DBD Just got hacked. No ones talking about it?

So are we just going to ignore yet another Behavior flaw? Can someone confirm that what they say here is true because i'm to the point where I just don't trust them anymore. "They got access to public & confidential information"; yet they didn't get access to confidential information? But we should still keep an eye on our accounts?


image.png


Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Oh no! Somebody might steal my username!!!!

  • @Ivaldi said:

    So are we just going to ignore yet another Behavior flaw? Can someone confirm that what they say here is true because i'm to the point where I just don't trust them anymore. "They got access to public & confidential information"; yet they didn't get access to confidential information? But we should still keep an eye on our accounts?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/L3CQDBE2GKM6/image.png

    Yes, I’m going to ignore this.

  • @gendoss said:

    Oh no! Somebody might steal my username!!!!

    You're missing the point genius.. it's more than just stealing your username. Credit card info, billing info, IP info, they have access to your cloud ID now. They say no personal information was stolen, but then double back on it?

  • You know a really good anti cheat system would be good right about now, guess I'll be getting a one month ban from hackers.

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2034414#Comment_2034414

    You're missing the point genius.. it's more than just stealing your username. Credit card info, billing info, IP info, they have access to your cloud ID now. They say no personal information was stolen, but then double back on it?

    So....is reading comprehension not your strong suit or?.....

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2034420#Comment_2034420

    So....is reading comprehension not your strong suit or?.....

    So what am I missing? The fact that we should just take their word on it?

    "They got access to confidential information" - Player ID being the only thing listed that's confidential.

    "The leaked information cannot be used to identify users, access their accounts or access any financial/sensitive information" - Yet they tell us not to share the Player cloud ID

    Then they tell us "As a precaution you should still watch for abnormal activity on your accounts" - If nothing important was stolen, then why?

  • @Ivaldi said:

    So are we just going to ignore yet another Behavior flaw? Can someone confirm that what they say here is true because i'm to the point where I just don't trust them anymore. "They got access to public & confidential information"; yet they didn't get access to confidential information? But we should still keep an eye on our accounts?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/L3CQDBE2GKM6/image.png

    Just because you don't see it being discussed in the forums doesn't mean it is being ignored. The dev message gives a way to contact customer support which is probably a more reliable place to get information and what those who have concerns are doing versus the forums.

  • I mean who cares, just pay attention to your credit card statements like you should anyway. I get a slew of random bs fraud charges about once a year anyway, its not like it costs you more than a phone call to rectify. Part of life these days.

  • We'll be fine, don't worry. They got it shut down. Lots of hackers are REALLY trying to crack into DBD this year. It's weird, I know. EAC needs their security measures fixed.

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2034414#Comment_2034414

    You're missing the point genius.. it's more than just stealing your username. Credit card info, billing info, IP info, they have access to your cloud ID now. They say no personal information was stolen, but then double back on it?

    DBD does not have access to credit card or billing info as transactions are managed by steam, windows store, xbox store, etc. There's also no mention of IP, nor is there any mention of cloud ID.

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2034420#Comment_2034420

    DBD does not have access to credit card or billing info as transactions are managed by steam, windows store, xbox store, etc. There's also no mention of IP, nor is there any mention of cloud ID.

    though there is a link between the platform and their account, it is very unlikely but possible they might beable to forge a link between them and the platform and then make purchases via that link. HOWEVER as I said very unlikely as it would probably only let them get auric cells since that's what they deal with. and no gift cards. but if they can do something like that can lead them into your platform account and if you've stored your card info there then they can do damage.

    As was said, it's good to know and keep an eye on it, yet doubtful anything will come of it. more or less the issue will be the usernames will be tried along with password permutations to other sites and platforms where more damage can happen.


    @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2034427#Comment_2034427

    So what am I missing? The fact that we should just take their word on it?

    "They got access to confidential information" - Player ID being the only thing listed that's confidential.

