Forced penance buff
On top of what it already does:
- Survivors afflicted with forced penance will reveal their aura to you for 5 seconds after leaving your terror radius.
This helps you follow up on a survivor who is punished for taking a protection hit. It obviously will still be very weak because it needs protection hit to activate, but it will make it have a stronger situational effect that is something you can actually follow up on.
Comments
Sounds good but how about if it made it so your oblivious and you get a repair penalty of 5%
Even better, make protection hits work properly. Any healthy survivor within 10m from injured one is supposed to be taking protection hit but that almost never procs any protection hit based perks as it should.
The issue is how often are protection hits really happening? Especially once they know you have the perk.
You could give it this affect you proposed and make it apply Oblivious to those people for the duration as well and it still wouldn't be ran. That's how bad it is.
Protection hits are rare enough that the pay off needs to be extreme. I mean honestly once every few games protection hits are procing...at most. The only time you really see this is two scenarios: 1) SWF squad, which once it applies once, it's never happening again. Is it worth a perk slot so survivors won't body block you? No, absolutely not. 2)They're potatoes and they're just hook trading, which in that scenario they're throwing the game anyway and the perk is irrelevant.
Anyway I like your idea. Just pointing out how weak the perk is in general when its power hinges on protection hits (which is its real flaw), regardless oh how much we keep attaching to it.
TBH the real solution to this perk is expanding the radius of what's considered a protection hit tremendously. IE maybe like as long as any other survivor is within 10m or something it's considered a protection hit. NOW we're talking. That is much more reliable.
I like running Forced Penance on Legion so this is a great change.
The oblivious effect already works for deathbound rn though, and the 5% repair penalty would do pretty much nothing.
Yeah, the main problem with the perk is that it requires a protection hit to activate which are uncommon. I would change it from a protection hit to maybe being in range of another survivor or some other condition, but that would go against the lore of the perk which is to punish survivors for being altruistic. The buff I have could help a little, but the main problem is how infrequent you will get protection hits.
If I was going to change it, I would make it do what I suggested, but I would make it have to do with rescues on a dying survivor and protection hits.
So if a slugged survivor is picked up off the ground they would have the broken status effect applied and their aura shown for 5 seconds when leaving your TR for the duration?
No, I meant a survivor healing that downed survivor. The savior of that survivor could be afflicted with broken and maybe hindered if they are healthy. I am unsure, but that is a concept that could be made to work with forced penance. It could also work if the downed survivor is in your terror radius.
I actually like this idea, it forces the survivor to either stay in your terror radius if they want to heal! ๐
The range is already 10, it just doesn't work and never procs on any perks as it's most likely bugged like protection hits were for years. If devs actually made the 10m range on injured survivors work, protection hit based perks would be so much more reliable.
Devs are just ignoring fixing something so minor as it must be very low on priority list compared to all the other broken bugged stuff in DBD.
Ah okay so you're referring to it effecting the rescuer, not the rescued, got it.
I typically lean away from Hindered effects (same as repair speed) as many find it "unfun". What if it applied Broken and Oblivious to protection hits and to the slug rescuers (but only if they're already injured, IE it doesn't cause an injured state).
I like Oblivious as a status effect as it's strong enough to matter but still has reasonable counter play. Oblivious also makes Broken actually matter as now being stuck injured is a danger. Without Oblivious the Broken status effect is just flat out bad. It causes survivors to not waste time healing and just gen rush you. Without the added danger of Oblivious being injured just isn't threatening enough.
Ah so it technically is already 10m, it's just been bugged and not working that way for pseudo forever. Gotcha
They really should get on that. I wonder if they even realize it because it's been bugged for quite a long time. So long I thought it was supposed to be working that way lol
Broken and oblivious could probably work together, but I think it is weird that 2 of p head's perks inflict the oblivious status effect.
Oblivious itself is usually weak because it is very situational in all other perks and just not useful because it doesn't last too long, and you aren't always going to find the survivor afflicted with it.
PH's other ability is Undetectable, not Oblivious technically lol.
"Oblivious itself is usually weak because it is very situational in all other perks and just not useful because it doesn't last too long, and you aren't always going to find the survivor afflicted with it."
Well that's why this is one of the situations I actually like it because it does last long enough to matter. IE with Forced Penance it would be lasting 80 seconds, so that's long enough to matter. I agree a lot of the other situations of applying Oblivious it doesn't last long enough to be significant.