Interview Series episode 3: Yords

After two smash hits with the interviews of dspaceman20 and GoodBoyKaru with good views and reviews the series will continue with @Yords. I've continued to learn and once more this will be a little different. Thank you Yords for accepting this. Let's begin.

1. How'd you discover the game?

2. How'd you come up with the name Yords?

Comments

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2103272#Comment_2103272

    Would be the viewed post ever. If anyone can get it to happen. I would love to do it.

    Yeah, just as I thought Sluzzy didn't respond.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2103365#Comment_2103365

    Yes, I do. Blight, the Twins, and especially the Trickster really need to get their own map. We haven't had a huge amount of content come into the game since the silent hill chapter where we received a full chapter. Giving us a new map for the killers who don't have one is definitely what is needed and players would love to see new maps.

    Freddy is a bit weird. He sort of needs a rework again, but he doesn't. I think he needs changes to make him more skillful and even more deadly in the dream world. Having his skill rely in keeping survivors asleep would make him less boring and more fun while still keeping him strong.

    22. With the three killers with their add-ons reworked and updated the only killer left with an oddest of add-ons left is Michael. His power itself is outdated but many say his powerful tombstone add-ons keep him afloat should Michael or another killer be top priority for changes? And if so how should they go about this?

  • It's fine Sluzzy just doesn't want to do it.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2103452#Comment_2103452

    22. With the three killers with their add-ons reworked and updated the only killer left with an oddest of add-ons left is Michael. His power itself is outdated but many say his powerful tombstone add-ons keep him afloat should Michael or another killer be top priority for changes? And if so how should they go about this?

    His power needs to be updated for sure, but I am not sure whether or not to change his tombstone addons. His tombstone addons fit with his lore and make him unique because he along with the Pig and Pyramid head are the only killers who can kill survivors without actually sacrificing them through the use of hooks. The tombstones are also VERY strong, but also just as counterable. So no, I don't think they should be at top priority for his changes.

    He needs a rework, and then his tombstone addons should be changed with them as well. I also think it would be cool to keep the effect of the tombstones (killing any survivor instantly), he is a licensed killer after all, he needs to be special from the other killers (not saying the others aren't special in their own way of course). They need to update Michael to meet the modern standard of a DBD killer while keeping the tombstones and changing the addons to work with his new power.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2103496#Comment_2103496

    His power needs to be updated for sure, but I am not sure whether or not to change his tombstone addons. His tombstone addons fit with his lore and make him unique because he along with the Pig and Pyramid head are the only killers who can kill survivors without actually sacrificing them through the use of hooks. The tombstones are also VERY strong, but also just as counterable. So no, I don't think they should be at top priority for his changes.

    He needs a rework, and then his tombstone addons should be changed with them as well. I also think it would be cool to keep the effect of the tombstones (killing any survivor instantly), he is a licensed killer after all, he needs to be special from the other killers (not saying the others aren't special in their own way of course). They need to update Michael to meet the modern standard of a DBD killer while keeping the tombstones and changing the addons to work with his new power.

    23. What do you believe should happen to other killers in desperate need of changes?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2103694#Comment_2103694

    23. What do you believe should happen to other killers in desperate need of changes?

    I believe that they should get changes that buff their power and change it in some ways, such as pig and legion. She needs a total addon overhaul and power rework.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2104740#Comment_2104740

    I believe that they should get changes that buff their power and change it in some ways, such as pig and legion. She needs a total addon overhaul and power rework.

    24. Small game was recently changed to come with a totem counter essentially no to Noed. This has delighted some but angered others who've said this should be base along with other things. Do you believe something like a totem counter should be base or remain a perk?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2105077#Comment_2105077

    24. Small game was recently changed to come with a totem counter essentially no to Noed. This has delighted some but angered others who've said this should be base along with other things. Do you believe something like a totem counter should be base or remain a perk?

