"Because they deserve it"

I swear to god, every self-congratulatory spite post I read on this forum ages me by one more year. Immortal superbeing that I am, I can feel my #########' bones starting to melt from being here too long.

Let me tell you something.

When you say to yourself "Oh, I can do this miserable unfun thing to the other side, because they deserve it and I can feel good about myself on top of it", you're infinitely worse than whatever dickhead survivor tbagged you at the exit gates, or the facecamping bubba smacking you on the hook at 5 gens. Infinitely worse.

I will gladly take a hundred of them over one of you.

There's nothing sadder or less fortunate for me to have to look at for more than a fraction of a second than someone who's managed to elevate their resentment of the other side, "them" to such a level that they've decided--

Not only are they all bad, not only are they all out to get me, I can take moral, righteous pleasure in doing bad things to them. I'm doing a good thing! I'm indulging in my base, petty spite and it's not even my fault, i'm the good guy!


There is nothing worse.

Good day.

Comments

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2050103#Comment_2050103

    Like I said-- do whatever the hell you want, play how you want to play, do what you do to get kills, indulge in your pithy spite all day if it pleases you. Maybe read a little while you're at it.

    Just don't tell yourself you're a #########' hero if you try to ruin other people's times and smile about it because you sure showed """"them"""".

    Wallow in that miserable pit all day if you want to. Just do it honestly.

    "Ruin the game for the other side" This is hilarious because you can play the cleanest nicest game and still have the other side crying about it simply because people on this game can't handle their loss. I don't hate to go against anyone or anything in this game because it's just not a competitive game to me. Despite all the nonsense it's extremely easy to hit red ranks month after month without giving it that much effort and what's the reward for doing so? Absolutely nothing, so what do I care whether I win a game or lose until I derank back to 20? If someone is playing trying to "ruin my fun" or whatever people wanna call it okay? And then? If that's fun for them whatever move on to the next game or if it bothers you that much play a different game. Honestly though if you sit and complain that someone isn't playing the game in a way that you like and you can't just move on from it well then you're just a spoiled brat.

  • @RoachesDelight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2050823#Comment_2050823

    "Ruin the game for the other side" This is hilarious because you can play the cleanest nicest game and still have the other side crying about it simply because people on this game can't handle their loss. I don't hate to go against anyone or anything in this game because it's just not a competitive game to me. Despite all the nonsense it's extremely easy to hit red ranks month after month without giving it that much effort and what's the reward for doing so? Absolutely nothing, so what do I care whether I win a game or lose until I derank back to 20? If someone is playing trying to "ruin my fun" or whatever people wanna call it okay? And then? If that's fun for them whatever move on to the next game or if it bothers you that much play a different game. Honestly though if you sit and complain that someone isn't playing the game in a way that you like and you can't just move on from it well then you're just a spoiled brat.

    THIS TAKE IS THE BEST TAKE HERE

    Dbd is not a roleplay game and your not required to make it fun for the people on the other side, sometimes I will go out my way to make it fun sometimes i will just chill and do what I want at the time damm everyone else in the lobby. I will complain about things like 4 small pp builds on cocky survivors but its not their job to make the game fun for me and vice versa I expect these survivors would also complain if they solo qued into my basement as bubba.

  • @RoachesDelight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2050823#Comment_2050823

    "Ruin the game for the other side" This is hilarious because you can play the cleanest nicest game and still have the other side crying about it simply because people on this game can't handle their loss. I don't hate to go against anyone or anything in this game because it's just not a competitive game to me. Despite all the nonsense it's extremely easy to hit red ranks month after month without giving it that much effort and what's the reward for doing so? Absolutely nothing, so what do I care whether I win a game or lose until I derank back to 20? If someone is playing trying to "ruin my fun" or whatever people wanna call it okay? And then? If that's fun for them whatever move on to the next game or if it bothers you that much play a different game. Honestly though if you sit and complain that someone isn't playing the game in a way that you like and you can't just move on from it well then you're just a spoiled brat.

    welp..jpg

    Welp.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2049203#Comment_2049203

    I don't play to be "the good guy". I play to have fun, for myself, as I intended when I purchased the video game with my hard earned money. Winning, as it turns out, is fun for me.

    I think @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe might be talking about the integrity of oneself in the face of toxicity, not the general way one plays.

  • @lagosta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2049299#Comment_2049299

    I think @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe might be talking about the integrity of oneself in the face of toxicity, not the general way one plays.

    The point is, I play how I play. To win, which is fun for me. If I have to use a strategy or a tactic that the other side deems unfun, I'm well beyond giving a crap.

