Detective’s hunch is already better than small game

All these threads complaining that the totem counter isn’t added to the HUD but is instead tied to a perk when we literally have a jack of all trade in Detective’s Hunch.

With two gens done on opposites sides of the map you should practically have seen all totems. Add the remaining 3 that need to be completed for the dreaded NOED and there’s no way you won’t be able to see all totems during the game.

And you also get deja vu/visionary for free to seal the deal.

Anyone still complaining about NOED is just lazy

Comments

  • My problem with detective's hunch is that my mind is simple and I immediately forget where the totems are. I tend to run small game for this reason.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    My problem with detective's hunch is that my mind is simple and I immediately forget where the totems are. I tend to run small game for this reason.

    Good on you for at least running small game, I’m mostly talking about the survivors who want the game to hold their hands and give them totem information for free so they can easily get rid of noed while also keeping their own meta perks

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    My problem with detective's hunch is that my mind is simple and I immediately forget where the totems are. I tend to run small game for this reason.

    That's why I bring a map when I use Detective's Hunch.

  • Detective’s Hunch is such a great and extremely underrated perk. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it in a lobby unless I’m the one using it. Tapp himself is a rare sight to see, so maybe a lot of people don’t even have it unlocked yet? 🤨

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    My problem with detective's hunch is that my mind is simple and I immediately forget where the totems are. I tend to run small game for this reason.

    you can find the killers hex after 2 gens max. you can bring a rainbow map so you dont forget the locations. you sound like you have never used detectives hunch

  • @BuffySummers said:

    Detective’s Hunch is such a great and extremely underrated perk. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it in a lobby unless I’m the one using it. Tapp himself is a rare sight to see, so maybe a lot of people don’t even have it unlocked yet? 🤨

    It's in my main build and usually in every build I run. The information from it is fantastic.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2104818#Comment_2104818

    It's in my main build and usually in every build I run. The information from it is fantastic.

    It’s currently in my main build too, a long with Kindred. I’ve noticed a big increase in NOED recently, so I always like to get those bones cleansed lol.

  • @swager21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2104148#Comment_2104148

    you can find the killers hex after 2 gens max. you can bring a rainbow map so you dont forget the locations. you sound like you have never used detectives hunch

    I can't bring a rainbow map every game. Do you think I'm a BP billionaire?

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2104820#Comment_2104820

    I can't bring a rainbow map every game. Do you think I'm a BP billionaire?

    you dont need a rainbow map. after a generator gets done you can check out the highlighted totem spots to see if theyre the hex

  • Detective Hunch is my secret to finding totems. Also I have to agree most, easily the most underrated survivor perk.

  • I think the most important utility of Small Game is how easily it can be attained, being a universal perk its already unlocked when you start and as far as early perks go is really not that bad of an alternative until Detective's Hunch is in the shrine or someone unlocks Tapp. (Considering he also has tenacity, not a bad idea.)

    Hopefully it also becomes a tool for people to more organically learn totem spawns through normal gameplay, allowing devs to buff hexes into being a more normalized secondary objective. With that said you'd basically need deja vu, small game, and plunderer's instinct to replace all the information that detective's hunch gives you.

  • Detective's Hunch is definitely the best totem counter by far, I've been able to solo all the totems in the map using that perk and saved my team from NOED.

  • @whispersenthusiast said:

    All these threads complaining that the totem counter isn’t added to the HUD but is instead tied to a perk when we literally have a jack of all trade in Detective’s Hunch.

    With two gens done on opposites sides of the map you should practically have seen all totems. Add the remaining 3 that need to be completed for the dreaded NOED and there’s no way you won’t be able to see all totems during the game.

    And you also get deja vu/visionary for free to seal the deal.

    Anyone still complaining about NOED is just lazy

    Agreed. Ever since HEX: Undying was created, i used detective's hunch as meta. it really helps searching for hexes.