Random Loop Nerfs...

Why are they silently nerfing loops and not saying anything about it?...plus they've added more new totem spawns to check on some maps...this is has been happening for the past 3 updates, seems like they really want to keep buffing Killer on some of these changes lately...

20210404_213015.jpg

Added Hay bail just more collision for both sides to get caught on

unknown.png

Removed the railing on this loop in Gideon too

Comments

  • I run Detective's Hunch so I never learned the totem spawns on my own, where abouts are these new totem spawns?

  • @ImHexyAndINoed said:

    I run Detective's Hunch so I never learned the totem spawns on my own, where abouts are these new totem spawns?

    unknown (1).png

    This never spawned on Gideon. Also the main building on Groaning Storehouse never used to spawn totems near it, they also spawn inside of it now too. Dead Dwag Saloon has had some added to it and some taken away which i've never seen spawn there in about a month and I play that map a lot since it's my favourite map. I don't even want to learn Midwich totem spawns xD

  • @ItzPixelYT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2078581#Comment_2078581

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/C8K9LIUGNX6E/unknown-281-29.png

    This never spawned on Gideon. Also the main building on Groaning Storehouse never used to spawn totems near it, they also spawn inside of it now too. Dead Dwag Saloon has had some added to it and some taken away which i've never seen spawn there in about a month and I play that map a lot since it's my favourite map. I don't even want to learn Midwich totem spawns xD

    Sweet, thanks for letting me know. As too why these changes took place(seemingly under the radar, seen no announcement) Maybe I'm just missing something? maybe it's terrible RNG? maybe these are just bugs tied to the new chapter like the irritating pallet glitch? Quite afew changes have occurred this chapter that weren't announced(ie Trickster has a cool down??)

  • I actually really hate that loop extender on Coldwind as I work off muscle memory, so I got SUPER confused when I wasn’t catching up to the survivor

  • @Hoodied said:

    I actually really hate that loop extender on Coldwind as I work off muscle memory, so I got SUPER confused when I wasn’t catching up to the survivor

    Thats what looping is supposed to do.

  • @ImHexyAndINoed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2078597#Comment_2078597

    Sweet, thanks for letting me know. As too why these changes took place(seemingly under the radar, seen no announcement) Maybe I'm just missing something? maybe it's terrible RNG? maybe these are just bugs tied to the new chapter like the irritating pallet glitch? Quite afew changes have occurred this chapter that weren't announced(ie Trickster has a cool down??)

    I feel like the RNG is forever mutating. I think Scott Jund or someone made a video the other day spawning on Suffocation pit that only spawned 7 pallets and 1 was shack pallet. Pretty crazy what has been happening with RNG lately. Some maps been spawning double pallets again as well

  • I mean maps that get reworks also get their totem spawns reworked. Has always been that way.

    Nerfing loops isn't directly a bad thing. One problem with DBD is that there are still quite a few maps that have a lot of pallets that can't really be mindgamed without bloodlust, if the survivor is good enough. Of course they shouldn't become useless like many pallets on hawkins as well.

    I am not even sure if that extra hay stack is even a nerf. The bigger a loop, the better for survivors in general.

  • They added a pallet to what is more or less an infinite.

  • seems like they really want to keep buffing Killer

    Good, finally balancing the game right?

  • @ItzPixelYT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2078625#Comment_2078625

    I feel like the RNG is forever mutating. I think Scott Jund or someone made a video the other day spawning on Suffocation pit that only spawned 7 pallets and 1 was shack pallet. Pretty crazy what has been happening with RNG lately. Some maps been spawning double pallets again as well

    Yeah I seen, went against a Bubba on Macmillan afew days ago, Double pallets on both sides of the map, as well as double T and L's in the middle, I predropped afew pallets as the game may have been very unfun for the Killer with those loops up


    The guy above makes a good point, perhaps the nap reworks are dropping very soon?

