Problem with Gideon Meat Plant

Hello, so there are very big problems with the reworked Gideon Meat Plant realm. With the first one being no-sense breakable walls. If you break them, you will only help the survivor by opening more paths to escape and another one - too many God pallets. I've made a video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQeMJynFLkU, this video explains those problems in detail.

Comments

  • The Game literally earned it’s place in my top 3 least favorite maps in terms of gameplay. Still debating the order of the top 3 as I also have Haddonfield and Midwich.

  • It was a map with 20 god pallets and now it's a map with 20 god pallets and useless breakable walls. I don't the devs who thought that was an improvement should touch that map again or it will be worse than Haddonfield.

  • Their solution to that problem was to make it so that if you down someone in those areas, you have to break the wall to even be able to actually hook them successfully. The walls on that map are just not pleasant for either side honestly.

  • @GannTM said:

    The Game literally earned it’s place in my top 3 least favorite maps in terms of gameplay. Still debating the order of the top 3 as I also have Haddonfield and Midwich.

    No amount of reworks can save midwich so I’d say it’s the worst

  • Theres a number of videos about this map

    https://youtu.be/W60_pOuLlIQ https://youtu.be/WcgwKPKO5Fk


    But tl;dw the designers don’t seem to care

  • @DawnMad said:

    It was a map with 20 god pallets and now it's a map with 20 god pallets and useless breakable walls. I don't the devs who thought that was an improvement should touch that map again or it will be worse than Haddonfield.

    There are like 30 god pallets lmao

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I think that Meat Plant was one of the maps where survivors had lower survival rates. I think they're compensating with this strange update while completely disregarding high rank play, as usual.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/B2TN9NOHZLBD/image.png

    woah didn't know about those rates

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I think that Meat Plant was one of the maps where survivors had lower survival rates. I think they're compensating with this strange update while completely disregarding high rank play, as usual.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/B2TN9NOHZLBD/image.png

    And its interesting how since then 2 of the killer sided maps got reworked, none of the survivor maps did.

    Of course, thats the whole balance philosophy of the game though.

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2041655#Comment_2041655

    And its interesting how since then 2 of the killer sided maps got reworked, none of the survivor maps did.

    Of course, thats the whole balance philosophy of the game though.

    All Coldwind Farms were nerfed in patch 3.7

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2042065#Comment_2042065

    But they were adjusted, the big red barn and Thomson's (I think it's Thomson's in the top pic) were both changed significantly. No more see-through walls, no more god-loops. Slaughterhouse was changed, old cow-loop is gone and so on. I don't think you can just ignore these changes, that isn't fair.

    Furthermore, the farm realm is literally next up for reworks so I don't understand the bitterness in your comment. I can seriously taste it, man.

    Bitterness? That’s because the writing is on the wall

    After that patch where they fixed the maps, they went back and added a lot of the problematic windows back in the graphic updates. Groaning storehouse now has a god window and an infinite, coal tower was buffed to having multiple breakable walls to stop the infinite and even then its still strong, autohaven maps were given incredibly strong windows too. Then you have campbells chapel which has either a god window, or a 4 window setup which becomes an infinite

    All signs point to the coldwind reworks being exactly the same. At best abbatoir will have a breakable wall to stop the infinite, at worst it will be like groaning storehouse where even breaking the wall does nothing because the wall is so far from the window. This is what they have done for the reworked realms so there’s no reason to assume they arent doing the same for coldwind.

    Mark my words, Rancid abbatoir, torment creek, fractured cowshed are all going to have extremely problematic main buildings and windows. Not sure how thompson house will be, ironically rotten fields will become the best of these maps.

  • i like the new atmosphere of the map. seems a lot more colorful but not cartoonish at the same time. in terms of gameplay i dont like the fact that every pallet is safe. you cant really get any loops out of unsafe ones but at least you can secure a bit of distance.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2042797#Comment_2042797

    I get it, the game isn't balanced for the top level survivor play and swf. It all revolves around that.

    Though other mortals, who don't play this game as a job with their teams only to "win", deserve to have a shot as survivors too. Fortunately, they're the majority of the playerbase and therefore are catered to first and foremost. It makes sense if you consider this.

    It does suck that we can't have the best of both worlds. Perhaps in the future. I was hoping the MMR would uncover this discrepancy so blatantly, that they couldn't ignore it anymore.

    But the god windows are all kinds of busted. They can be used over and over and over again all game long. They could easily fix them and throw in a few extra pallets to compensate.