    I agree with survivors getting a totem counter, but not a straight up one like they do for generators. They could make it more immersive by doing something like making all survivors hear a breeze of wind for each dull totem they cleanse, or having 5 candles blow out for each remaining totem left in the match just below a totem. So yes, I believe that some sort of totem counter should be base instead of being in a perk.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2105115#Comment_2105115

    I agree with survivors getting a totem counter, but not a straight up one like they do for generators. They could make it more immersive by doing something like making all survivors hear a breeze of wind for each dull totem they cleanse, or having 5 candles blow out for each remaining totem left in the match just below a totem. So yes, I believe that some sort of totem counter should be base instead of being in a perk.

    25. The devs have just nerfed most Demo add-ons do you believe it was justified compensation for his buffed portals?

  • Imma ask you a question @WishIcouldmain cause this looks hella fun, do you think this is fun?

  • @Hoodied said:

    Imma ask you a question @WishIcouldmain cause this looks hella fun, do you think this is fun?

    I enjoy it although it's annoying if there's a question I forgot to ask.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2106078#Comment_2106078

    I enjoy it although it's annoying if there's a question I forgot to ask.

    Ah, well its good to know that you are enjoying it and not forcing yourself to do this, can't wait to see more in the future

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2105129#Comment_2105129

    25. The devs have just nerfed most Demo add-ons do you believe it was justified compensation for his buffed portals?

    No, I even submitted my own suggestions to fix this. The compensation is just unnecessary. Demo's base shred speed should be set to 100% without any negative compensation. There really was no reason to nerf the rat liver if the devs weren't going to change his base shred speed. Rat liver could be changed to do something like increase the shred range by a meter or two, same thing for his deer lung addon. Why is his deer lung addon even given a drawback? The only addons that need drawbacks are ultra rares that provide a powerful effect such as the "Judith's tombstone" addon for Myers, not a green tiered addon.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2106060#Comment_2106060

    No, I even submitted my own suggestions to fix this. The compensation is just unnecessary. Demo's base shred speed should be set to 100% without any negative compensation. There really was no reason to nerf the rat liver if the devs weren't going to change his base shred speed. Rat liver could be changed to do something like increase the shred range by a meter or two, same thing for his deer lung addon. Why is his deer lung addon even given a drawback? The only addons that need drawbacks are ultra rares that provide a powerful effect such as the "Judith's tombstone" addon for Myers, not a green tiered addon.

    26. Do you believe the change to hatch is a good way in the right direction? But do you believe it's effective though?

    27. This is something I just realized. People are saying Demos been nerfed. While his base has been improved. Yet no one is saying Huntress is nerfed and her add-ons had just as big a change. And no base change. Does this show how much Rat Liver became an integral part of Demo gameplay? And should add-ons be considered in balance? Or is it simply add-ons are necessary on Demo and not Huntress?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2106239#Comment_2106239

    26. Do you believe the change to hatch is a good way in the right direction? But do you believe it's effective though?

    I mean, I guess? The hatch change won't really change much at all really. It is not effective in changing the hatch.

    I honestly don't know, contrary to popular belief, Demo can still play well without the rat liver. The rat liver definitely helps him a bunch, but he still got more than he lost. I think people are overreacting. However, the Huntress's second iri addon is just a bit... not good at all.

  • Yo I’d be down to do one of these if you wanted

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2106854#Comment_2106854

    I mean, I guess? The hatch change won't really change much at all really. It is not effective in changing the hatch.

    I honestly don't know, contrary to popular belief, Demo can still play well without the rat liver. The rat liver definitely helps him a bunch, but he still got more than he lost. I think people are overreacting. However, the Huntress's second iri addon is just a bit... not good at all.

    28. Were there any perk changes that you believe were the wrong decision?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2107467#Comment_2107467

    28. Were there any perk changes that you believe were the wrong decision?

    Lucky break, the perk might be a little too strong. But if they nerf it the wrong way, then it will become borderline useless again. Everything else, especially the object change, looks pretty good to me honestly.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2108611#Comment_2108611

    Lucky break, the perk might be a little too strong. But if they nerf it the wrong way, then it will become borderline useless again. Everything else, especially the object change, looks pretty good to me honestly.

    29. Do you believe with the Demo changes he'll be more viable and played more often?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2108946#Comment_2108946

    29. Do you believe with the Demo changes he'll be more viable and played more often?

    His addons still need a few more changes and just in general he could use more changes, but the buffs look good.

