Solo queue survivors who don't run kindred

Why?

(Asking out of curiosity, not telling you to run it)

Comments

  • I run it basically every game. I just like to know what everyone is doing. I genuinely feel like it helps everyone in the trial make better decisions. Solo Q groups need all the help they can get. Also works decently with PT as a sort of ghetto bond.

  • I get what you mean. I like running Kindred because it's very good. I really like the information about the killer.

    One guy said "Uhh, but I dont wanna see the guy selfcaring in the corner"

    if you are on the hook, you will see him no matter what. If not, Kindred tells you that if no ones goes for the unhook YOU should do it. Thats the point.

    Beside the fact that you can see what the Killer is doing and adjust your position to have an advantage and other small things like map awarness (sth that only a good Killer has).

    It's the fact to see if someone is ALREADY sprinting to the hook so that YOU can stay there, be efficient and do a gen. Or if no one goes for the unhook or both Survivors are deactivated by the Killer, you have to go.

    And you see where exactly your teammates are and maybe the Killer too. That gives you the chance to position yourself perfect.

    Kindred is a very good perk and very impactful. But if you have those hardcore noobs who despites to do anything productive it really doesn't matter what perks you run. No DS, BT, Unbreakable - Nothing is enough to win a game with those.

    But all I can tell is that the quality of the games and the chances that the game will go well are higher with Kindred. It's all about information and how to position yourself perfect = efficiency. That's my personal experience.

    Doesn't mean I don't run other things. Atm I enjoy healing build and WGLF. Just to relax and don't give a F about escaping or not.

  • @Yords said:

    Why?

    Sometimes I get annoyed with needing 2 perk slot just for basic info that is free for Swfs. (small game, kindred).

  • I tend not to use it as others have said, it ends up annoying me more than it is helpful when I see what other teammates are doing and it's often nothing useful.

  • Info is fun until you realize that a perk slot for info has much less value than a perk slot for situations.

  • Solo survivors should not be forced to run perks to get what swf get for free.


    I have yet to see a single update to buff solo survivors like the devs said they wanted to.

  • @Zozzy said:

    Solo survivors should not be forced to run perks to get what swf get for free.

    I have yet to see a single update to buff solo survivors like the devs said they wanted to.

    Kindred as base kit would be too strong, there has to be a different change to survivors to make solo queue better.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2112063#Comment_2112063

    Actually, I think deliverance is sometimes detrimental to use in solo queue. Yeah sure, it can help you when your teammates leave you on hook, but what happens when they don't? Most of the time a teammate will rescue you, but if you have deliverance and use it there is a good chance that your teammate will have already wasted their time to come get you and it would have been better to let them rescue you.

    Kindred tells you a lot more than just where the killer is, it lets everyone know what everyone is up to which is valuable information.

    In end game, you should probably be on second stage or death hook if you have been taking hooks for your teammates.

    you are overestimating my solo queue teammates. i got hooked and all of them waited at the exit gate teabagging. the killer wasnt even hardcore camping so they easily couldve gotten it. i feel like deliverance completely removes a lot of solo queue issues while kindred still has you relying on teammates to some extent.

  • @swager21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2112515#Comment_2112515

    you are overestimating my solo queue teammates. i got hooked and all of them waited at the exit gate teabagging. the killer wasnt even hardcore camping so they easily couldve gotten it. i feel like deliverance completely removes a lot of solo queue issues while kindred still has you relying on teammates to some extent.

    I think that most people underestimate how good the average solo queue game is and would be willing to prove it, gimme like a week or two to play some survivor with and without kindred. This should be interesting.

  • @lagosta said:

    @ShamelessPigMain I wonder how many of us in SQ would equip a perk that granted blindness while hooked.

    Me.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2111486#Comment_2111486

    But that doesn't happen every game, you would rather just not run it most of the time?

    Honey I'm stuck at rank 5, no need to rub it in.

  • I usually do run it but I've had games where I have it and still no one comes for me. And this is red ranks.

1 2 ›