"What is a win?"

I am just curious now, what do you consider a win to be? As a survivor and as a killer? What is a win?

Comments

  • thats up to you.
    in my eyes a win as survivor is A: if i escaped or B: if i piped.
    a killer win for me is 3 kills or more. everything else will be a draw / loss in my eyes (and usually also wont grand you a pip, so... thats pretty accurate)

  • If I had a good time.
  • Pipping is a "win" for me. Although if I make more than 14K as a survivor or 18K as a killer then I still see that as pretty damned good.

    My score is low for killer because I know I have BBQ and 36K can't be seen as a loss, surely.

  • For some it's a pip. Some it's just getting blood points.

    And others is just easy 4 kills/escapes.

  • Survivor: usually when i've been helpful to my team and 1, at least, managed to escape. I don't mind that much if i die or not, but ofc i always try to survive.
    Killer: i'm between 2 or 3 K, dunno
  • As Killer, >2 kills. As Survivor, escaping.

  • @Mc_Harty said:
    For some it's a pip. Some it's just getting blood points.

    And others is just easy 4 kills/escapes.

    Was asking Specifically what YOU consider a win :P

  • Escaping as a Survivor and 2 kills as a Killer.

  • @Shadow_Dragon said:
    Was asking Specifically what YOU consider a win :P

    Getting enough blood points.

    I've been to rank 1 multiple times on both sides I don't really care much for pips or being successful in my role.

    Right now I'm more focused on Prestiging all the characters.

  • A win to me is getting all 4 of my BBQ stacks.. 

    For real though a win to me is when I get enough points in a match. I don't really care about rank anymore. 
  • It's in the name.

    Killers - Kill everyone
    Survivors - Survive everyone

  • Killer - If I 4k
    Surv - If I had fun and died ( died to a good killer that didn't tunnel, camp, or use a mori lol ), Or survived.

  • Feeling satisfied with my performance. Sometimes they are just better, no shame if you can atleast hold your own for awhile.
  • @Shadow_Dragon said:
    I am just curious now, what do you consider a win to be? As a survivor and as a killer? What is a win?

    I recently came here from being in Overwatch since launch. Over there, a win/loss was clearly defined. Over here in Dead by Daylight, it isn't. And I love that.

    I honestly don't look at my trials as a win or a loss, but whether or not I had fun. I look at pips and bloodpoints as whether or not I did decent, and how I need to improve my gameplay (which is a lot, since I am brand new to the game).

    Games are a lot less stressful when I don't have to see Victory or Defeat pop-up on my screen.

  • Survivor

    Escape and Pip = Win
    Die and Pip = Draw
    Escape without Pip = Draw
    Die without Pip = Loss

    Killer

    2 or more Kills and a Pip = Win
    2 or more Kills but no Pip = Draw
    Under 2 Kills but still Pip = Draw
    Under 2 Kills and no Pip = Loss

    Safety pips don't count. It has to be a Pip up.

    Generally with killer the only "Draw" situation I get is "under 2 Kills but still Pip". If i got 2 kills in a match I've typically done enough to pip.

    Same basic idea with survivor. If I've made it to the point of having a chance to escape, I've probably done more than enough to pip.
  • Getting a positive message.

  • I don't really have any objective measurements, I'm just happy with match if I feel like I did well. Guess it often indirectly ties into pipping as if I feel like I did well I probably pipped (unless I did well by running the killer for long enough before dying and not getting to do anything else)

    Personally I feel the "4K / 4Escape or it's a loss" mindset leads to more frustration than it's worth. Like getting irrationally upset at a killer with 0 kills camping someone after the gates are open or a killer getting mad at a survivor for not falling for the obvious slug bait and just waiting for the hatch or something.

  • As a killer, leaving the match with 3 kills and a bucket of survivor salt. 2 kills is quite poor and if you consider it to be a victory you need more practice (Orion)

    As a survivor probably a pip since you can just hide the whole game and still manage to escape assuming your team do all the work.

  • @MojoTheFabulous said:
    Escaping as a Survivor and 2 kills as a Killer.

    @Orion said:
    As Killer, >2 kills. As Survivor, escaping.

    This.
    Piping is meaningless… Bloodpoints are meaningless… in it's core the game is about killing and surviving.
    (You can have fun playing a game, but that does not turn a loss into a win.)

  • @Legacy_Zealot said:
    As a killer, leaving the match with 3 kills and a bucket of survivor salt. 2 kills is quite poor and if you consider it to be a victory you need more practice (Orion)

    Do you not know what >2 means? It means "greater than two".

  • @Orion said:

    @Legacy_Zealot said:
    As a killer, leaving the match with 3 kills and a bucket of survivor salt. 2 kills is quite poor and if you consider it to be a victory you need more practice (Orion)

    Do you not know what >2 means? It means "greater than two".

    Knew that would make you nibble :lol: