drops on some maps while nurse is the same (and potentially better) on certain maps. She isn't really bad on any map while he can be less good on certain maps

  • @Patrick1088 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116763#Comment_2116763

    Doctor is the number 2 with most kills in red ranks and number 5 overall from stats posted last year. A good doctor is scary. He's my main and I enjoy him immensely!

    I wonder if its more of his power is more complex so people get turned off by him, so survivors aren't use to playing against him. Ive seen ranks 10-15 pallet camp and I laugh as I hit shock therapy lol

    It’s people not playing him. If the amount of games I get with 3 to 4 kills is honestly surprising. People don’t expect you to be able to find them immediately cause you can shock half the map. What perks do you run, I don’t find many other doc mains so I’m curious

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116969#Comment_2116969

    I don't mean maps. I mean any given chase in general... Who is easier to use in chase... Who takes more skill..If you blink to catch up to a survivor as nurse. You then have to blink again because you move shower. Blight you can rush to catch up then be a basic m1 killer. Way easier to use. Way less of a skill cap

    Just so we're clear, are we talking about who is better between nurse or blight or if blight requires as much skill or not? Just wanted to double check

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117016#Comment_2117016

    Who requires more skill to use... Who's easier

    You said you feel he has a similar skill demand. To me that's saying who is easier to use. It's by far blight

    Nurse is the better killer(slightly). But blight is way easier to use

    Oh yeah that all makes more sense lol. Glad we got on the same page.

    Yeah I think blight is definetly easier of the two but he is still one of the most difficult killers (especially console). Nurse is a good bit more difficult.


    Seems like we basically agree.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Twins is incredibly slept upon. It baffles me how people think they are among the weakest in the game, while in fact they are A tier material. Great camping and slugging potential, defends 3 gens as good as Hag and Victor is a great antiloop.

    Because in order for the Twins to work, the survivors have to not know how to counter them. (healing, sticking together, kidnapping Victor, etcetera) Plus, the Twins player has to be willing to mass 4man slug and camp - and if we're judging killers in a tierlist based off sweaty and scummy tactics, then Bubba is S tier because he can guarantee at minimum 2 kills via facecamping. Hell, most killers instantly skyrocket in tier placement if you're willing to go for 4 man slugs at every opportunity. It's unfair to judge Twins while letting them 4 man slug at every opportunity as better than the other killers who aren't allowed to under a tierlist.

    But, if you don't want to sweat out, the Twins are completely incapable at most things - they're too inefficient to hook survivors like normal, Charlotte is an M1 killer and Victor is useless against healthy survivors. Combine this with survivors who know how to go against Twins, and you'll see why they're B-C tier at the absolute maximum against good players. Source - I play Twins a lot.

    That's just my opinion though, the Twins definitely aren't weak - but they aren't A tier unless the survivors play badly or the Twins player 4 man slugs and tunnels at every opportunity, which frankly is more a sign of how poorly the Twins are implemented than anything else.

  • @Altarf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117051#Comment_2117051

    Because in order for the Twins to work, the survivors have to not know how to counter them. (healing, sticking together, kidnapping Victor, etcetera) Plus, the Twins player has to be willing to mass 4man slug and camp - and if we're judging killers in a tierlist based off sweaty and scummy tactics, then Bubba is S tier because he can guarantee at minimum 2 kills via facecamping. Hell, most killers instantly skyrocket in tier placement if you're willing to go for 4 man slugs at every opportunity. It's unfair to judge Twins while letting them 4 man slug at every opportunity as better than the other killers who aren't allowed to under a tierlist.

    But, if you don't want to sweat out, the Twins are completely incapable at most things - they're too inefficient to hook survivors like normal, Charlotte is an M1 killer and Victor is useless against healthy survivors. Combine this with survivors who know how to go against Twins, and you'll see why they're B-C tier at the absolute maximum against good players. Source - I play Twins a lot.

    That's just my opinion though, the Twins definitely aren't weak - but they aren't A tier unless the survivors play badly or the Twins player 4 man slugs and tunnels at every opportunity, which frankly is more a sign of how poorly the Twins are implemented than anything else.

