Ideal comp SWF team load out - No duplicate perks/items

If you could build a team to be as powerful as possible, what would be the teams loadout for perks and items? Only rule is no item or perk can be used more than once (which I believe some tournaments do) I'll start (killer main, go easy on me)

Survivor 1 - The Unhookable

Perks: boil over, smash hit, power struggle, flip flop

Items: Skeleton key + unique wedding ring + prayer beads

Offering: Petrified oak

Survivor 2 - The MetaHuman

Perks: dead hard, decisive strike, unbreakable, object of obsession

Items: Utility flashlight + Odd bulb + High end sapphire lense

Offering: Strode realty key

Survivor 3 - the mechanic

Perks: saboteur, leader, small game, prove thyself

Items: Engineers toolbox + wire spool + brand new part

Offering: Shroud of binding

Survivor 4 - the savior

Perks: Borrowed time, breakout, deliverance, for the people

Items: Ranger medkit + styptic agent + abdominal dressing

Offering: Jar of salty lips

Playstyle

The whole party jumps on a gen and powers through for a short time except for the metahuman, who goes a bit away to occasionally check the killers location with object. When the killer spots the metahuman he swaps places with the unhookable who encourages a chase. meta follows along near the chase notating gens. If meta notices a 3 gen and unhookable is still solid in the chase, meta starts on breaking the 3 gen as mech and savior come over after finishing gen 1. Otherwise, he continues repairing gens near the chase, while mech and savior move to chase-distant gens and totems

Unhookable takes chase first so he can utilize his smash hit early, but after taking a hit he swaps with meta and gets healed by savior.

They continue this pattern, always attempting for unhookable to be downed, if anyone. When that happens, meta encourages chase to buy time for flip flop value and so mech can get into position for a sabo. Between power struggle, boil over, flashlights, and sabo, unhookable should achieve his namesake.

If there is a hook state, savior is always the one to rescue, with many perks to ensure a safe and effective unhook, so that if she gets hooked, the rest of the team can reset while she waits for deliverance.

Comments

  • Perks

    Object on all 4, profit

  • Ideal?

    Everyone has Dead Hard, Decisive, Borrowed Time and either Prove Tyself or Object.

  • Everyone has Dead Hard, everyone has Iron Will, everyone has Unbreakable, one person has Prove Thyself, two people have Borrowed Time, one person has DS.

    Also, everyone has Ranger Medkits with double speed add-ons, or emergency medkits with speed and +16 charges.

  • @MadLordJack, @Pulsar, @bjorksnas

    Guys, it said no perks or items could be used twice

  • @Exerath1992 said:

    @MadLordJack, @Pulsar, @bjorksnas

    Guys, it said no perks or items could be used twice

    And yet this is what "competitive" teams bring into random trials, so...

  • 4 DH, 4 BT, 1 OoO, 4 UB, 3 Prove Thyself.

    4 Purple toolboxes with BNP.

    1 offering for “The Game” map

    3 offering for increasing hook distance.

    Yay, you can escape under 5 mins with 2 to 3 hooks

    (I don’t use DS because killers has to respect it anyway, and killer loses anyway)

    Edit: Ops didn’t see the single pick perk restriction. But anyway, for “casual” players, this is it. And also this is one of the reason why this game can’t have tournament.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2082974#Comment_2082974

    And yet this is what "competitive" teams bring into random trials, so...

    when I say competitive, I don't mean bully squads in the gen pop. I mean like a tourney with rules such as the ones I implied. There are usually restrictions to keep oppressive meta perks from being overly abused

  • @Exerath1992 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2082993#Comment_2082993

    when I say competitive, I don't mean bully squads in the gen pop. I mean like a tourney with rules such as the ones I implied. There are usually restrictions to keep oppressive meta perks from being overly abused

    Those rules made Camaraderie, one of the worst perks in the game, meta for tournaments.

    Anyway the mechanic should probably have that perk equipped since if the killer catches on and camps them, they can at least last a lot longer and waste more time. Replace Leader

  • Runner 1 (close runner) - Dead Hard, Unbreakable, Decisive Strike, Hope - Toolbox

    Runner 2 (distance runner) - Lithe, Quick & Quiet, Dance with me, Object - Flashlight

    Anti-snowballing 1 (healing) - Borrowed Time, Desperate Measures, Botany Knowledge, We'll make it - Med kit

    Anti-snowballing 2 (toolkit) - Smash Hit, Plunderer's Instinct, Pharmacy, Small game - Map

  • @Mercês said:

    Runner 1 (close runner) - Dead Hard, Unbreakable, Decisive Strike, Hope - Toolbox

    Runner 2 (distance runner) - Lithe, Quick & Quiet, Dance with me, Object - Flashlight

    Anti-snowballing 1 (healing) - Borrowed Time, Desperate Measures, Botany Knowledge, We'll make it - Med kit

    Anti-snowballing 2 (toolkit) - Smash Hit, Plunderer's Instinct, Pharmacy, Small game - Map

    I like what you've done here! Lots of potential, and the 4th guy adds a bunch of item utility, nice

  • @Exerath1992 said:

    @MadLordJack, @Pulsar, @bjorksnas

    Guys, it said no perks or items could be used twice

    It wasn't used twice it was used 4 times, I don't see a problem here

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    First perk in the ideal comp team loadout: Boil Over 😂😂😂

    Still an interesting post! Enjoyed it.