    I honestly don't really think it matters if demo gets rat liver base kit, he already plays fine without it IMO, I usually play him with double speed addons instead of rat liver.

    The changes he could really use would be the ones that just make him quieter, it is so easy to tell when he is on someone else in a match since you can hear him screaming.

    Overall though, he is only getting better with these changes, so I think we might see a rise in demo players.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2110597#Comment_2110597

    His addons still need a few more changes and just in general he could use more changes, but the buffs look good.

    I honestly don't really think it matters if demo gets rat liver base kit, he already plays fine without it IMO, I usually play him with double speed addons instead of rat liver.

    The changes he could really use would be the ones that just make him quieter, it is so easy to tell when he is on someone else in a match since you can hear him screaming.

    Overall though, he is only getting better with these changes, so I think we might see a rise in demo players.

    30. There are a few maps left to be changed even more with the Coldwind change. One of the maps people don't know about though is Hawkins. Do you believe Hawkins qualifies for an update?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2110752#Comment_2110752

    There are a few maps left to be changed even more with the Coldwind change. One of the maps people don't know about though is Hawkins. Do you believe Hawkins qualifies for an update?

    Eh, not really. I think that Hawkins is just fine, mayyyybe it could use a slight tune up with more special effects such as lights being turned off, but that is it.

    In fact it would be amazing if whenever the demogorgon hits a survivor with a shred in Hawkins or in other maps, the lights would flicker.

  • I am very much enjoying this series!

  • @Pulsar said:

    I am very much enjoying this series!

    Ditto, my friend.

    I hope I get my chance for this one day, but I'm not a major forum member as these guys so I doubt it.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2110881#Comment_2110881

    Eh, not really. I think that Hawkins is just fine, mayyyybe it could use a slight tune up with more special effects such as lights being turned off, but that is it.

    In fact it would be amazing if whenever the demogorgon hits a survivor with a shred in Hawkins or in other maps, the lights would flicker.

    31. What other perks do you believe with enough care can become good perks that sneak into builds more common?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2111056#Comment_2111056

    31. What other perks do you believe with enough care can become good perks that sneak into builds more common?

    Second wind, it is still pretty situational but can help with tunneling off hook and save you time to reset.

    MoM, if they ever fix the protection hits that is. This perk can easily become meta if it actually was much more consistent imo, it would also promote team play and saving your teammates.

    BL, the only reason this perk is not meta is because not every map has loads of ledges to jump off of. Some have only a few and shelter woods none. If there were more ledges it could definitely help. I think it could become meta easily because you are able to silently get a huge head start from the killer.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2111984#Comment_2111984

    Second wind, it is still pretty situational but can help with tunneling off hook and save you time to reset.

    MoM, if they ever fix the protection hits that is. This perk can easily become meta if it actually was much more consistent imo, it would also promote team play and saving your teammates.

    BL, the only reason this perk is not meta is because not every map has loads of ledges to jump off of. Some have only a few and shelter woods none. If there were more ledges it could definitely help. I think it could become meta easily because you are able to silently get a huge head start from the killer.

    32. The devs are ona constant schedule they've said they get to work on another chapter immediately but do you believe at least a Mid-Chapter should be devoted to game health?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2112526#Comment_2112526

    32. The devs are ona constant schedule they've said they get to work on another chapter immediately but do you believe at least a Mid-Chapter should be devoted to game health?

    Honestly? Yeah, of course I do. A game health patch that is PROPER and actually full of many bug fixes, balances, and buffs for killers would go a long way.

    People keep saying it would not profit BHVR, but I really think it would. It would make people want to play the game again. What they could do is bring out a health patch followed by a smaller one that brings out loads of cool skins for several characters. That would be a good plan in my eyes, but I'm no expert.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2113364#Comment_2113364

    Honestly? Yeah, of course I do. A game health patch that is PROPER and actually full of many bug fixes, balances, and buffs for killers would go a long way.

    People keep saying it would not profit BHVR, but I really think it would. It would make people want to play the game again. What they could do is bring out a health patch followed by a smaller one that brings out loads of cool skins for several characters. That would be a good plan in my eyes, but I'm no expert.

