For those who asked for obsession every game..

You want to prevent tunnelling. Yes tunnelling sucks, I get it.

But let’s ask one question. Is it SO DAMN HARD to bring 1 DS out of 16 perk slots??

And don’t give arguments of DS being useless or no one brings it in solo queues. It’s FAR FROM USELESS. With just one DS it already forces killers to respect it and not tunnel. Even in solos where all other teammates don’t bring it, you yourself can bring it to force an obsession. Why is it so hard??

Asking for obsession basekit is basically asking DS to be basekit. This is very impactful and it’ll shifts the balance of whole game. Survivors will have more slots to put more second chance perks, and killer has to respect it. It’ll create a scenario where killer is against 20 perks because he respects DS but nobody brings it.

Unless there is a overall killer-equivalent buff, obsession base should not be a thing right now.

Comments

  • @Wafflecat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/241434/for-those-who-asked-for-obsession-every-game

    1 DS out of my 4 perk slots? I solo queue, why do I HAVE to run a specific perk to make sure the killer doesn't tunnel me? Why doesn't the killer just want to play the game fair? I don't run at the killer off hook, I don't stick around under hook.

    Also, it doesn't work. Killers have become more aggressive with their tunneling since the nerf. I ran it last night and stabbed quite a few killers, know what they did? Still tunneled me out. I had a Freddy come back right as I was being unhooked (there was only one other surv in the game because he tunneled the other two). The other survivor was injured, I had BT. He tunnel me through BT, then he tunneled me again. He stood above me and swung at the wall repeatedly, waiting for DS to run out. He then picked me up with .000001 seconds left on it, I stabbed him, he tunneled me again. This is red rank by the way.

    It doesn't work. Killers don't care. So the arguement of 'Run DS 5head" is pretty worthless.

    This game is not designed to play “fair” for killers.

    Often when you play “fairly”, you’re rewarded with losing the game and sometimes trash talk.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096253#Comment_2096253

    Why shouldn't killers Cheer "just run ds" when previously it was exceptionally rare to get a game without it?

    Survivors can't abuse it and are crying for an auto obsession so they can take another abusable perk while also having the "threat" of DS. This is stupid and entitled.

    If you are being tunnelled (real tunnelling) then start to run the perk again. If it was still at its previous popularity then there would be no issues.

    That’s literally my point. DS is no longer god mode, and now survivors are switching to other broken perks, but still doesn’t want killers to tunnel, essentially asking DS basekit.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2097017#Comment_2097017

    I'm a killer main FYI I don't care about DS I don't need it in a game and only ran it to troll, what I'm saying is if killers keep tunneling and having this attitude about it towards survivor on here YOU'RE gonna be the reason survivor gets buffed or a new perk gets introduced to counteract the gameplay

    We already have a perk for it. Decisive strike

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2095176#Comment_2095176

    @Aven_Fallen

    I was thinking the same thing 😂

    Maybe if the devs would actually invest in giving survivors options outside of a perk that doesn’t even deter killers from tunneling, we wouldn’t see that many people doing it.

    I’ve literally had killers say this to me in post chat after making sure they tunneled me out “Nice DS you got there” because it literally doesn’t do anything impactful to really make them not want to eat it.

    Right. I don't run DS often but when I do the killer will eat the DS and proceed to tunnel until death hook. Either that or I am not running DS so they think it's also a freebie to tunnel. Also against a killer like Nurse or Huntress it doesn't waste their time at all aside from the 5 second stun.

  • If you seriously lack the brain cells to understand what I'm trying to say or to understand how the devs collect their data and assess the changes they make, there is no hope for you and I'm done with this convo because it's going nowhere.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2095176#Comment_2095176

    Yeah they nerfed DS so it won’t be abused now. So now it’s no longer free second chance perk. That’s why there is no reason not running it.

    It is still a second-chance Perk.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2097510#Comment_2097510

    If you seriously lack the brain cells to understand what I'm trying to say or to understand how the devs collect their data and assess the changes they make, there is no hope for you and I'm done with this convo because it's going nowhere.

