Is this the new Survivor echo chamber? Like Reddit 2.0
Just asking, since killers get a lot of downvotes.
Just asking, since killers get a lot of downvotes.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Top threads for this week:
"Survivor circlejerk"
I´m asking because of the downvotes.
Since i got over 30 downvotes in a single thread, where i tried to explain that survivors and killers being toxic is a viscious circle.
@Tsulan You got downvoted because you deliberately misrepresented the point of the thread.
Also because you engaged in whataboutism. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism)
Kind of like how obnoxious it would be for someone to say "BUT KILLERS R ALSO TOXIC" in the "To fellow Survivors, stop being jerks during and after game" thread.
Mhhh this morning i had only 40 downvotes, then i tried to explain the toxic thing on the other thread and BAM over 73 downvotes. I assumed that they were all from the same thread, since i haven´t commented on anything in 2 days.
No. Just means your opinion was an unpopular one, at least to those who were reading it.
I tried to make a point. The killer asking how the survivor experience was, is the same as opening a thread about it. Both things create toxic behavior.
@Tsulan The OP of that thread was sharing his experience and venting... The killer in his game was baiting a negative response out of the survivors.
They're not even close to being equal. It's very telling that you think that he's not allowed to create a thread to talk about his experience without 'creating toxic behavior'.
Also ironic considering that you needed to create another thread to imply that you're being victimized.
Holy crap that's a thing? I had no clue that someone would come up with the word whataboutism.
@Tsulan
My downvotes are in the 100’s... I’VE ASCENDED
@Jack11803
Shame there's no badge for it.
@SnakeSound222
It's so accurate and memorable. Makes me sound less pretentious than saying "omg you made an ipse dixit".
Please quote me telling him that he´s not allowed to vent or to express his opinion.
Again, toxic behavior can be spawned by venting.
A person who got a lot of BM during the match, might vent by insulting.
Was it disproportionate from the killer? Yes, but we don´t know the whole story.
People are really quick to judge one side without hearing the other one.
@Tsulan
"you think that he's not allowed to create a thread to talk about his experience without 'creating toxic behavior'"
You're literally saying it yourself.. Please read the full sentence that I wrote. When someone says "you're not able to smile without being happy", they don't mean "you're not able to smile".
... And the guy is venting by creating a thread by sharing his experience. He is not insulting anyone. What more context do you need?
You cannot provide support to an individual without needing to scrutinize? Again, it's so ironic given that your thread is clearly a plea for pity.
I'm still confused how being a "Survivor echo chamber" = Reddit 2.0. Surely you mean the opposite.
Crazy man.
Don't talk about survivor's toxicity. It's their tiny part they do not wanna admit in their circles of perfection, where everyone saves each others and the game is a pure teamgame.
Whether the forum is or isn’t, posts like these may just make it worse
@Runiver That thread's right here. http://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/2362/to-fellow-survivors-stop-being-jerks-during-and-after-game#latest
Last I checked, most of the posts were upvoted. Honestly, the self-victimization's getting old.
Ha, yes I do. He was all the rage when I was younger.
@Visionmaker Looks like a random baiting thread from steam forums.
Good old pseudo lesson-givers that are actually only here to bait and vent their salt.
It is fun on steam, since steam is quite the shithole, but here ? Some people got way too much free time (says the guy with about 600 posts)
The fact I can get so many downvotes and hate for telling people stuff like looping isnt needed shows this place is a Survivor echo chamber.
Thankfull it seems like there are more people WITH sense than without it on these forums. As soon as mine or @Runiver have a negative ratio to our Upvotes and Downvotes, you might wanna worry.
@Runiver I don't really see how it's baiting, but if it lets people vent out frustration, I don't see how it's a bad thing.
@weirdkid5 Right... like how I get downvotes for saying that killer bodyblocking the basement and chokepoints isn't a valid strategy and shouldn't be allowed in the game? Surely all the survivor mains would come to my rescue...
@weirdkid5
@Runiver
We should just have a vent topic on the forum to seperate it. That alone could help maybe a little... I don’t know
That wont backfire in any way shape or form.
You didn’t put /s at the end.... SHOULD I FLAG YOU FOR ABUSE!?!?
@Visionmaker To me, it's an obvious bait.