    33. From what you can tell does Coldwind seem to have a successful rework?

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2113384#Comment_2113384

    33. From what you can tell does Coldwind seem to have a successful rework?

    Graphics-wise? Yes, for sure. I disagree with the statement that it doesn't fit with DBD because it still does while making a completely new-looking map. It even has good collision for huntress and deathslinger and there is so far only one sound bug with the map. It will definitely be successful (again, graphics-wise).

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2113826#Comment_2113826

    Graphics-wise? Yes, for sure. I disagree with the statement that it doesn't fit with DBD because it still does while making a completely new-looking map. It even has good collision for huntress and deathslinger and there is so far only one sound bug with the map. It will definitely be successful (again, graphics-wise).

    34. Just been shown Resident Evil is coming what are your expectations and are you excited? And give a summary please I don't know enough about Resident Evil.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2113863#Comment_2113863

    34. Just been shown Resident Evil is coming what are your expectations and are you excited? And give a summary please I don't know enough about Resident Evil.

    My expectations are high since I am going to assume they sacrificed the quality of "All-kill" for RE. They also did very well with "Silent Hill" and for a title as big as RE they will probably do another good job. I honestly don't know what to expect. I wish I could tell you a lot about the game but I honestly don't know too much about the story myself. In the games though, you play as really cool characters and fight zombies and other giant mutated people enhanced by a virus and you sometimes get crazy weapons to use. You should play the remakes of the game or look up on youtube to explain the story because I myself don't know too much about the lore, all I know is that you fight crazy monsters with crazy weapons sometimes in a zombie outbreak.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2114048#Comment_2114048

    My expectations are high since I am going to assume they sacrificed the quality of "All-kill" for RE. They also did very well with "Silent Hill" and for a title as big as RE they will probably do another good job. I honestly don't know what to expect. I wish I could tell you a lot about the game but I honestly don't know too much about the story myself. In the games though, you play as really cool characters and fight zombies and other giant mutated people enhanced by a virus and you sometimes get crazy weapons to use. You should play the remakes of the game or look up on youtube to explain the story because I myself don't know too much about the lore, all I know is that you fight crazy monsters with crazy weapons sometimes in a zombie outbreak.

    Thank you very much.

    35. Probably gonna wrap this one up unless you have something else with everything happening but thank you Yords for accepting this.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2115335#Comment_2115335

    Thank you very much.

    35. Probably gonna wrap this one up unless you have something else with everything happening but thank you Yords for accepting this.

    I don't have anything else and I could go for some more questions, but you can end the interview if you would like, I had my fun already. I'm sure other people are eagerly waiting for their turn.

  • mmmm I see Spirit on the first page.

    I am pleased.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116266#Comment_2116266

    I don't have anything else and I could go for some more questions, but you can end the interview if you would like, I had my fun already. I'm sure other people are eagerly waiting for their turn.

    Would go longer but the recent changes kinda messed up my plan.

  • Me, eagerly awaiting to see who @WishIcouldmain interviews next

    dd73ae1a95ba6592b431ad7cd89d164e (1).jpg


  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2116465#Comment_2116465

    Would go longer but the recent changes kinda messed up my plan.

    What plan do you have?

  • @WishIcouldmain You could interview me if you want :)

  • @ItzZane_ said:

    @WishIcouldmain You could interview me if you want :)

    I believe it's only open to prominent Forum members and/or people with 1000+ posts.

  • I had gone in to this with a certain plan and set of questions to ask including past comments. But I ended up scrambling with the plethora of announcements.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117985#Comment_2117985

    I had gone in to this with a certain plan and set of questions to ask including past comments. But I ended up scrambling with the plethora of announcements.

    ah, so are you going to ask me the rest of the questions or just end the interview?

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118024#Comment_2118024

    ah, so are you going to ask me the rest of the questions or just end the interview?

    End it although after I've gathered enough experience to see what does and doesn't work I'll come back.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118170#Comment_2118170

    End it although after I've gathered enough experience to see what does and doesn't work I'll come back.

    cool

1 2 ›