  • You're simply correct, I have no objections or comments

    Well....have a nice day

    Sorry I'm not used to completely agreeing with someone. This is very new to me :p

  • With a game like dbd, you can only have hatred toward the other team. This game is literally made to be toxic, so you can only try to be nice to people. People should not play a game like this if they are angered easily. With how annoying it is to get bloodpoints, and how good survivor teams can be, people feel like they are suffering for no reason. Once they get absolutely destroyed, it takes a bit of their humanity away. I'm not even above this, I get so angry at this game sometimes. It's a recipe for salt. 1v4 with meta perks and game breaking bugs that end up pissing you off just because you feel like it's the games fault. When you get into this mindset, the only way you can satiate your hunger for other people's pain is just to be a complete #########. I wish it didn't have to be like this, but as long as the game is how it is there will be these people.

  • All these people whinging that OP is telling them how to play.

    Not once did he tell you how to play. They say play how ever tf you want, just don't play like an innocent victim if you KNOW you play scummy.

  • @RoachesDelight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2050054#Comment_2050054

    If it isn't doing anything bannable then get over it. It's nobody's problem but your own if you get shook by a video game. Stop brining real life scenarios in to the picture when talking about a video game. I know some people may have a hard time differentiating between the two but there is a difference.

    Not when it comes to your unintelligent statement of "I paid money for it so I can do whatever I want".

  • @BioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2050432#Comment_2050432

    Not when it comes to your unintelligent statement of "I paid money for it so I can do whatever I want".

    As long as they're not doing anything that's ban-worthy they CAN do whatever they want. There's nothing in the game or otherwise to tell them they can't, if they want to play like an arse they have every right to. You're free to critique the way they play, but you can't tell them how they can and can't play. General rule for like, every multiplayer game in existence.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2055691#Comment_2055691

    As long as they're not doing anything that's ban-worthy they CAN do whatever they want. There's nothing in the game or otherwise to tell them they can't, if they want to play like an arse they have every right to. You're free to critique the way they play, but you can't tell them how they can and can't play. General rule for like, every multiplayer game in existence.

    and I never claimed otherwise....come on people.

  • @BioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2050432#Comment_2050432

    Not when it comes to your unintelligent statement of "I paid money for it so I can do whatever I want".

    Well if it isn't bannable or breaking the ToS then yeah I kinda can. By all means though keep crying over your virtual world than has more value than your actual reality ๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช

  • @RoachesDelight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2055691#Comment_2055691

    Well if it isn't bannable or breaking the ToS then yeah I kinda can. By all means though keep crying over your virtual world than has more value than your actual reality ๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช

    yikez man, the "unintelligent" remark was there to give you a hint but you double down....

  • A lot of people on these forums expect empathy when they don't give any of it back.

  • @BioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2059085#Comment_2059085

    yikez man, the "unintelligent" remark was there to give you a hint but you double down....

    Yeah I get it you like to use that word for whatever reason. First you say the it's an unintelligent statement to make for whatever reason, then go on to tell another person well I never said they couldn't play how they want. So what are you referring to? The fact that I can do what I want as long as it isn't breaking any rules because I'm the one who purchased the game and the game is licensed under my account? Or that people shouldn't compare playing in a "scummy" way to real life scenarios that are literally punishable with a jail sentence? Since you're the know all messiah of all that is wise go ahead and shower down your enlightenment of intellectual capabilities upon us scumbags who tilt you and make you sweat.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    I swear to god, every self-congratulatory spite post I read on this forum ages me by one more year. Immortal superbeing that I am, I can feel my #########' bones starting to melt from being here too long.

    Let me tell you something.

    When you say to yourself "Oh, I can do this miserable unfun thing to the other side, because they deserve it and I can feel good about myself on top of it", you're infinitely worse than whatever dickhead survivor tbagged you at the exit gates, or the facecamping bubba smacking you on the hook at 5 gens. Infinitely worse.

    I will gladly take a hundred of them over one of you.

    There's nothing sadder or less fortunate for me to have to look at for more than a fraction of a second than someone who's managed to elevate their resentment of the other side, "them" to such a level that they've decided--

    Not only are they all bad, not only are they all out to get me, I can take moral, righteous pleasure in doing bad things to them. I'm doing a good thing! I'm indulging in my base, petty spite and it's not even my fault, i'm the good guy!

    There is nothing worse.

    Good day.

    Hi, welcome to the planet Earth, where there is an abundance of self-righteous idiots under the guise of Dunning-Kruger. Enjoy your stay.

    Seriously though, have you never came across these types of idiots before? Look at the foreign minister of any small Slavic country and that'll be in every single speech of theirs.

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/237108/because-they-deserve-it

    Hi, welcome to the planet Earth, where there is an abundance of self-righteous idiots under the guise of Dunning-Kruger. Enjoy your stay.

    Seriously though, have you never came across these types of idiots before? Look at the foreign minister of any small Slavic country and that'll be in every single speech of theirs.

    I have, i'm just continually amazed that we can reach this level of shittery over a video game.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2059569#Comment_2059569

    I have, i'm just continually amazed that we can reach this level of shittery over a video game.

    I used to be gobsmacked by the amount of *insert expletive* and *insert another expletive* and *insert more expletives* in this game, but the human mind adapts to it frighteningly well. Talk about evil within.

1 2 โ€บ