    Hey, I know its not meta, but as a killer main I have been screwed by boil over more than i like to admit, especially on indoor maps. And if each perk can only be used once, you have to get creative. Doesn't it make sense for a unhookable meme-ish build? If your team mates are in position for a flashy save or a sabo, and distract the killer for a moment to give flip flop value, couldn't you see it being especially rough for the killer, especially if they made a point to go down in a hookless corner of the map?

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2082974#Comment_2082974

    It wasn't used twice it was used 4 times, I don't see a problem here

    Ya cheeky sumbish lol. You know what i mean

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    2 Prove Thyself, 2 DS, 2 BT, 2 Dead Hards, 2 Sprint Burst, 2 Unbreakables, 2 Deliverance and 2 Object. Object is usually banned from competitive so probably 2 Camaraderie or Iron Will.

    Items: 2 medkits, 1 map for totems, 1 toolbox.

    Good load out, but im looking for loadout with no duplicate anything

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084538#Comment_2084538

    I enjoy running Boil Over in public matches but I definitely wouldn't touch it in anything competitive. It can be countered by the killer just paying more attention to hooks, and it's rare that you're downed far enough away from visible hooks to wiggle free even if the killer doesn't see the most nearby hook. I feel like it only saves me from getting hooked every 15-20 games, and other than that it might just wastes a few seconds of the killer's time.

    But have you tried it with other struggle enhancing perks and a team prepared to sabo the nearest hook? (Only theorhetical, I never play survivor cause I don't have a team and I can't stand solo-tatoes)

  • The problem with your proposed loudouts is the killer can focus one particular "role", then you're down a large section of your party.

    A role should be pretty general, with a different advantage. Have someone bring deja vu so you won't get 3 genned. Have someone else Detectives to kill totems.

    Having and entire build, while being effective at what it's about (healing, looping, etc.), means that your gonna get punished hard if you aren't doing that specific thing.

  • @Airless said:

    The problem with your proposed loudouts is the killer can focus one particular "role", then you're down a large section of your party.

    A role should be pretty general, with a different advantage. Have someone bring deja vu so you won't get 3 genned. Have someone else Detectives to kill totems.

    Having and entire build, while being effective at what it's about (healing, looping, etc.), means that your gonna get punished hard if you aren't doing that specific thing.

    I see what you're saying, but I feel like if the Looper builds are aggressive with getting in the killers way, they typically give up on tunelling the non loopers out of sheer annoyance eventually.

    The best teams I face are the ones that maintain control over the dynamic. That's also why unhookable holds the key, so that he will be more likely tunneled.

    And if killer switches to the non-combatants, you got meta with the flashy, mech with the sabo, unhookable with the body block, and if they get the hook, savior can unhook, Insta heal, provide endurance, and if she goes down its nbd because of deliverance.

    I know this load out does mean the killer can break the strat by focusing on mech or savior, but if you do 4 identical characters, it will make it quite hard for them to determine who to tunnel.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084600#Comment_2084600

    I find that you don't really need it if your team is going to sabo for you. One teammate with a toolbox or Saboteur should be enough to force the killer to drop you in most situations, Boil Over or no Boil Over, Break Out or no Break Out. I agree that Boil Over is best in indoor maps - every once in a while the low visibility will make the killer miss a nearby hook and when they try to go to the farther hook they'll find it's behind a wall. I just don't think it has a lot to offer in a competitive setting.

    I understand its a bit of overkill, but the point is to make sure the role does what its supposed to even if they go down right next to 2 hooks. If the killer can't hook, all that time they spent getting the down was wasted time, which seems really powerful to me. Idk, I'm probably crazy though lol

    Maybe mech should have the medkit and savior has the toolbox, that way they can cooperatively quick heal or dual sabo

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084722#Comment_2084722

    I see what you're getting at, but sabo has the major downside of giving killers free pressure. Like, let's play this out - there are three basic options:

    1) A survivor successfully sabos and the survivor wiggles. This is the only consistently good outcome for survivors, but it should basically never happen. If the killer realizes they're not going to make it to the next hook, they should move on to option 2.

    2) A survivor successfully sabos but the killer drops the survivor they're carrying before they wiggle and starts to chase the saboteur. At the very least, the survivors spend all of the sabotaging time, all of the slug time, and some transit time not doing gens. Even if the slug also has Unbreakable, which this survivor doesn't, the killer is still able to maintain pressure so long as they can chase the saboteur reasonably quickly (whether that's downing them, or just smacking them once and getting back to the slug before they get picked up). Without UB it's even better, because a teammate then has to leave their gen to pick up the slug.

    3) A survivor unsuccessfully sabos. In this case the survivor wasted time, allowed the killer to start their next chase right next to the hook, and they may have even taken unnecessary hits along the way. This is obviously all around bad for the survivors.

