New MMR is great if it really sorts or will sort players by their skill

Good players finally stop destroying weak players

Good survivors matched with good killers

It would finally be possible to gather data that isn't inflated by horrible difference between skill levels of survivors and killers, so that according balance changes could be made.

Really looking forward to complete addition of that system.

Comments

  • Well, as I said in another thread: It will not be perfect or close to it. Not ever.

    Heck, over in Overwatch, my team plays Quick Play and Quick Play Classic, both of which use a hidden MMR system for matchmaking. And in either mode, we will get many lopsided stomp matches, either for or against us. Some nights, the entirety of the night is like that.

    And that is a game with a far greater playerbase to create matches with.

    How many players are in a particular MMR bracket?

    How many are already assigned a match?

    How many are waiting?

    How many have been waiting long enough that the MM range has broadened, and now scoops up more people outside that bracket?

    Et cetera.

    There are a ton of variables that will make matches still be uneven stomps, and even in games with a much bigger playerbase.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    Well, as I said in another thread: It will not be perfect or close to it. Not ever.

    Heck, over in Overwatch, my team plays Quick Play and Quick Play Classic, both of which use a hidden MMR system for matchmaking. And in either mode, we will get many lopsided stomp matches, either for or against us. Some nights, the entirety of the night is like that.

    And that is a game with a far greater playerbase to create matches with.

    I'm not expecting it to be perfect, but if it will at least match players by their winrate until it all sorts out to everyone having more or less 50% in span of 100 games, then we could talk about real balance or changes if needed.

  • Yes, that is the point.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    Well, as I said in another thread: It will not be perfect or close to it. Not ever.

    Heck, over in Overwatch, my team plays Quick Play and Quick Play Classic, both of which use a hidden MMR system for matchmaking. And in either mode, we will get many lopsided stomp matches, either for or against us. Some nights, the entirety of the night is like that.

    And that is a game with a far greater playerbase to create matches with.

    Nothing is ever perfect but from what I have seen during this test MMR is considerably better at matchmaking then the older matching system.

  • @PhantomChimera said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2033684#Comment_2033684

    Nothing is ever perfect but MMR is a lot better at matchmaking then the the older system.

    Oh, I agree with you. No argument from me. I'm on a break since early December mainly BECAUSE of the current matchmaking. I'm looking forward to MMR and intend to return at that time.

    I was just responding because it sounds like some people (not necessarily this OP) expect fair matches 24/7. Temper expectations, was my point.

  • I wish they did it for longer than 24 hours just so I could get a better feel for it. As it was, I really had to work for my kills. As solo survivor, I had better teammates, but I only played about 10 games so it still doesn't say much other than the initial impression that it's better than it was the last time I played.

    I definitely think this is a step in the right direction even with all the complaints about sweat. It might even be easier for them to adjust "balance" by the parameters they set for your MMR. Hehe. If they could do that, BHVR wouldn't have to adjust much if matches steer more towards 2k/2e.

    I just wish they would add stats to my account so I can see how I'm doing.

  • to be honest....it's sh it, well, atleast for me, i did some games and:

    huntess: i'm not really good with her, i use her sometimes, she's not even at lvl 50(42) and i went against a rank 2-35-10 i was surprised because like i said, i'm not really good with her.

    deathslinger: lvevl 25(prestige 1) i usually play him quite a lot, got matched with rank 7-8-8-10 and they were really bad.

    hillbilly: lvl 42, i used him just to get his perks, went against 2 red rank(1-3) and 6-5 rank, i'm really bad with him, so why i went against those surv?

    for me, this MM was a complete mess and failure.

  • @Stryker said:

    to be honest....it's sh it, well, atleast for me, i did some games and:

    huntess: i'm not really good with her, i use her sometimes, she's not even at lvl 50(42) and i went against a rank 2-35-10 i was surprised because like i said, i'm not really good with her.

    deathslinger: lvevl 25(prestige 1) i usually play him quite a lot, got matched with rank 7-8-8-10 and they were really bad.

    hillbilly: lvl 42, i used him just to get his perks, went against 2 red rank(1-3) and 6-5 rank, i'm really bad with him, so why i went against those surv?

    for me, this MM was a complete mess and failure.

    They even said rank dosent matter for the mmr testing so how were the games

  • @onemind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2033801#Comment_2033801

    They even said rank dosent matter for the mmr testing so how were the games

    the games where obviously unbalanced, like i said, i'm shi t with huntress and i went against godtier surv, and i'm good with deathslinger, and the surv were pretty bad.

  • @Stryker said:

    to be honest....it's sh it, well, atleast for me, i did some games and:

    huntess: i'm not really good with her, i use her sometimes, she's not even at lvl 50(42) and i went against a rank 2-35-10 i was surprised because like i said, i'm not really good with her.

    deathslinger: lvevl 25(prestige 1) i usually play him quite a lot, got matched with rank 7-8-8-10 and they were really bad.

    hillbilly: lvl 42, i used him just to get his perks, went against 2 red rank(1-3) and 6-5 rank, i'm really bad with him, so why i went against those surv?

    for me, this MM was a complete mess and failure.

    Why are you looking at ranks?