I support the ds change, but there's something to point out
After the ds change killers tend to go back to hooks more. Even if I support this change, the ds usage will go down dramatically, meaning that tunneling will be a reliable strategy.
It's kinda unfortunate that by doing the right thing, and nerfing the ability to abuse ds dramatically, the meta will shift on a more tunneling-like playstyle for killer. If they bring back old ds, it'll be abused and it'll be frustrating to go against every game. If they keep it this way, the usage will drop significantly and it will reward tunneling, since ds was the first line of defense against tunneling.
Comments
I noticed this too, maybe decisive should be active for 60 seconds and deactivate if the killer downs someone else?
I understand and I think I noticed too that Killers are tunneling more. But you can always use current DS (still very powerfull) and punish the killer. I think it is MUCH better than before. I think we probably can't reach perfect position for both sides, but this is making it more balanced imo.
Yesterday someone posted a video of a streamer claiming that its survivors fault, because the killer does not find another survivor in time...like the survivor have to show himself to the killer, so he dont go back...
Thats like saying killers are responsibile for gen rushing for not pressuring gens.
How do you know killers tend to go to hooks more? You physically had no time or resources to get appropriate data. If anything, you were just less lucky with killers that tend to play this way and nothing more.
Just for the record, DS still would punish such playstyle, unless unhooked survivor is dumb enough to disable DS.
going back to hook doesn't mean tunneling. it just means I know for certain where a survivor will be around (not the freshly unhooked). and if they unhooked themselves I'll respect that
I've been playing all day I have not noticed any difference at all.
Also if they do go right back to hook... DS will still work. That changes nothing. It doesn't make it a better strategy it's still just as effective as it's always been, no more, no less.
The recently unhooked survivors need to realise what getting tunneled means and play accordingly.
If killers isn't on you instantly after unhooking, you should go and find a safe place to heal, far away from killer. If you play boldly and disable your DS because you want to progress your obj, you're taking a risk that killer will go for you if he notices that.
In a perfect world, killers wouldn't need to tunnel someone out of the game early to make pressure. Oviously we're far from being in a perfect world in DBD.
Also, even if some day that issue is alleviated and Killers have better early game / gen repair times get looked at and Survivor gets more nerfs, Killers will still tunnel if they want to.
Camping, tunneling and slugging are (Unfortunately) all valid strategies killers can use. If a killer wants to tunnel they can and will and can probably succeed at killing that one person.
Anyways I said all that to say I have no idea how DS can function as a proper anti tunnel perk. When I use it I still get tunneled and slugged and the only time I can force it is by jumping in a locker and making the killer grab me out so they don't leave me slugged on the ground.
Like I said, if they're hellbent on playing mean they're gonna play mean lol
It’s definitely happening and it was so obvious. I really don’t know who these developers are listening to, but they have proven time and again they neither know nor they play their own game. This doesn’t affect SWF whatsoever. Only solos.
You wanted to change DS? this definitely wasn’t it and the perk is useless.
Yesterday i played 9 survivor games, and got tunneled out of them 4 times. This was proper tunneling, with the killer either camping there and waiting for the unhook (wraith) dropping his chance as soon as I got unhooked just to come back and look for me (2x trickster, 1x nurse).
Of these 4 games, 3 didn't have an obsession. It must be said that I had another 2 games without obsession where i was ready for the "experience" but somehow no tunneling happened.
In either case, DS is ######### useless now. With it not being an aggressive perk anymore, it should be useable twice in a match, not once only.
Tunnelling must be punished as hell, real tunnelling. Like you're being unhooked and the killer is on you. DS has to last longer, so you can loop him a very long time and get your DS on his face. Anyway, on the paper if you're not tunnelled but still have DS, you're useless for your team, so let's make DS a super effective anti tunnelling perk.
Or you make it 70/80/90 (and I'd like 100/110/120 tbh, tunnelling is killing games), or you make it if you're being chased while DS is active, the time stops. And if you're downed, the timer stops if the killer is within 16 meters radius.
I think the current DS is effective and can only be used as an anti tunnelling tool, so this has to be base kit, as it can't be abused in games, and DS would buff this.