How I would change Main Event

You see it in his mori, you see in his promotional crap, hell you even see it at the top of the discussion page. Trickster can throw four knives at a time with no problem.

So what I would do is simply this, you can't hold onto main event just like before, but instead of throwing knives like a machine gun, he simply throws four at a time that spread at a horizontal angle. This means you can do an entire health state with 2 successful hits if you were directly behind a survivor. The catch is that every throw would take an additional 1 (or .5 whatever's balanced) second off the duration of Main event while allowing you to throw when you wanted to instead of it going off on its own.

Could be better could be weaker, who knows?

Comments

  • Interesting idea and could work pretty well. Probably the best main event suggestion I’ve seen

  • Damn sounds actually awesome. Didn't know people could come up with good stuff. Nice one OP!

  • Better then what we have now. current main event makes him weaker!

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Interesting idea and could work pretty well. Probably the best main event suggestion I’ve seen

    @Shenshen said:

    Damn sounds actually awesome. Didn't know people could come up with good stuff. Nice one OP!

    @Zozzy said:

    Better then what we have now. current main event makes him weaker!

    Surprised at the agreement. Usually my discussions are controversial for some reason. Thanks.

  • @LazyPayday said:

    You see it in his mori, you see in his promotional crap, hell you even see it at the top of the discussion page. Trickster can throw four knives at a time with no problem.

    So what I would do is simply this, you can't hold onto main event just like before, but instead of throwing knives like a machine gun, he simply throws four at a time that spread at a horizontal angle. This means you can do an entire health state with 2 successful hits if you were directly behind a survivor. The catch is that every throw would take an additional 1 (or .5 whatever's balanced) second off the duration of Main event while allowing you to throw when you wanted to instead of it going off on its own.

    Could be better could be weaker, who knows?

    I think that this post needs attention. I think that this is a great suggestion for a substitution

  • @Blue_Archer33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/241589/how-i-would-change-main-event

    I think that this post needs attention. I think that this is a great suggestion for a substitution

    Probably too many discussions of a similar nature and people are tired of it, thank you though.

  • Not a bad idea

    Personally I'm not a fan of the luck required at range tho

    My idea is he gets 8 knives each knife dose 250%bonus laceration and the final 300%

    If he misses 3 knives main event ends

    Upon landing all 8 you get an option called encore actvateing this gives you 8 more knives

    When the surivor goes down to main event they scream like infectious.

    Actvateing encore gives you a 10% speed buff for 5s

    Your ideas?

    Ohh forgot you also have a 45s window to activate main event

  • @onemind said:

    Not a bad idea

    Personally I'm not a fan of the luck required at range tho

    My idea is he gets 8 knives each knife dose 250%bonus laceration and the final 300%

    If he misses 3 knives main event ends

    Upon landing all 8 you get an option called encore actvateing this gives you 8 more knives

    When the surivor goes down to main event they scream like infectious.

    Actvateing encore gives you a 10% speed buff for 5s

    Your ideas?

    Oh yeah, I remember your post. Personally I'm not a fan of the whole idea "it's just better version of his normal knives" like I had no interest in Trutalent's idea of making it one knife that deals a damage state all on its own. I do like the idea of restocking and being given another chance to continue it, adds a bit of a skill ceiling to the otherwise basic but cool (at least imo) current version of just throwing them endlessly. Feel like it'd destroy any chance of saving a survivor Trickster is camping though, as he could just keep getting it back if he simply waited for them to rush the hook, they'd have to bait him activating it before running away.

    I just saw how he's constantly holding up multiple knives and how his backstory says that he did tricks and that's how I came up with my version, didn't really consider the details too much as I just thought it'd be cooler than what we have, too bad it didn't catch on.

  • @LazyPayday said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2097312#Comment_2097312

    Oh yeah, I remember your post. Personally I'm not a fan of the whole idea "it's just better version of his normal knives" like I had no interest in Trutalent's idea of making it one knife that deals a damage state all on its own. I do like the idea of restocking and being given another chance to continue it, adds a bit of a skill ceiling to the otherwise basic but cool (at least imo) current version of just throwing them endlessly. Feel like it'd destroy any chance of saving a survivor Trickster is camping though, as he could just keep getting it back if he simply waited for them to rush the hook, they'd have to bait him activating it before running away.

    I just saw how he's constantly holding up multiple knives and how his backstory says that he did tricks and that's how I came up with my version, didn't really consider the details too much as I just thought it'd be cooler than what we have, too bad it didn't catch on.

    Yeah it is just better knives but still this power cuts the amount of knives to down someone in half ontop of giveing an option to snowball if they stay close and you do excellent

    I do like your idea but I feel like it would depend too much on luck past like 10m

  • @onemind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2097319#Comment_2097319

    Yeah it is just better knives but still this power cuts the amount of knives to down someone in half ontop of giveing an option to snowball if they stay close and you do excellent

    I do like your idea but I feel like it would depend too much on luck past like 10m

    The idea was that it'd be a switch since the buffs will likely his range attacks actually be ranged so that when you activate final event it'd be better to be close range, you could also hit multiple survivors at the same time which is situational. When I thought about it in more detail, I thought it be much quicker, there'd be an audio queue for both trickster and the survivors that he activated it and then he switched immediately, no animation of flipping the knife and then he'd recover out of it much quicker too.

    Another thing you'd need to consider is that one of his red add-ons is already similar in nature as it severely reduces the amount of knives needed to be hit so long as you don't miss. I think it's 4 or 3. So there'd be no point in using main event with it, of course that also applies to mine too.

  • Wait new idea you said he can easily throw 4 knives no problem in his mori

    So what if we combined our ideas I reduce the numbers of mine and introduced your idea of spread he gets x amount of knives and he can tap the active ability button to swap between theese modes one for shorter burst damage at close range and the other mid range it probably would be complex but it's an idea.

  • @onemind said:

    Wait new idea you said he can easily throw 4 knives no problem in his mori

    So what if we combined our ideas I reduce the numbers of mine and introduced your idea of spread he gets x amount of knives and he can tap the active ability button to swap between theese modes one for shorter burst damage at close range and the other mid range it probably would be complex but it's an idea.

    I was about to say you don't need to find a middle ground because I'm not judging you for simply having a different idea than mine but simply thinking critically but I actually like the idea of that. Having extreme versatility during main event would be nice.

  • @LazyPayday said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2097337#Comment_2097337

    I was about to say you don't need to find a middle ground because I'm not judging you for simply having a different idea than mine but simply thinking critically but I actually like the idea of that. Having extreme versatility during main event would be nice.

    Yea the one thing that sux about main is the lack of versatility he has

  • @Dimek said:

    imo his idea is better https://youtu.be/b5a12x7tFEY

    Sorry but I'm a fan of tru3 while it works its just going to be annoying to combat I do like the knife removal idea though needs work but its not the worse idea

  • @Dimek said:

    imo his idea is better https://youtu.be/b5a12x7tFEY

    It's just so boring. One knife that does damage immediately, okay huntress.