A good old
"Hey, look out survivor mains, don't be like these guys !
random screenshot of a random match with random insults "
It has no means to be constructive or interesting and always ends up in a flaming war and good old relativism like :
"Yeah, survivors are toxic, but killers too, but not everyone is like that, some are, some aren't, because we live in a world of disparity, you cannot categorize"
That doesn't lead anywhere and will just call for a "But X flames more than X" and makes another war.
Err, which is it? Are we just an echo chamber or are there a good balance of reasonable people? It's hard not to notice the people with hundreds of posts consistently defending killers, including you, who still have plenty of upvotes to downvotes. If this was actually as biased as the OP implies, there would be countless survivors with as many posts and many more upvotes.
@Runiver I don't really see the "aha, I got you" factor of a bait in that, as it seems rather pointless, but I do agree that it doesn't add anything constructive. Idk, I don't visit the steam forums much. maybe it happens more often there.
Give them time, they still haven´t migrated from Reddit.
My thread was just a question. Nothing more.
Ok, i´ll provide a little more of context. Since you base everything on 1 thread i was commenting on today.
A few days ago, people on steam asked about the new forum. Since steam is basically abandoned as of now.
That´s why i asked the question + added my most recent experience with this forum.
For example, i also gave an idea on how to solve the whole hatch situation, which as it´s current state on the PTB will end up with a ton of games taken hostage. By removing the hatch (downvote) and giving survivors better means to escape doing the original objective.
I just got banned from the steam forums for being “disrespectful” to a couple Survivors who were saying any Killer who couldn’t deal with Looping sucked at the game. Told them to show me thier Rank 1 both sides and some of thier own “Superior Killer Gameplay” and gave proof of my own Rank 1 both sides, as well as my Youtube to show my playing ability on both sides. I told them to either “put up, or shut up” and stop being disrespectful and discrediting any Killers complaints without proof of thier own “Superior Gameplay.”
I guess Survivors are allowed to be disrespectful and tell others to “get good and shut up”, but if a Killer player who plays just as much Survivor calls them out on thier bullshit, we get banned.
Bans on steam forums are actually thrown at people sorta randomly, depending on the flagging and the mod presence.
Some people can get away making full threads of insults, others might get banned for saying a joke that is pushing things too far.
Just got over 100 down votes. MMhhh no badge.
People said that reddit is run by survivor mains and steam is run by killer mains.
Let's see who gets to win the battle of interpretation sovereignty here.
Ideally no one.
People should really play both sides regularly and not only stick to one side.
I do play both sides, still I consider myself a killer main.
The problem IMO is that there are to many people playing survivor only… and I really mean ONLY, but still brag about the balance of the game.
I heard a lot of former survivor mains switching their opinion after they changed sides.
But I never heard that from a former killer do the same.
Yeah, same old story.
I lost all hope, when i had a discussion with a rank 1 "killer" (who had 1500 hours and 36 kills) about how easy killer is.
So he didn't play "killer" but the party clown to entertain the kids.^^
Well at least now he can use the proper killer.
subreddit is more like a killer leaning (not fully killer echo chamber but it leans more in killers) than a survivor echo chamber.
But most of subreddit is 60% memes, 20% gays thirsting over shirtless david and male characters, 10% artwork, and the rest divided equally among discussions, rants, suggestions and misc stuff.
I don't know what kind of person would call the sub a survivor echo chamber. Anyone who's been there over a week could see that's not true. Lol
And yeah, I listed the top threads showing just that and still got downvoted.
Take if from one of the sub's actual mods, lol. r/deadbydaylight has leaned killer since around the time of the console release.
@Science_Guy
rEMovE ThOUghTfUl tHurSdAy
BrInG BaCK THOT-fuL ThURsdaY
I wonder why killer gravitated more to the subforum and the survivors/swf mostly stuck with steam after console launch.
I can't I can't
Idk, I play mostly survivor because I like the game, but playing killer gives me really bad motion sickness. It's like something about the FOV and how the environment whips past. It's almost literally unplayable for me for longer than a few minutes at a time.
But I also get motion sickness in cars, so it's probably a 'me' problem. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
@Tsulan Can you please take your personal problems to the off topic section of these forums?