    I know exactly what you are after and how they collect their data, and if they do their job then their data will show that nobody is using the perk or they were safe enough to do a gen or heal.

    I see no issue and neither should they.

    We have an anti tunnel perk. It is called Decisive strike. What survivors want is a FU killer perk where they can do what they want, when they want and not be punished for it.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2097796#Comment_2097796

    I know exactly what you are after and how they collect their data, and if they do their job then their data will show that nobody is using the perk or they were safe enough to do a gen or heal.

    I see no issue and neither should they.

    We have an anti tunnel perk. It is called Decisive strike. What survivors want is a FU killer perk where they can do what they want, when they want and not be punished for it.

    Again that's NOT what I'm trying to say, example: with your logic we wouldn't have more than one exhaust, aura, or healing perk because why would we need more than one?

    Now that DS is nerfed they will see all this gameplay that is going to be considered stale ,repetitive, and unrewarding for both sides, they aren't against tunneling but I'm sure they don't want every single game to involve that sort of gameplay and the more people that advocate for that and ######### on survivors on the here and tell them "just run DS" are gonna be the ones who get them buffed it never fails with this company, and when it happens I swear I'm gonna come back here and copy all these comments your saying and start posting them on your new complaint threads.

  • The problem is that not bringing DS (an anti-tunnel perk) or another obsession perk directly encourages tunneling. Survivors therefore not only don't have the benefit of DS, but are actually further punished for not using it.

    In solo queue you have no idea what perks the other survivors are using. If they're on a different platform to you, you can't even ask. So the question really is "Do I want to bring DS with me every game or risk there being no obsession and therefore encourage tunneling".

    I've used DS I believe once since its nerf. The amount of solo games I've played with no obsession is really frustrating. Are we really at the point where killers are telling us to bring DS? There's got to be something wrong with that logic.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2097832#Comment_2097832

    Again that's NOT what I'm trying to say, example: with your logic we wouldn't have more than one exhaust, aura, or healing perk because why would we need more than one?

    Now that DS is nerfed they will see all this gameplay that is going to be considered stale ,repetitive, and unrewarding for both sides, they aren't against tunneling but I'm sure they don't want every single game to involve that sort of gameplay and the more people that advocate for that and ######### on survivors on the here and tell them "just run DS" are gonna be the ones who get them buffed it never fails with this company, and when it happens I swear I'm gonna come back here and copy all these comments your saying and start posting them on your new complaint threads.

    we had over 3 years of survivors happily using this perk in every game. If they keep running it and use it correctly then killers won't tunnel.

    Nothing has changed, the problem is survivors are pouting and want their toy back.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    You want to prevent tunnelling. Yes tunnelling sucks, I get it.

    But let’s ask one question. Is it SO DAMN HARD to bring 1 DS out of 16 perk slots??

    And don’t give arguments of DS being useless or no one brings it in solo queues. It’s FAR FROM USELESS. With just one DS it already forces killers to respect it and not tunnel. Even in solos where all other teammates don’t bring it, you yourself can bring it to force an obsession. Why is it so hard??

    Asking for obsession basekit is basically asking DS to be basekit. This is very impactful and it’ll shifts the balance of whole game. Survivors will have more slots to put more second chance perks, and killer has to respect it. It’ll create a scenario where killer is against 20 perks because he respects DS but nobody brings it.

    Unless there is a overall killer-equivalent buff, obsession base should not be a thing right now.

    Ik got a slatly swf a 4 probably over 20 and all mad because they farmed in my face didn't have bt or body block so w went after the saved person instant dc

    My first response was run ds. That was a match in a gas tank all 4 said fu we shouldn't have to run ds its nerfed

    My instantaneous response was I shouldn't have to run ruin and if you had ds I wouldn't of been able to hook you

    After that I stopped listening they were so mad for like 20 min

  • making obsession every game would make ds useless

  • @swager21 said:

    ds is from a licensed character so not everyone is going to have access to the perk. and there are a lot of people who missed ds in the shrine.

    For the people also creates an obsession and it's from an original character. If people want there to be an obsession, but don't want to spend a few bucks to get laurie, they can use shards to get zarina.

1 2 ›