Smash Hit Value

Anyone plan to keep Smash Hit in their rotation? Any thoughts on the perk so far?


I want to give it a chance, but I’m having a hard time being sold on it. Most killers in red ranks respect pallets, so landing a pallet stun sometimes feels like a desync gamble I’m better off not taking. I also know I can easily 99 Sprint Burst and achieve the same exact effect on command.


Maybe the perk just isn’t for me.

Comments

  • When it works, it is good but it is kinda rare for me to stun the killer during the match. There are some rare games where Killer wants to eat the pallets no metter stun but many play safe around it.

    Also, I noticed that is it somewhat harder to stun the killer after new patch.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    When it works, it is good but it is kinda rare for me to stun the killer during the match. There are some rare games where Killer wants to eat the pallets no metter stun but many play safe around it.

    Also, I noticed that is it somewhat harder to stun the killer after new patch.

    There's currently a bug where if you lunge into the pallet it will often just not stun you.

    Imagine that breaking on release when a new perk revolves entirely around pallet stuns lmao.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2063160#Comment_2063160

    There's currently a bug where if you lunge into the pallet it will often just not stun you.

    Imagine that breaking on release when a new perk revolves entirely around pallet stuns lmao.

    FeelsBadMan

    Thanks for info.

  • Personally,i dislike it.Most of the times i don't want/need to abandon a pallet and stunning the killer is pretty rare.

  • Seems like a poor use of an exhaustion perk when there are better, more reliable options.

    Would love to see more exhaustion perks that are more than just "Speed boost when X action is performed" like balanced landings stagger reduction and head on just being head on.

    I think to compete with sprint burst/dead hard, they are going to need smaller secondary effects tbh, for example maybe increasing the stun duration slightly. So far its just a less reliable sprint burst. Even Lithe seems more useful to me, being able to throw and vault a pallet to escape an unsafe loop seems much more useful than hoping you get a pallet stun.

    Side note, would love to see an exhaustion perk that triggers when you blind a killer and also hides your scratch marks for a few seconds.

  • It is trash perk lol. I will still use Spirint Burst or Dead Hard. I dont wanna waste my slot with that trash perk.

  • It's not trash, it's situational. Look at Hawkins for example. If you get that map and you're running it you'll get insane value. The problem is that one precisely, that the perk is situational. What if you get a stun with a safe pallet? The killer won't break it if you just run away so you won't loop there. You need high map knowledge and to pair it with perks like Windows to get value.

  • its worse than Lithe. You can assure a fast vault in most loops but if the killer respects the pallet or hits you through it, it becomes uesless anyway.

    DH, SB and BL are good for getting to a loop, Lithe and Smash Hit are for going from 1 loop to another. I just see Smash hit as being worse in most loops given the limited number of pallets, the requirement to get the stun and the fact that killers hit through pallets all the time anyway if they lunge.

  • You have to remember that the killer is stunned during the sprint burst, and then has to (most likely) break the pallet. Since the sprint burst is 4 seconds, and the killer is locked in place for the 2 second stun and then 2.6 second pallet break, you gain an absurd amount of distance.

    It's a high risk high reward exhaustion perk, as it kinda wins the chase as long as the killer doesn't have a movement power that can catch up. The time taken to catch up otherwise is just too long.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2063160#Comment_2063160

    There's currently a bug where if you lunge into the pallet it will often just not stun you.

    Imagine that breaking on release when a new perk revolves entirely around pallet stuns lmao.

    Lol I knew that was a bug. Thought it was kind of ironic how a survivor with a perk based around getting pallet stuns gets released and pallet stuns are bugged.