How would you rework Insidious?
I don't think it's a particularly healthy perk to have in the game, despite it not being that good. And it's going to be made weaker with the BT buff.
So how would you rework it?
Personally I think it could work something like this:
After hooking a survivor, when you are 40/36/32 Meters away from the hooked survivor gain the Undetectable Status effect until the survivor is unhooked OR you take an offensive action.
I think it could be useful, and it encourages you to leave the hook (instead of camping like current insidious does). The effect would go away if you came within that range of the survivor, but would come back again as long as the survivor was still on the hook and you hadn't taken an offensive action (Anything that counts for PWYF)
Comments
I would want to play around the term insidious.
We should turn it into something that affects survivors the longer a match progresses? Or something like inflicting oblivious on survivors could be cool. I feel like the oblivious effect is not used alot.
I like your idea and I had an idea similar to yours I would have reworked it like this
Insidious
Unlocks your inner stealth
Whenever you hook or kill a survivor you gain the undetectable status effect for 30/35/40 seconds or until you start a chase with another survivor.
Since it's a basic perk, it should have a basic effect
The hooking to gain undetectable for x amount of time is great, because it would also be a soft counter to Kindred and could help the killers that get countered by Kindred the most (Namely someone like Hag or Trapper)
Unlocks your inner stealth.
When you are within 4/8/12 meters of a Generator, Exit Gate, Chest, Totem, Hatch, or a Survivor in the Dying State, you become Undetectable until you leave the area. Insidious does not activate near the Killer Shack or a hooked survivor. During a chase, standing still for 2 seconds grants you the Undetectable Status Effect until you act or move again.
When Insidious activates, gain a Token, up to 4 tokens, by grabbing or hitting a survivor with or without your power inside of the radius. Each token gives a stackable 25% bloodpoint bonus, up to a maximum of 100%. The bonus bloodpoints are only awarded post-trial.
This encourages better Insidious plays instead of the generic facecamping. With the BPs bonuses it encourages killers to run this perk, and rewards them for mindgaming survivors. Might be good on Bubba, Billy, Myers, and Clown. This perk also makes DBD feel more of a horror game.
Mnhh....I don't have an issue with it really but if I had to?....
I would make it activated with E like dead hard, give it a perquisite you have to earn somehow, and then once prepped you can activate it to gain undetectable for a period of time
It can be balanced by what it takes to earn it, and how long it lasts when activated.
I wouldn't. I think the Perk is just fine as it stands now. The purpose of the Perk is to hide his/her aura from things that would give it away, like Kindred for example. To activate it the Killer has to stand still. It doesn't make the Killer invisible to line of sight, so there is zero issue.
What I would do is rework Distortion so that is the Survivor version of Insidious, i.e. instead of the Tokens and the way it works now, the Survivor must also stop and stand still for a certain period of time and they too get their aura hidden. Any interactions with the environment turn it off.
My idea:
Hit a survivor gain a token, to 3 tokens. Once you have full tokens, you can use the perks.
Press active button to activate the perks, gain Undetectable for 30s.
-You dont gain token hitting survivor while being Undetectable
I think it's fine for what it is. But maybe it could let you hear footsteps and breathing louder while activated.
With insidious you already punish yourself by standing still. As killer I hate doing nothing. It feels like wasting time. I can't stand still while survivors progress the game. Pressuring altruism is extremely punishing when survivors pressuring gens.
So insidious is probably good against survivors who not hurry to escape. It can provide fun moments when you push survivor from hot gen and hide waiting them comeback. So this is why I think insidious is a meme perk and it's ok.
That sounds awesome
A minor thing that would help it is if it allowed you to use your power as long as you stand still, this would greatly synergies with deathslinger, huntress, etc