    I wouldn't say they are incapable of winning if they don't 4 man slug, but they are definitely slept on. In all honesty that's how ppl played them when they first came out so now everyone thinks that's the only viable way. They can be decent at keeping pressure to everyone if used correctly and combined with perks, can keep everyone injured well too, which then allows victor to snowball them if they happen to group up or fail to punish them.

    Point is while I would rank them B, they aren't as bad and dependent on mass slugging as everyone says they are.

  • Myers for one. People drastically underestimate having 100% always on Undetectable until you decide to end it. So many Survivors get very dumb and very inefficient when they get nearly zero info on where the Killer is. They also very much underestimate T2 having only a 16m TR at base instead of the normal 32m. Giving the Survivors half the warning (or less) that you're coming is actually quite good. Now granted very open maps and Spine Chill kind of ruin him, but his strengths are unique and very much worth it.

    Legion for the other. Yeah their power isn't going to down anyone, but it can easily force Survivors to waste a ton of time. Even more if you bring perks that make staying injured a really bad idea.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117062#Comment_2117062

    Yeap lol. He's almost as oppressive as nurse and spirit. 1 of 3 killers that can hit you. And be right back on you in 5 seconds. Sometimes before you can even make it to a tile of any kind.

    Yeah playing against him can be really rough. I don't see him a ton unfortunately.

    (Side note, sorry about me getting a little heated on that one thread a bit ago. I overreacted lol)

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    Id say Myers. If you have the the right perks you can make him pretty solid and his addons are some of the most interesting/gamechanging in the game.

    You can also make some fun builds that surprise people (such as using obsession perks that make you want to harm your obsession) and you can run add ons that are better against your obsession. People don't expect it and it works pretty well.

    I think he needs a little love though but I like him a lot

    I second this. Mookel Myers can really snowball a match.

  • My biased opinion is The Pig, since I play more of her than anyone else.

    As has been stated, she has her own innate slowdown mechanism in the RBT's. I've had plenty of games where the first couple of gens popped and then -- nothing -- as I applied pressure to untrapped survivors while their teammates frantically wasted time trying to get active traps off. That slowdown is invaluable.

    The ability to get a kill as well with an RBT is also huge. I've had a match where I hooked someone for their death hook and had someone's RBT kill them somewhere across the map -- while someone like Bubba can down multiple people in one attack, only the Pig can get two people simultaneously dead through normal gameplay. When that happens (it's rare, but satisfying), it's completely a game-ender.

    She doesn't have any particular power that's overbearing or OP, but she can be played multiple ways. Sometimes stealthy, sometimes aggressively, like using her Ambush attack in loops against a survivor. She's clearly no Nurse of Spirit, but I'm surprised more people don't play her (and some that do, play her incorrectly -- i.e., tunneling a survivor with an inactive trap while the rest of a team powers through getting multiple gens to pop at once).

    I also think Wraith is currently underrated as well. He went from a low-tier killer to actually dangerous, even against good survivors, with the buff to his cloaked movement speed.

  • Plague, Pig, and Twins.

    Plague because it’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t scenario. Don’t cleanse and she has easy tracking, counters all healing perks, and an insta down. Cleanse and she gets her better power and I’ve seen some Plague’s get some really good shots with her Corrupt Purge.

    Pig can slow the game to a halt with her RBT. She’s not the greatest but for some reason I usually do well with her despite running zero slowdown perks.

    Twins are actually pretty good due to being in two places at once but you have to play them very campy and slug a lot :/

  • @Asssblasster625 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116817#Comment_2116817

    It’s people not playing him. If the amount of games I get with 3 to 4 kills is honestly surprising. People don’t expect you to be able to find them immediately cause you can shock half the map. What perks do you run, I don’t find many other doc mains so I’m curious

    I run a few perk builds, but right now I'm running the below build:

    Whispers: I love static blast but the cooldown is too long, even with order add ons. Whispers guarantees at least 1 hit, or it can show me if somebody is hiding in locker since Whispers activates but Static Blast missed.

    Corrupt Intervention: Doctor doesn't have any way to cross map quickly so locking 3 furthest gens gives me time to build up steam.

