what was the point of updating the animations if all they did was revert them right back?

The falling animations downing animations look bad again. you just drop the the floor. the only one that looks good now is the one where you get up from being down.

Comments

  • I wish they reverted the animation where survivors could spin on the ground. I can't give killers that give me hatch a proper spinning thank you anymore. 😔

  • @bm33 said:

    I wish they reverted the animation where survivors could spin on the ground. I can't give killers that give me hatch a proper spinning thank you anymore. 😔

    You can crawl backwards now and it's pretty funny to worm backwards

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2026985#Comment_2026985

    You can crawl backwards now and it's pretty funny to worm backwards

    I'll have to check that out, although not sure if good thank you to killers.

  • Survivors didn't like having a directional tell when doing a 360 or attempting to dodge something.

    Cry hard enough and stage mass protests to not play and you get what you want.

  • @bm33 said:

    I wish they reverted the animation where survivors could spin on the ground. I can't give killers that give me hatch a proper spinning thank you anymore. 😔

    That's ok. Seeing the survivor slurp down the hatch face first is more than enough reward for giving hatch. Makes me laugh every time

  • @Zozzy said:

    Survivors didn't like having a directional tell when doing a 360 or attempting to dodge something.

    Cry hard enough and stage mass protests to not play and you get what you want.

    Had absolutely nothing to do with that, they literally stated they didn't want to change how moving felt and it did the entire opposite, it felt incredibly awful to move and even made it feel slower for no reason.

  • Unfortunately some people complained that "wE CaN't 360 AnYmOrE!" and the devs reverted it back...

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2027036#Comment_2027036

    Had absolutely nothing to do with that, they literally stated they didn't want to change how moving felt and it did the entire opposite, it felt incredibly awful to move and even made it feel slower for no reason.

    You do you. we all know what happened.

    I didn't have instant survivor q for nothing.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2027036#Comment_2027036

    Had absolutely nothing to do with that, they literally stated they didn't want to change how moving felt and it did the entire opposite, it felt incredibly awful to move and even made it feel slower for no reason.

    That's the thing, it FELT different even when it wasn't. I found some videos of direct comparisons between both animations and the moved distance was close to exact the same.

    Edit: speaking of moved distance in terms of dodge/turnspeed left/right and other animation speeds.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2027194#Comment_2027194

    You do you. we all know what happened.

    I didn't have instant survivor q for nothing.

    I feel like the drop in survivors was more because of the desync hits than the animation, but either way you’re right this was definitely developers caving in to pressure from survivors once again.

    It was a really, really dumb move. 360’s are just survivors wanting safety 100% of the time. Another second chance stacked on top of all the other second chances.

    ”but but 360’s only hurt bad killers!”

    And thats the problem. Videogames are like a company, there’s turnover. Old players leave and new ones join. You’re going to constantly need new people to stop your game numbers declining from the old ones leaving but more importantly to actually grow your playerbase. Survivor queue times are at an all time high and here was a chance to remove one of the mechanics that frustrates new players and they wouldn’t do if.

    Am I saying new killers quit because of 360’s alone? No, but the point is its one of many frustrating mechanics and its one that they had removed and later put back in. All so that when the matchmaking throws out its garbage or the swf get a smurf some red rank can do a few 360 click click 360 click click plays for their YouTube montage.

    Meanwhile watch survivors rage about queue times and killers lobby dodging (the only killers left arent willing to face your 3 toolbox and a key swf on coldwind)

  • The 5 FPS nod animation and the creepy standing animation made it already worth it

  • @Dizzy1096 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2027224#Comment_2027224

    I feel like the drop in survivors was more because of the desync hits than the animation, but either way you’re right this was definitely developers caving in to pressure from survivors once again.

    It was a really, really dumb move. 360’s are just survivors wanting safety 100% of the time. Another second chance stacked on top of all the other second chances.

    ”but but 360’s only hurt bad killers!”

    And thats the problem. Videogames are like a company, there’s turnover. Old players leave and new ones join. You’re going to constantly need new people to stop your game numbers declining from the old ones leaving but more importantly to actually grow your playerbase. Survivor queue times are at an all time high and here was a chance to remove one of the mechanics that frustrates new players and they wouldn’t do if.

    Am I saying new killers quit because of 360’s alone? No, but the point is its one of many frustrating mechanics and its one that they had removed and later put back in. All so that when the matchmaking throws out its garbage or the swf get a smurf some red rank can do a few 360 click click 360 click click plays for their YouTube montage.

    Meanwhile watch survivors rage about queue times and killers lobby dodging (the only killers left arent willing to face your 3 toolbox and a key swf on coldwind)

    this right here. the reason the survivors dropped was because of the terrible hit detection. that's the main reason. the 360's are the second. I'm not the worst killer but I'm far form the best. I play survivor too and I'm better on that side. but it felt to me that people want to 360 just be annoying among many other things and the fact that they couldn't do it with 100% reliability they didn't like it

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2027194#Comment_2027194

    You do you. we all know what happened.

    I didn't have instant survivor q for nothing.

    The desync issue was introduced with the same patch though. Even if we include all complaints about the movement (including stuff 100% unrelated to balance like "the injured running animation looks bad") the discussions about the desync heavily outnumbered them.

  • Because people were blinded by nostalgia, calling them bad looking, whether those people really thought that or not. It's just cool, I guess, to hate on new things, which is why we still don't have MMR. Oh, and also they wanted easy 360s back. Can't let console killers have it as easy as PC players, right?

  • They can claim whatever reason but the biggest thing I saw with Survivors posts was 360

  • They kept some, and I like having a functional spine now. The new madness tier 3 is sick as hell too.

  • I hate how they just ripped out all the animation transitions. They were my favorite part about the animation update as survivor and killer. I wish they would have at least taken a couple weeks after fixing the desync and see if people adjusted.

    I play ~90% survivor and will continue to do so since I rarely land hits in the open with killer powers like Demo's. The janky movement makes it so easy for survivors to change direction with no tell and dodge when they are completely outpositioned. Really sad for console or just newer killer players in general. Also it made the new animations look a lot worse...