Add-onless trapper is worse to play than nurse & blight on console
I'm trying to save up bp, so I've been stingy with my Trapper add-ons, but playing like this has to be a form of torture. Being able to carry only one trap at a time is so punishing. Who has fun playing like this?? I just wanted to get better at Trapper, do I need to be a military strategiest to make 5 traps work?
Comments
I would always rather play addonless trapper or nurse on console than console blight :(
But i agree that addonless trapper is awful.
Almost 5 years and their precious mascot isn't allowed to get at least 2 traps basekit.
How sad :(
It's not just console. If you wanna play Trapper you absolutely have to use a bag. Without one he's definitely the worst killer in the game. If you're not gonna run a bag there's 0 point to playing him, he's soon going to be the only killer in the game that's unplayable unless you use add-ons for him. The only other killer was Wraith and he's finally getting the buff he deserves next Tuesday.
Yep Wraith will no longer be addon dependent
Old pic.
THICC
Trapper has been power crept like no other over the years.
Be it from new killers having similar but better powers or survivor just playing smarter. I honestly think he's worse off than even the Shape. I do enjoy playing Trapper and a good snowball in the late game is insanely fun, but he's countered by way too many items and perks.
I do think many Trapper make the mistake of playing him as a basic chaser and trapping random loops, instead of playing territorial like he's clearly deisgned too. But even when played that way he still comes up short.
The thing that completely ruined him for me was the map reworks.
This awful grass makes it so hard to get any good trap placements because they are so easy to see
Yup, not to mention the huge areas of nothing which forces you to put traps in obvious spots which gets them disarmed instantly. Trapper needs some lovin
Did you draw that? :O
Just take a brown bag, they are very common(no pun intended)
Still sad that you have to use an addon slot for something so basic
At least you can bring slowdown perks. You can't do that with Adept Trapper. The only gen perk I can use doesn't work against decent players. What good are those bags if the gens are flying left and right?
I'm not sure if I'd be that excited about Wraith. While his cloaked movement speed is great now, his uncloaking speed change looks like it could be an issue. People who played the PTB were saying it was like running two Windstorms instead of just one and it made hitting uncloak lunges really hard. There's a couple videos that show just how slow the PTB version is.
💪 🪤-er!!!!
Thats great
I did. There were more of them.
As Trapper main, I feel like the buff he needs the most, and may be the only one is to carry 2 traps.
So he can freely able to mix up other addon, rather than a must have bag + anything else.
For new maps, MacMillain is pretty good, Crotus too, especially Asylum building with many places to hide traps. Autoheaven, Game are a huge pain
I love your style :)
It looks so funny and cute
Trapper kills a lot of baby survivors because dumb players seek them like they are magnetically charged.
So because of that he has odd statistics, but they don't balance around survivors being half decent, therefore he'll never be buffed much because of BHVR's skewed balance logic and bad design belief's.
Kill 4/4 survivors a lot in low ranks, kill 3/4 survivors in low green ranks up to say rank 10, kill 1/4 or less in everything else? BHVR says that means you are close to 2/4 kills on average so the killer is "fair".