IS IT WORTH BUYING A NEW KILLER (THE TRICKSTER) AFTER THE OFFICIAL COME OUT?
He is so slow :(
He is so slow :(
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
No. Use shards or don't bother at all
Hard no from me
Nope, don't waste shards or money.
If I'm being completely honest, this killer is not worth it at all.
Wait until 2 years from now, he might get a buff by then after Pig.
After the majority of 'glowing' reviews (😂), I would probably avoid the new killer. I certainly would not spend actual money on him.
Even the sad-acts who cosplayed as him and spent all night streaming themselves struggling to get to grips with the new killer (currently removing all the make-up and hair dye)...I reckon even they would now have some regrets.
As of now, no. Even though I'm only a day in to playing him, he has nothing going for him when you compare him to Huntress and Slinger. He's got the hard to dodge attacks like Slinger does but he's got the charge up that Huntress has. And ontop of that he has to hit 8 shots, which on some loops you can't even get one.
If anything changes I'll comment again, but as of now he seems like a weak albeit fun killer.
It isn't.
I did buy him yesterday and played around 10 games. Managed to get at least 3 kills in 8 of them. All in all I think that he is quite decent, however people do not know how to properly counter him yet.
I wouldn't buy him until he gets a full on rework, but you'll be waiting a while before that ever happens.
Wait till he's buffed, with how hard the marketing team sold this killer I think they know it'd be a shame to keep him in a garbage state and make their efforts go to waste. Pretty much unanimously agreed he's awful so he'll get a buff.. eventually.. whenever they stop being afraid of buffing weak killers.
I bought the DLC because I am a completionist. I like having the ability to quickly/easily unlock perks for my main killer and survivor. I also have no issues supporting a game that I have spent thousands of hours playing with a $7 purchase every few months. Will I ever play Trickster?? Nope... BUT not because I think he is a "bad" killer - I don't enjoy playing ranged killers.
Nope. Use shards or don't even bother. Weakest killer in the game.
Neither him nor the Twins dlc are worth buying, in fact DON'T buy them, don't support behavior (kekekekekeke) like this, if you want a company to get their act together then you do it by hitting their wallets, works 100% of the time or they go out of business.
What rank are you out of interest?
Nope. Not even that fun after a while, his recoil makes him insanely frustrating.
Survivor rank 2, killer rank 3
I recommend buying a smoothie with that money instead of trickster, you'll get more out of a smoothie than trickster
His perks are pretty sweet, but during the next bugfix they'll probably nerf them all.
I used iridescent shards instead don’t spend money
No, save your shards
No. Also they ruined solo survivor even more by destroying DS. I would advice you to not buy the killer and drop the game altogether lol
No unless you are that desprate for his perks
God no.
He's not even worth shards right now.
No, I got mine for free and I'm glad for that because the killer himself is so disappointing. I was really excited and optimistic about him at first, but actually playing him was just awful. Just me saying to myself "I could have just M1'd you" over and over again.
Also, you don't know true frustration when a survivor finds a good loop or manages to escape chase and the laceration effect starts to disappear, effectively rendering the time it took you to throw the knives worthless.
Might as well. He's somewhat fun and change is probably already in the works.
Plus, his perks aren't half bad. Crowd Control can help you with early game chases and No Way Out seems like a very nice pressure reliever.