    ---

    I like to sabotage for the fun of it, but in a more competitive setting I would probably only sabotage to save a survivor on death hook. Usually it would make more sense to just split up, stick to gens, and load up on perks that help in the chase or otherwise reliably save time.

    Alright, that was some really good logic. I guess the idea is that you would usually get scenario 2, but one of the aggressive rolls takes the chase and the slug doesn't get picked up until the chased survivor confirms the killer has enough distance.

    But I also think scenario 1 would happen more than you expect, because if the survivor gets close enough to wiggling off, the killer dropping them adds 25% to that timer. So between the boost from boil over and pptential extra wiggle from flip flop, they could very likely be at 75% wiggle by the time the killer notices the sabo and drops them.

    But I'll stop debating the issue as I don't have as much experience. But mark my words, one day I'll get a coordinated team and prove that boil over can have value! One day, I swear, damnit!

  • Maybe something like this:

    Survivor #1: The Runner / Gen Jockey

    Perks: Dead Hard, Iron Will, Decisive Strike, Soul Guard

    Item: Med-Kit

    Survivor #2: The Scout / Totem Cleanser / Gen Jockey

    Perks: Object of Obsession, Balanced Landing, Prove Thyself, Detectives Hunch

    Item: Map

    Survivor #3: The Medic

    Perks: We're Gonna Live Forever, Borrowed Time, Lithe, Deliverance

    Item: Flashlight

    Survivor #4: The Second Runner

    Perks: Sprint Burst, Adrenaline, Unbreakable, Camaraderie

    Item: Toolbox

    (Keys should not be allowed in a tournament tbh)

    Really hard to say, though. I mean it depends a lot on the players on your team. What perks they are comfortable with, used to. Each should have an Exhaustion Perk. Primary Runner gets Dead Hard, secondary gets Sprint Burst so they can focus more on gens. The Medic gets Lithe, which is a little less reliable. Ideally the Scout is never in chase, so they end up with the 3rd exhaustion perk. WGLF and Soul Guard and Unbreakable help prevent slugging all around.

  • @KingFrost said:

    Maybe something like this:

    Survivor #1: The Runner / Gen Jockey

    Perks: Dead Hard, Iron Will, Decisive Strike, Soul Guard

    Item: Med-Kit

    Survivor #2: The Scout / Totem Cleanser / Gen Jockey

    Perks: Object of Obsession, Balanced Landing, Prove Thyself, Detectives Hunch

    Item: Map

    Survivor #3: The Medic

    Perks: We're Gonna Live Forever, Borrowed Time, Lithe, Deliverance

    Item: Flashlight

    Survivor #4: The Second Runner

    Perks: Sprint Burst, Adrenaline, Unbreakable, Camaraderie

    Item: Toolbox

    (Keys should not be allowed in a tournament tbh)

    Really hard to say, though. I mean it depends a lot on the players on your team. What perks they are comfortable with, used to. Each should have an Exhaustion Perk. Primary Runner gets Dead Hard, secondary gets Sprint Burst so they can focus more on gens. The Medic gets Lithe, which is a little less reliable. Ideally the Scout is never in chase, so they end up with the 3rd exhaustion perk. WGLF and Soul Guard and Unbreakable help prevent slugging all around.

    Love it, very well thought out with a lot of utility, and I agree that exhaustion perks on everyone is ideal. No smash hit over balanced landing though? I feel like smash hit has a bit more value and opportunities to be used

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084785#Comment_2084785

    Yeah, I mean if you have a survivor that's the best looper in the squad / loaded up with chase perks and they use sabo as a chance to take aggro, that could be good! I'm definitely not saying it's a bad build - just probably not strong enough for a competitive match.

    I agree that scenario 1 would happen more often with Boil Over too, because if the killer doesn't see the nearest hook sabotaging the second one might give them enough wiggle progress to escape if they're dropped. I'm just not convinced it'd happen enough to be stronger than more typical meta builds.

    Record your gameplay if you ever do lol, that'd be a blast :D

    Lol i definately will (if I ever learn to make friends as an anxious adult haha)

  • @Exerath1992 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084903#Comment_2084903

    Love it, very well thought out with a lot of utility, and I agree that exhaustion perks on everyone is ideal. No smash hit over balanced landing though? I feel like smash hit has a bit more value and opportunities to be used

    I feel that by the time the scout gets chased, a lot of pallets will have been used. I also don't think it's terribly reliable. Hard to say atm since it's bugged.

  • @KingFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084967#Comment_2084967

    I feel that by the time the scout gets chased, a lot of pallets will have been used. I also don't think it's terribly reliable. Hard to say atm since it's bugged.

    Oh, I didn't know about that, what's the bug?

  • Killers (except me apparently) can't get stunned atm. The stun is ignored if they lunge I think.

  • @KingFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084989#Comment_2084989

    Killers (except me apparently) can't get stunned atm. The stun is ignored if they lunge I think.

    Damn, I should get in there and take advantage! Its been about a month since I played because I'm distracted with remnant and subnautica which were ps+ free games last month, and I got an oculus quest 2 which is life now lol