  • @ItzPixelYT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2078581#Comment_2078581

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/C8K9LIUGNX6E/unknown-281-29.png

    This never spawned on Gideon. Also the main building on Groaning Storehouse never used to spawn totems near it, they also spawn inside of it now too. Dead Dwag Saloon has had some added to it and some taken away which i've never seen spawn there in about a month and I play that map a lot since it's my favourite map. I don't even want to learn Midwich totem spawns xD

    They change some totems spawn when reworking maps and it makes sense. Groaning Storehouse before the rework always had a totem spawn in the main building, so it makes sense the new one also has. The same goes for other maps like Dead Dwag Saloon, which always has 3 spawn points in the main building. I don't know where you are getting these ideias from removed spawnpoints because it's just RNG on what spawn they will be placed, it's not a surprise that you see one that you never did.

    This new Hay Bail makes the loop better for Survivors. If a pallet spawn there, when a Killer tries to mindgame you, it gives enough time to correct your movement and reach the pallet, before without it it was just a big unsafe pallet that always give the Killer a free hit, so I don't know why you're complaining.

    The railing on Gideon I don't see any problem, that tile 100% always contains 2 god pallets that always spawn (one upstairs and another one downstairs). Such good tile must have some weakness.

  • @Kees_T said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2078597#Comment_2078597

    They change some totems spawn when reworking maps and it makes sense. Groaning Storehouse before the rework always had a totem spawn in the main building, so it makes sense the new one also has. The same goes for other maps like Dead Dwag Saloon, which always has 3 spawn points in the main building. I don't know where you are getting these ideias from removed spawnpoints because it's just RNG on what spawn they will be placed, it's not a surprise that you see one that you never did.

    This new Hay Bail makes the loop better for Survivors. If a pallet spawn there, when a Killer tries to mindgame you, it gives enough time to correct your movement and reach the pallet, before without it it was just a big unsafe pallet that always give the Killer a free hit, so I don't know why you're complaining.

    The railing on Gideon I don't see any problem, that tile 100% always contains 2 god pallets that always spawn (one upstairs and another one downstairs). Such good tile must have some weakness.

    I never said it was really a problem. I'm just curious why they keep nerfing loops and not saying anything about it in patch notes like for the past 3 or 4 updates. I know they reworked the maps i was saying that never used to spawn on the Gideon Rework, never seen it since it's release till this update so they're definitely changing loops and totems. As for the coldwind one i've ended up getting stuck on that loop more when i could run it and mind game a lot easier, now i just get stuck on the bail on the floor and get downed

  • @sad_killer_main said:

    seems like they really want to keep buffing Killer

    Good, finally balancing the game right?

    funny you think killer is still weak. Only some killers are

  • @ad19970 said:

    I mean maps that get reworks also get their totem spawns reworked. Has always been that way.

    Nerfing loops isn't directly a bad thing. One problem with DBD is that there are still quite a few maps that have a lot of pallets that can't really be mindgamed without bloodlust, if the survivor is good enough. Of course they shouldn't become useless like many pallets on hawkins as well.

    I am not even sure if that extra hay stack is even a nerf. The bigger a loop, the better for survivors in general.

    I'm on about them changing more even after the rework. I just learned a lot of the new Gideon spawns if not all of them and then they've added even more now. The extra hay stack is just another annoying thing to have your capsule get pulled towards, like when they added a round wirespoole on the end of the rectangle box on the factory Macmillan map. It made the loop longer but actually when you got the end it was harder to run around when before you could run around it no problem.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    They added a pallet to what is more or less an infinite.

    What are you talking about?

  • @ItzPixelYT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2078686#Comment_2078686

    I never said it was really a problem. I'm just curious why they keep nerfing loops and not saying anything about it in patch notes like for the past 3 or 4 updates. I know they reworked the maps i was saying that never used to spawn on the Gideon Rework, never seen it since it's release till this update so they're definitely changing loops and totems. As for the coldwind one i've ended up getting stuck on that loop more when i could run it and mind game a lot easier, now i just get stuck on the bail on the floor and get downed

    Maybe you should report it then? It can be a bug and not intended. I've seen this happening in one of the PTB's where the Badham Fences near the Window(near the School entrance) were removed, but wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, and so they fixed.