    BBQ: generic perk for locating and BP lol

    PGTW: only gen regression in my build when I have time to kick.

    Goal is to minimize searching time and apply pressure.

    I'm thinking of dropping BBQ for Iron Maiden as it'll give me information, but exposes them at the same time.

    Ive had fun with PGTW and Oppression but I find it hard to continously keep kicking gens.

    PGTW is okay too, but I am thinking of switching to either Surge or Starstruck to either down another survivor or auto regress gens. This is probably better for my playstyle since I don't have to kick gens.

    You can also run Starstruck and Infectious Fright for instant information.

    I also had fun with Corrupt Intervention + Thrilling Tremors combo for again slowing game down and information.

  • Legion, heavily underestimated potential, great slowdown abilities and literally cuts the amount of actual good chase plays you need to make in half. It's just the fact that you are overly punished for messing up that makes them seem worse than they really are.

  • @NotTheVommyMommy said:

    People underestimate how good Clown can be, and how they still think he's the worst is beyond me.

    He can do a few tricks, but he is definitely one of the weakest. If you drop a pallet early as a survivor, what is the Clown going to do?

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    All killers can win by force against the best survivor teams in the world, even without tournament rules set in place to make the killer's life easier or more manageable. it's just unrealistically hard. Every killer is vastly underrated.

    You are telling me that I can play Clown in a high tournament and win?

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117350#Comment_2117350

    I think I am the only player who can seriously attempt to play clown, wraith or trapper in a high tournament and win. Maaaybe someone like Ryuga or otz. I think if we were robots we would absolutely demolish those tournaments and super win btw, and the reason it's hard isn't the killer's fault, it's the players. You have to work 10 times as hard, it's not equal effort to reward BUT killer is ultimately competitive or stronger imho.

    I strongly disagree. Even otz and other competitive players agree survivors are favored overall and some killers are not tournament viable against teams (especially teams with coms)

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117416#Comment_2117416

    I can reliably beat most teams with every killer and I wouldn't mind playing something low tier like wraith, legion or trickster into a team like Oracle or Agony. It's harder, obviously but killer is very strong and this game isn't as survivor sided as people think it is. You can't race the survivors but you CAN achieve critical mass and stop them dead and every killer can do it, not just nurse or spirit.

    My wraith or clown is better than some of if not all of the nurses I saw in tournament games so far btw, but I didn't watch many of them so shrugs

    I guess you must be the best player in the entire game. We are not worthy


    Honestly though all of the top killer mains have agreed that the best survivors (even without coms) are unstoppable. I just don't believe you. The top survivors will always beat the top killers. It's been shown time and time again.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • Twins, against an uncoordinated group of survivors its a massacare. The do drop off a lot when its a SWF or even just duos since playing in pairs makes them so much weaker but generally solo survivors don't have the brainpower to do that.

  • Demogorgon and Blight.

    Blight is arguably the 2nd or 3rd strongest killer in the game; he's insane.

    Demogorgon is top B tier IMO, he's quite balanced and strong overall, underused and misunderstood for some reason.

  • IMO, Plague is the best ranged killer and easily A tier material. Hit validation makes her life a bit more difficult, but that's a issue that may be fixed in the future.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Demoboi. Pallet shredding and zoning capabilities as well as mapwide teleport. Yes.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116749#Comment_2116749

    But if you learn every killer perfectly, he's definitely the weakest out of them.

    I just love playing as him. When survivors sees me, they thinking that gonna easy game. I am changing them mind.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Clown. He has great chase and his antidote isn’t used enough. Great add ons too

    Beat me to it.

  • @Mew said:

    definitely pig and plague

    pig: has basekit slowdown and her dash can be used to mindgame loops

    plague- people say how if people dont cleanse shes weak, when having everyone 1 hit down the entire match is very strong. she’s essentially an infinite tier 3 myers base kit

    So true about Plague. This is especially potent when she’s played correctly, with an emphasis on getting all 4 survivors infected with base infection ASAP, so that they all passively reach broken early in the game.

    I find by mid/late game, the survivors just can’t take it anymore (and I’m talking about highly skilled survivors), and always eventually start cleansing, no matter how stubborn they are.