    "The leaked information cannot be used to identify users, access their accounts or access any financial/sensitive information" - Yet they tell us not to share the Player cloud ID

    Then they tell us "As a precaution you should still watch for abnormal activity on your accounts" - If nothing important was stolen, then why?

    the percautionary warning is them covering their butts! they tell you to be cautious and keep an eye on your accounts because of the fact that there are ways to trace data to other more sensitive information depending on how you have passwords and usernames set. There is a great deal of other things happening, also they did not mention cloud ID as being compromised which is not the same as player id. IF you have made an account with behavior, this is where most of this data is coming from and it is normal for companies to get hit, and they go for the smaller ones because people "don't care" and re-use passwords and usernames/emails for more sensitive places.

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2034427#Comment_2034427

    So what am I missing? The fact that we should just take their word on it?

    "They got access to confidential information" - Player ID being the only thing listed that's confidential.

    "The leaked information cannot be used to identify users, access their accounts or access any financial/sensitive information" - Yet they tell us not to share the Player cloud ID

    Then they tell us "As a precaution you should still watch for abnormal activity on your accounts" - If nothing important was stolen, then why?

    Does the word "precaution" mean nothing to you?

  • I feel bad for the hackermans. Imagine how many bugs got uploaded to their computer as a result. O O F.

  • @jester20k said:

    I mean who cares, just pay attention to your credit card statements like you should anyway. I get a slew of random bs fraud charges about once a year anyway, its not like it costs you more than a phone call to rectify. Part of life these days.

    Thankfully, I can create single-use virtual credit cards at will. Even if hackers had stolen that information (which they didn't nor could have, because BHVR does not have access to that data), they'd get a bunch of useless numbers.

  • For OP:

    @LowSpecGamersMatter said:

    So, BHVR got hacked and personal informations got access to personal information of players.

    GOOD JOB.

    What kind of kindergarden childsplay is this trash?

    This is absolutly unacceptable.

    And I found out about this randomly on youtube. No need to make this super public and warn your players asap right?

    @onemind said:

    Just saying

    Can we have examples of what to watch out for

    Preferably from someone who knows something about the recent security update

    @aEONoHM said:

    Looks like a hacker got info on about 30,000 players.

    @_NIGHTMARE_ said:

    Ok, so long story short; I've read the in game news.

    Yes, DbD was hacked. They gained around 30,000 player ID's, which apparently cannot be used to identify us. See the in game news for yourselves, please.

    Not trying to scaremonger or freak people out, but could someone please tell me why the Dev's waited it out so long to tell us this?

    This happened nearly a week ago and you are telling us this now? I get not wanting to cause an unecessary stir within the community, but that was the wrong way to go about it.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to the General Data Protection Laws (GPDR), a company that holds its users data needs to inform them immediately if any of their data has been leaked; regardless of whether it can be used to identify them or not (including personal data such as ID's).

    Could a moderator or developer get in touch with us on the forum in public because we need honest answers about what happened on the 13th of March, please.

    Also could you explain how a player ID cannot be used to identify us when its primary means of existence is to identify and help differentiate players?

    Thank you in advance.

    @crystalkitti said:

    I don't feel too worried, but if all they got access to were our names / account numbers, and nothing that could be used to manipulate our accounts or financials, what constitutes 'suspicious behavior'? besides, perhaps, getting an email saying somebody attempted to get into my Steam account, which I doubt would happen? (I am a PC-Steam player.)

    Q: Basically, I'm not going to worry. But what should I keep a lookout for?

    People did talk about it, a lot. However, it's really no big deal. Hackers got usernames and account identifiers (y'know, like your Steam ID64, which anyone can get from your profile).

  • Holy balls, I have to change my username now. BRB

  • Please avoid spreading false information and just refer to what has been officially stated:

    image.png

    There's nothing related to credit cards or more sensitive information and everything has been done to take immediate precautions, we still suggest to contact Support in case of abnormal behavior of your account.